Warning: this has nothing to do with NSA and the associated debates. During my career I have worked with several high tech companies, as both employers and clients. One common thread is that you build new offerings or modify existing offerings based on performance experiences and opportunities that the previous offerings exposed. Developer toolkits become […]
Tag Archives | Microsoft acquires Skype
A few months ago Skype introduced the ability to associate your Skype ID with a Microsoft ID and the option to log into Skype via your Microsoft ID. The most immediate advantage is the addition of your Windows Live Messenger contacts to those accessible from the Skype client. While many Skype users have taken advantage […]
Today yesterday’s rumor was confirmed that Microsoft will close down Windows Live Messenger in Q1, 2013 and migrate the 100 million active accounts over to Skype. In a Skype Big Blog post, Skype President Tony Bates comments: Our goal remains to deliver the best communications experience for everyone, everywhere. We want to focus our efforts […]
With the release of Skype for Windows 5.11 beta and Skype for Mac 5.11 beta, we first encountered the ability to log into Skype via a “linked” Microsoft account. Since then Skype has introduced other offerings that make it clear why this merging is becoming necessary, especially with the launch of Skype for Windows 8. […]
Earlier this week Skype announced a “New” Skype for Windows 8; Not Your Skype for Windows “Classic”. Today Skype has launched, coincident with the launch of Microsoft’s new Windows 8 operating system, Skype for Windows 8. It’s the first major Microsoft offering that basically embeds Skype into the entire Windows user experience. Access to Skype’s […]
Last week Skype released Skype 5.11 for Windows – beta and Skype 5.11 for Mac – beta. And the key word here is “beta”. But it starts to give a picture of how Microsoft intends to integrate Skype into its offerings, especially as Microsoft approaches the launch later this year of Windows 8, Office 2013 […]
Overnight Microsoft announced they had closed their acquisition of Skype, following the final EU Commission regulatory approval last week. Key points: Skype will remain as an independent business unit within Microsoft under the leadership of former Skype CEO Tony Bates who becomes President of Microsoft’s Skype Division. It’s a new tact for a Microsoft acquisition. […]
Earlier this week I reported an update on the status of the EU Commission approval, indicating that it appeared there would be no conditions placed on Microsoft’s acquisition of Skype. Today the final ruling came out with details behind the EU decision. In their decision it is interesting to note they split out the consumer […]
According to a report this evening out of Brussels at Financial Times’ FT.com, reporter Alex Barker states that Microsoft is to win approval of its acquisition of Skype with no conditions. No timing for an official announcement was given. Basically the approval ignored “legacy” bundling complaints and Microsoft won its argument that the market has […]
So the iPhone announcements today blew away the speculators. And we’ll have to listen to another year of pundits speculating about the iPhone 5. So here’s something else to speculate about;we should have some direction as to where this story is going by the end of the week. According to the recent information the European […]
Get Email Updates (It’s Free!)
Skype Reference Guide
- Skype Features
- Case Studies
- Skype In Business
- Skype for Business
- Hosted Services
- BlackBerry KEYone – An Security Enhanced Android Phone May 31, 2017
- A Tale of Two BlackBerry’s May 31, 2017
- Returning to Blogging May 30, 2017
- Experience Skype to the Max: 2nd Edition March 17, 2015
- BlackBerry Classic–Beyond The Power of the Keyboard Upgraded December 17, 2014
- FREETALK® Everyman USB Headset for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”! August 14, 2009
- Coming “Real Soon Now”: Skype for iPhone over 3G February 3, 2010
- Skype’s SILK Codec: Working Towards Adoption as a Standard March 11, 2010
- SILK: Skype’s New Audio Codec Sets New Performance Standards for Voice Conversations February 3, 2009
- Skype Everywhere: Nokia and Skype Announce Ongoing Partnership February 17, 2009
- RIM: A Phoenix Emerging from its Ashes | 2 Sides 2 Everything: [...] Courtney writing on his blog (https://voiceo...
- RIM 1 of likely companies to fold next year - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com: [...] however, BB10 is the sign of a rebirth. ...
- “Skype Has Stopped Working”: Another Service Interruption | Voice on the Web: [...] Skype Login Disruption Update: User Friendly...
- Skype With Your Doctor: Risk vs. Reward —C3Social Social Media Consulting Milwaukee & Chicago C3Social: [...] Even with a signed disclaimer for treatment,...
- Whither Skype Extras Today? Withered? | Voice on the Web: [...] the Extras publishers were acquired; for ins...
- RT @EricaEhm: To be clear, I trust science. I am 100% grateful for vaccines. To all those trying to attack me and my beliefs, you’re wast… 11:52:16 PM July 25, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @CheriDiNovo: YES July 14: Students should be required to be vaccinated as they always have been for measles etc. The only difference is… 12:19:07 PM July 15, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @BogochIsaac: It is now open season for #COVID19 vaccination in Ontario. Everyone 18+ is eligible to book anywhere in the province. Fa… 08:18:45 AM May 18, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Go for it! https://t.co/Zte4xDYu4m 07:21:51 PM February 09, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @JeffreyLuscombe The Leafs have not won the Stanley Cup since Tim Horton left the Leafs after winning four Stanley… https://t.co/sVckRtZqhl 07:19:21 PM February 09, 2021 from Twitter for iPad in reply to JeffreyLuscombe ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @danyork Be careful. Talking on a real phone call will eat up your time! 06:27:30 PM February 06, 2021 from Twitter for iPad in reply to danyork ReplyRetweetFavorite
- No Tweets Available