While at the Skype Developers Conference in early June, I learned about the first Blackberry application involving Skype; in particular, it followed the model I had been suggesting of using Skype itself for IM but, for a variety of both technical and cost reasons, using the underlying wireless voice plan for voice calls. In practice, IM+ for Skype incorporates Skype IM, SkypeOut, Skype and Skype Conferencing to provide such a capability for the Blackberry, Nokia Symbian 60 phones (certain N-series and E-series versions) and Palm devices. And they now have a web-based beta version that provides Skype access on Apple’s new iPhone.
Last week I received an email from Shape Services Vice President of Marketing advising me that IM+ for Skype has received Skype Certification in a new Remote Access category. Congratulations to the Shape Services team on achieving this milestone; we look forward to other Skype Certified products in this category.
- Security, Skype and the Blackberry
- IM+ 2.5: Call Your (Skype and Blackberry Contacts Your Way!
- Skype on the Blackberry – A New Era in the AlwaysOn World
- Seat to Seat Calling via Skype on a Blackberry
- iSkoot Launches Beta Client and Service for Blackberry
- Dan York: Making Skype Calls from the Blackberry…..
Tags: IM+ for Skype, Shape Services, Skype, Blackberry, iPhone, Nokia, Symbian 60, Dan York
Powered by Qumana