“Fring is not a communications platform, but only a toy or at best a testbed for shiny objects.” Comment by Hudson Barton on Andy Abramson’s post: Fring Fumbles on Cross Platform Video Chat In observing the evolution of Skype and third party access to it over the past few years I have often wondered how […]
Tag Archives | Skype on Mobile
But it’s neither; it’s an electronic version of a briefcase (or attaché case) which can contain everything we carry around with a roughly 8.5″ x 11″ form factor Consider the items we would carry around in a briefcase: newspapers and magazines …Many are disappointed by the fact it’s not a phone; however, that issue was […]
Early today Skype released Skype for iPhone 1.3, available as an update in the Apple App Store. Two key new features: Landscape Mode for Skype IM: Call Quality Indicator The Call Quality Indicator builds on the experience gained with the call quality indicator in Skype for Windows 4.2 beta – a tool I have found […]
Yesterday UK web publication TelecomTV put out a post “Skype claims mobiles are involved in a quarter of its calls“. But a “correction” comment by the author, Tony Chan, disclaims his basic premise: CORRECTION: As the original author of this story for CommsDay, I am corrected by Skype that the 4 billion minute figure is […]
The new G-1 phone based on Google’s Android platform is slowing getting out to market this week through T-Mobile stores in U.S. locations where T-Mobile supports the 3G wireless protocol. At launch there appear to be about 50 third party applications available for download to the G-1 via Android Market. One of those applications is […]
Mobile carrier pioneer 3 has taken another step that reduces costs for mobile calling worldwide from any of the Skype-enabled mobile phone handsets in their offering. Effectively it means that 3’s customers can not only make free calls to other Skype contacts but also to any landline and mobile worldwide via an implementation of a […]
For some time now, Skype users in Europe and other countries could send their SkypeIn number as a CallerID (Caller Line Identification – CLI) for SkypeOut calls. Yet if a North American made a SkypeOut call, usually the recipient of the call would see a non-identifying “0000123456” or something similar. This week Skype has modified […]
iSkoot provides the ability to call, and/or chat with, your Skype or SkypeOut contacts from a mobile smart phone, turning international calls into “local” calls. While chat sessions are carried out on the device, voice calls are initiated from the device but carried over the wireless network’s robust voice channel, usually at the cost of […]
Having reflected on Skype’s accomplishments in 2007 and some of the more interesting devices and technologies that have crossed my way, now for my projections for 2008. (In the interest of enhanced objectivity — not that I can be totally objective — I have yet to read Phil’s 37 Sketchy 2008 Skype Predictions or Andy’s […]
While this blog tends to focus on new developments and the role they can play in our future real time conversations, it sometimes pays to look back to see what has been accomplished. For 2007, these are, from my perspective, top ten accomplishments for the Skype ecosystem: 1. eBay CEO Meg Whitman states at an […]
Get Email Updates (It’s Free!)
Skype Reference Guide
- Skype Features
- Case Studies
- Skype In Business
- Skype for Business
- Hosted Services
- BlackBerry KEYone – An Security Enhanced Android Phone May 31, 2017
- A Tale of Two BlackBerry’s May 31, 2017
- Returning to Blogging May 30, 2017
- Experience Skype to the Max: 2nd Edition March 17, 2015
- BlackBerry Classic–Beyond The Power of the Keyboard Upgraded December 17, 2014
- FREETALK® Everyman USB Headset for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”! August 14, 2009
- Coming “Real Soon Now”: Skype for iPhone over 3G February 3, 2010
- Skype’s SILK Codec: Working Towards Adoption as a Standard March 11, 2010
- SILK: Skype’s New Audio Codec Sets New Performance Standards for Voice Conversations February 3, 2009
- Skype Everywhere: Nokia and Skype Announce Ongoing Partnership February 17, 2009
- RIM: A Phoenix Emerging from its Ashes | 2 Sides 2 Everything: [...] Courtney writing on his blog (https://voiceo...
- RIM 1 of likely companies to fold next year - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com: [...] however, BB10 is the sign of a rebirth. ...
- “Skype Has Stopped Working”: Another Service Interruption | Voice on the Web: [...] Skype Login Disruption Update: User Friendly...
- Skype With Your Doctor: Risk vs. Reward —C3Social Social Media Consulting Milwaukee & Chicago C3Social: [...] Even with a signed disclaimer for treatment,...
- Whither Skype Extras Today? Withered? | Voice on the Web: [...] the Extras publishers were acquired; for ins...
- @pederson_cole @Mikeggibbs It’s on Walker’s Line north of 403. 01:09:51 PM August 13, 2021 from Twitter for iPad in reply to pederson_cole ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @EricaEhm: To be clear, I trust science. I am 100% grateful for vaccines. To all those trying to attack me and my beliefs, you’re wast… 11:52:16 PM July 25, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @CheriDiNovo: YES July 14: Students should be required to be vaccinated as they always have been for measles etc. The only difference is… 12:19:07 PM July 15, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @BogochIsaac: It is now open season for #COVID19 vaccination in Ontario. Everyone 18+ is eligible to book anywhere in the province. Fa… 08:18:45 AM May 18, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Go for it! https://t.co/Zte4xDYu4m 07:21:51 PM February 09, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @JeffreyLuscombe The Leafs have not won the Stanley Cup since Tim Horton left the Leafs after winning four Stanley… https://t.co/sVckRtZqhl 07:19:21 PM February 09, 2021 from Twitter for iPad in reply to JeffreyLuscombe ReplyRetweetFavorite
- No Tweets Available