Just a few pointers resulting from a day of using Skype and assisting acquaintances who run a couple of small businesses get going with Skype. The day started with three concurrent chat sessions with contacts in London, New York and Munich; why does everybody make contact at the same time and then it’s quiet for […]
Archive | Using Skype RSS feed for this section
When looking at Convenos, think of entering your conference or board room and encountering the audio-visual devices within that room: a slide projector, a whiteboard, a video monitor and probably a display adapter with screen. In essence Convenos Meeting Center moves that board room to the Internet, even to the point where you can enter […]
Over the past couple of months there have been posts about various means to access Skype from the Blackberry: One common questions that arises is that of security when you are providing your login name and password to a "server" that acts as a Skype gateway from your wireless device. I have had a chance […]
Over the past few years Live Chat, along with Click-to-Call, have become common tools embedded in marketing and e-commerce websites. To be effective the chat or voice session has to assume site visitors have no other tools beyond the browser to act as a chat client or voice device. Live Person has become one of […]
Take a MacBook with embedded webcam, add Skype video and mix into a WiFi Connection Amber MacArthur is a local Toronto-based technology reporter who not only does daily television broadcast reports for CityTV but also has her own CommandN.tv online video podcasts. Last Wednesday at mesh 2007 I found her in one of the conference […]
With the launch of Skype for Salesforce.com last week, I had the opportunity to talk with some of the people behind the launch and learn more about its evolution as a free Salesforce AppExchange offering. Scott Miller, Skype’s Director of Business Development, based in San Jose, pointed out that Skype initially partnered with Salesforce.com back […]
As indicated in previous posts (here and here) I recently completed a ten day European trip to Hanover, Germany for CeBit and returned via London where I visited the Skype offices. But Skype was not the only communications play I explored and employed during this trip. There are other players out there having their own […]
When Skype Vice President Stefan Oberg spoke at VON Canada last year his theme was how Skype’s goal was to be “Better Than a Phone”. To make his point he mentioned how even the simple task of plugging in a headset (often on the rear of a desktop PC or in a laptop docking station) […]
Intuitive Desktop Sharing Application Brining in Over 5,000 Installs Daily WebDialogs has been offering beta versions of its Unyte desktop sharing application for Skype for over six months. However, with the release of Skype 3.0, Unyte has become one of the top downloads from the Extras Gallery resulting in over 5,000 installations daily. Simply doing […]
The highlight of today’s sessions at Voice over the Net Canada was a presentation by Stefan Oberg, General Manager, Skype for Desktop and Skype Hardware. Stefan’s theme built on Alec Saunders’ Voice 2.0 Manifesto by talking about how Skype is working to be “better than a phone”. After reviewing the history of text messaging from […]
Get Email Updates (It’s Free!)
Skype Reference Guide
- Skype Features
- Case Studies
- Skype In Business
- Skype for Business
- Hosted Services
- BlackBerry KEYone – An Security Enhanced Android Phone May 31, 2017
- A Tale of Two BlackBerry’s May 31, 2017
- Returning to Blogging May 30, 2017
- Experience Skype to the Max: 2nd Edition March 17, 2015
- BlackBerry Classic–Beyond The Power of the Keyboard Upgraded December 17, 2014
- FREETALK® Everyman USB Headset for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”! August 14, 2009
- Coming “Real Soon Now”: Skype for iPhone over 3G February 3, 2010
- Skype’s SILK Codec: Working Towards Adoption as a Standard March 11, 2010
- SILK: Skype’s New Audio Codec Sets New Performance Standards for Voice Conversations February 3, 2009
- Skype Everywhere: Nokia and Skype Announce Ongoing Partnership February 17, 2009
- RIM: A Phoenix Emerging from its Ashes | 2 Sides 2 Everything: [...] Courtney writing on his blog (https://voiceo...
- RIM 1 of likely companies to fold next year - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com: [...] however, BB10 is the sign of a rebirth. ...
- “Skype Has Stopped Working”: Another Service Interruption | Voice on the Web: [...] Skype Login Disruption Update: User Friendly...
- Skype With Your Doctor: Risk vs. Reward —C3Social Social Media Consulting Milwaukee & Chicago C3Social: [...] Even with a signed disclaimer for treatment,...
- Whither Skype Extras Today? Withered? | Voice on the Web: [...] the Extras publishers were acquired; for ins...
- Conservatives proving they are losers beyond the election. I want my MP to be able to remain healthy. https://t.co/ll0jD4SCe3 07:13:14 AM October 21, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- ParaOlympics https://t.co/gWBDqIWU8Z 06:54:47 AM October 02, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @pederson_cole @Mikeggibbs It’s on Walker’s Line north of 403. 12:09:51 PM August 13, 2021 from Twitter for iPad in reply to pederson_cole ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @EricaEhm: To be clear, I trust science. I am 100% grateful for vaccines. To all those trying to attack me and my beliefs, you’re wast… 10:52:16 PM July 25, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @CheriDiNovo: YES July 14: Students should be required to be vaccinated as they always have been for measles etc. The only difference is… 11:19:07 AM July 15, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @BogochIsaac: It is now open season for #COVID19 vaccination in Ontario. Everyone 18+ is eligible to book anywhere in the province. Fa… 07:18:45 AM May 18, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- No Tweets Available