Pardon my exuberance but I am about to write about a product that I have been beta testing for the past few months. Seven months ago I knew very little about small business PBX’s other than to know they had big $$$ signs associated with their operation. Back in 1992 my employer of the day […]
Tag Archives | Asterisk
Building on Skype’s recent announcements of its evolving Skype for Business activities, Chief Strategy Office Christopher Dean gave a keynote address yesterday at a joint VON/Channel Partners Conference session. Three posts have followed up on the session: Khali Henderson, in Skype Not Just Telecom’s “Bad Boy”, CSO Says, reports Christopher’s overview of their approach to […]
This week about 50,000 people have gathered in the northern Nevada desert for the annual Burning Man ritual. You really have to visit their website to get a feel for what it is about and the principles that guide this annual one week experience. Started in the mid-1980s, Burning Man is designed to generate a […]
Following a link from Dan York’s update to his post outlining technical details of Skype for SIP, I found a link to this post from IfByPhone’s Irv Shapiro: Why Skype for Asterisk is more important than Skype for SIP. First, Irv has done perhaps the best articulation yet differentiating Skype for Asterisk from Skype for […]
The Voice On The Web public chat has continued to be lively through the week. Not only has Skype’s Senior Product Manager responsible for Skype for SIP, Chris Moore, participated but a couple of other guests have joined the discussion to clarify some issues. First to summarize Chris’ comments: He is sorting through the overwhelming […]
Yesterday’s announcement of the Skype for SIP beta created lots of commentary in the blogosphere; it remained the leading topic on Techmeme for several hours. Phil Wolff over at Skype Journal, in “Skype For SIP: Big Money, Skypeless, Brand Destroyer”, outlines some of the positioning with respect to Skype for Asterisk, channel schism issues and […]
Skype announces launch of a beta version of Skype for SIP, connecting IP-PBX’s to the Skype cloud. Dan York, while a keen supporter of Skype, has been campaigning for a Skype to SIP interconnect on his Disruptive Telephony blog. In a post last fall, “Skype and SIP – the two sides of the issue raised […]
Over the past three days there has been a continuous stream of presentations that provide insight into a wide range of issues, opportunities and perspectives in the IP-based communications space going forward. While there will be more posts covering individual presentations, it’s worth taking time to mention a few highlights: Most innovative, outside-the-box, presentation: Ge […]
At last fall’s AstriCon, Stefan Oberg, Skype’s Vice-President for Business, announced the launch of a development program with Digium leading to Skype for Asterisk. Today Digium posted a progress update outlining the current status of the beta program along with more details of the Skype for Asterisk feature set. Digium claims to have logged “tens […]
Following up on Thursday’s announcement of Skype for Asterisk for which details were posted on Skype Journal late Thursday, Dan York has published a more technical post, “Clarifying how Asterisk could possibly be used as a Skype-to-SIP gateway“, discussing how the Asterisk PBX treats incoming and outgoing calls, effectively independently of how the Asterisk PBX […]
Get Email Updates (It’s Free!)
Skype Reference Guide
- Skype Features
- Case Studies
- Skype In Business
- Skype for Business
- Hosted Services
- BlackBerry KEYone – An Security Enhanced Android Phone May 31, 2017
- A Tale of Two BlackBerry’s May 31, 2017
- Returning to Blogging May 30, 2017
- Experience Skype to the Max: 2nd Edition March 17, 2015
- BlackBerry Classic–Beyond The Power of the Keyboard Upgraded December 17, 2014
- FREETALK® Everyman USB Headset for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”! August 14, 2009
- Coming “Real Soon Now”: Skype for iPhone over 3G February 3, 2010
- Skype’s SILK Codec: Working Towards Adoption as a Standard March 11, 2010
- SILK: Skype’s New Audio Codec Sets New Performance Standards for Voice Conversations February 3, 2009
- Skype Everywhere: Nokia and Skype Announce Ongoing Partnership February 17, 2009
- RIM: A Phoenix Emerging from its Ashes | 2 Sides 2 Everything: [...] Courtney writing on his blog (https://voiceo...
- RIM 1 of likely companies to fold next year - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com: [...] however, BB10 is the sign of a rebirth. ...
- “Skype Has Stopped Working”: Another Service Interruption | Voice on the Web: [...] Skype Login Disruption Update: User Friendly...
- Skype With Your Doctor: Risk vs. Reward —C3Social Social Media Consulting Milwaukee & Chicago C3Social: [...] Even with a signed disclaimer for treatment,...
- Whither Skype Extras Today? Withered? | Voice on the Web: [...] the Extras publishers were acquired; for ins...
- Conservatives proving they are losers beyond the election. I want my MP to be able to remain healthy. https://t.co/ll0jD4SCe3 07:13:14 AM October 21, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- ParaOlympics https://t.co/gWBDqIWU8Z 06:54:47 AM October 02, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @pederson_cole @Mikeggibbs It’s on Walker’s Line north of 403. 12:09:51 PM August 13, 2021 from Twitter for iPad in reply to pederson_cole ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @EricaEhm: To be clear, I trust science. I am 100% grateful for vaccines. To all those trying to attack me and my beliefs, you’re wast… 10:52:16 PM July 25, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @CheriDiNovo: YES July 14: Students should be required to be vaccinated as they always have been for measles etc. The only difference is… 11:19:07 AM July 15, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @BogochIsaac: It is now open season for #COVID19 vaccination in Ontario. Everyone 18+ is eligible to book anywhere in the province. Fa… 07:18:45 AM May 18, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- No Tweets Available