This morning I received a chat message from TechCraver’s Jason Harris asking if I would take a video call. Little did I realize that this was not going to be a normal HD Skype video call like our last one. Jason is a fan of the Nokia N900 mobile computer which has always supported Skype […]
Tag Archives | Nokia
At CES 2010 last month I had the opportunity to record interviews with Skype CEO Josh Silverman as well as Russ Shaw, Vice President and General Manager of Skype Mobile and EMEA, and Matt Jordan, Enterprise Business Development Manager. In this second interview Russ Shaw covers a wide range of questions about Skype on different […]
Yesterday Rogers launched the first Android phones available in Canada with two devices: the HTC Magic (touch screen only) and HTC Dream (touchscreen and slide-out keyboard). Rogers is the first carrier worldwide offering both these devices and also the first North American carrier to offer the HTC Magic. Over two years ago, in a post […]
I follow several forums about Skype, for instance at LinkedIn and on eCademy. Recently I have noticed a thread on the LinkedIn Skype for Business Group asking about using Skype without a PC. While eventually I intend to have more detailed information in response to such a question in the reference content on this site, […]
Yesterday’s announcement of Grand Central’s rebirth as Google Voice drew a lot of attention from both the mainstream media and blogger world. In following the IP-based communications world over the past three years, I have come to believe that the only potential real time conversation service provider challenger to Skype could come from Google. It […]
With the evolution of smartphones incorporating both WiFi and 3G wireless support, we are also seeing the application of Voice over IP technology as providing at least one leg of a wireless call. iSkoot was a pioneering example, with both their support of a wide range of wireless phones, including Nokia, Android and BlackBerry (full […]
I spent yesterday at a Nokia marketing event in Toronto and decided to only take my three mobile devices to see how I would deal with maintaining essential contacts and information flow (email, Twitter, Facebook, voice calls, web browsing) without having a full laptop available. The devices: a Blackberry 8820 (GSM/EDGE/WiFi), a Nokia N95 (WiFi […]
When I received this Twitter message earlier this afternoon: clicked on the embedded URL and immediately was listening in on a conversation involving not only Stuart Henshall but also David Beckemeyer of Televolution (producer of PhoneGnome – now known as the PhweetGeek), I found I was in for a most interesting conversation experience. Within minutes […]
Over the past few months there have been a few Skype Journal posts about iSkoot and how they provide mobile device access to Skype’s services. Of course, iSkoot also provides the software behind the Skypephone on the 3 network in nine countries. Recently iSkoot has been getting some accolades from third parties: Nokia named iSkoot […]
With the emergence of iPhone 3G and Blackberry Bold, certainly from a North American perspective, one has to wonder where Nokia is heading in the smartphone space. Certainly a clue evolved Tuesday when Nokia announced they were acquiring the remainder of Symbian they did not already own for $410 million along with a plan to […]
Get Email Updates (It’s Free!)
Skype Reference Guide
- Skype Features
- Case Studies
- Skype In Business
- Skype for Business
- Hosted Services
- BlackBerry KEYone – An Security Enhanced Android Phone May 31, 2017
- A Tale of Two BlackBerry’s May 31, 2017
- Returning to Blogging May 30, 2017
- Experience Skype to the Max: 2nd Edition March 17, 2015
- BlackBerry Classic–Beyond The Power of the Keyboard Upgraded December 17, 2014
- FREETALK® Everyman USB Headset for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”! August 14, 2009
- Coming “Real Soon Now”: Skype for iPhone over 3G February 3, 2010
- Skype’s SILK Codec: Working Towards Adoption as a Standard March 11, 2010
- SILK: Skype’s New Audio Codec Sets New Performance Standards for Voice Conversations February 3, 2009
- Skype Everywhere: Nokia and Skype Announce Ongoing Partnership February 17, 2009
- RIM: A Phoenix Emerging from its Ashes | 2 Sides 2 Everything: [...] Courtney writing on his blog (https://voiceo...
- RIM 1 of likely companies to fold next year - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com: [...] however, BB10 is the sign of a rebirth. ...
- “Skype Has Stopped Working”: Another Service Interruption | Voice on the Web: [...] Skype Login Disruption Update: User Friendly...
- Skype With Your Doctor: Risk vs. Reward —C3Social Social Media Consulting Milwaukee & Chicago C3Social: [...] Even with a signed disclaimer for treatment,...
- Whither Skype Extras Today? Withered? | Voice on the Web: [...] the Extras publishers were acquired; for ins...
- @pederson_cole @Mikeggibbs It’s on Walker’s Line north of 403. 01:09:51 PM August 13, 2021 from Twitter for iPad in reply to pederson_cole ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @EricaEhm: To be clear, I trust science. I am 100% grateful for vaccines. To all those trying to attack me and my beliefs, you’re wast… 11:52:16 PM July 25, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @CheriDiNovo: YES July 14: Students should be required to be vaccinated as they always have been for measles etc. The only difference is… 12:19:07 PM July 15, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @BogochIsaac: It is now open season for #COVID19 vaccination in Ontario. Everyone 18+ is eligible to book anywhere in the province. Fa… 08:18:45 AM May 18, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Go for it! https://t.co/Zte4xDYu4m 07:21:51 PM February 09, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @JeffreyLuscombe The Leafs have not won the Stanley Cup since Tim Horton left the Leafs after winning four Stanley… https://t.co/sVckRtZqhl 07:19:21 PM February 09, 2021 from Twitter for iPad in reply to JeffreyLuscombe ReplyRetweetFavorite
- No Tweets Available