While the FREETALK Connect all encompassing PBX announced at IT Expo last Wednesday changes the economics of small business communications, it also provides a platform around which third party applications can readily be built and integrated.
Thursday saw the announcement of the FREETALK Connect Alliance, comprising thirteen charter members plus FREETALK that covers applications from conference calling to communications enhanced business processes.
Charter members include:
- AbbeyNet/Sitofono (Italy)
- Cloudvox (USA)
- FlatPlanet Phone Company (Israel)
- FREETALK (Spain)
- IfByPhone (USA)
- In Store Solutions (Hong Kong)
- Iotum/Calliflower (Canada)
- Jazinga (Canada)
- Skype (Luxembourg)
- Tatung (Taiwan)
- Thomas Howe’s Light and Electric (USA)
- Voxeo (US)
- Voxygen (UK)
- Voxbone (Belgium)
What stands out amongst all these members is their previous experience either contributing to, or developing, applications envisioned by Alec Saunders’ Voice 2.0 Manifesto more than three years ago. IVR infrastructure, conference calling, worldwide DID number provisioning, voice broadcasting and other hosted services are amongst the strengths brought into the consortium. FREETALK is continuing to recruit additional members whose bottom line is to deliver innovative applications that deliver new business opportunities to their customers.
Expect to see an entire ecosystem of products evolve around the FREETALK Connect with its inherent support of Asterisk, SIP, Skype and Skype for SIP working with the members’ existing API sets.
Full disclosure: In Store Solutions, producer of the FREETALK line of Skype hardware, has become a client of Denali InterConneXions, publisher of Voice On The Web, building on the author’s previous business development experience with establishing partnerships that can assist with the promotion of a primary vendor’s offerings. A more complete statement will follow shortly.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Ifbyphone, VoIP Apps Provider Buys Cloudvox (gigaom.com)
- Thomas Howe leaves Jaduka, retakes Voice Mashup King status (skypejournal.com)
- eComm Europe 2009: Taking You to the Bleeding Edge (voiceontheweb.biz)
- Voxeo Becomes a Conversation Platform Company: Announcing Developer Support for IM Applications (voiceontheweb.biz)
- Calliflower Update: Reaching Out to 30 Countries and 100 Cities. (voiceontheweb.biz)
- Skype for Asterisk Release Marries Skype Calling into Popular Asterisk PBX Platform (voiceontheweb.biz)