Today marked the North American launch of BlackBerry KEYone, the first BlackBerry branded smartphone sold and marketed by BlackBerry Mobile, a subsidiary of TCL Communication. BlackBerry KEYone is built by TCL Communication, incorporating several hardware features and software applications under license from BlackBerry. The former leverages Blackberry’s legacy hardware patents, such as for the keyboard; […]
Archive | Security and Privacy RSS feed for this section
Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with smartphone innovation. In peace there’s nothing so becomes a mobile As modest stillness and humility: But when the blast of war blows in our ears, Then imitate the action of the hardware keyboard; Stiffen the sinews, summon up innovative formats, […]
Since its launch three weeks ago I have been recruiting BBM Contacts amongst friends and acquaintances who have an iPhone or Android phone. I now have over 20 new contacts on iPhones and Android phones and have established five common interest BBM Groups. But for some it required a more detailed explanation of what BBM […]
Voice conferencing provide Calliflower delivers a new user interface that takes full advantage of WebRTC and the superwideband Opus audio codec to deliver a simple, robust, crystal clear and reliable moderator and participant experience. It’s been over two years since covering Calliflower, a worldwide voice conferencing service which I had frequently been using up to […]
For several years CounterPath has offered softphone clients, initially the free XLite with a limited feature set and later the more scalable, robust, secure and versatile Bria series supporting SIP-based PBX installations. Over the past few years I have covered CounterPath’s Bria softphone client and its evolution across multiple platforms, including iPhone, iPad, Android (phones and tablets) […]
Observations from last week’s BlackBerry Annual General Meeting at the University of Waterloo. I attended, with one of my MBA classmates who is a retired IBM employee, BlackBerry Limited’s Annual General Meeting in Waterloo whose highlights were: Formal approval of the company name change to BlackBerry Limited Formal approval of management’s slate for Board of […]
Warning: this has nothing to do with NSA and the associated debates. During my career I have worked with several high tech companies, as both employers and clients. One common thread is that you build new offerings or modify existing offerings based on performance experiences and opportunities that the previous offerings exposed. Developer toolkits become […]
In the previous post in this series I provided some background behind explaining why I feel BlackBerry 10 will have a successful launch. In this post it’s time to get to the heart of the issue. (Also refer to the video of the BlackBerry 10 demonstration that I received at the recent CES 2013.) One other […]
About two weeks ago Skype announced its participation with Symantec, Adobe and TomTom in International Technology Upgrade week. Backed by a survey of users in the U.S., U.K. and Germany that demonstrated a significant lack of awareness of the importance of software updates, Skype had been explaining why it is important that these software updates […]
Get Email Updates (It’s Free!)
Skype Reference Guide
- Skype Features
- Case Studies
- Skype In Business
- Skype for Business
- Hosted Services
- BlackBerry KEYone – An Security Enhanced Android Phone May 31, 2017
- A Tale of Two BlackBerry’s May 31, 2017
- Returning to Blogging May 30, 2017
- Experience Skype to the Max: 2nd Edition March 17, 2015
- BlackBerry Classic–Beyond The Power of the Keyboard Upgraded December 17, 2014
- FREETALK® Everyman USB Headset for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”! August 14, 2009
- Coming “Real Soon Now”: Skype for iPhone over 3G February 3, 2010
- Skype’s SILK Codec: Working Towards Adoption as a Standard March 11, 2010
- SILK: Skype’s New Audio Codec Sets New Performance Standards for Voice Conversations February 3, 2009
- Skype Everywhere: Nokia and Skype Announce Ongoing Partnership February 17, 2009
- RIM: A Phoenix Emerging from its Ashes | 2 Sides 2 Everything: [...] Courtney writing on his blog (https://voiceo...
- RIM 1 of likely companies to fold next year - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com: [...] however, BB10 is the sign of a rebirth. ...
- “Skype Has Stopped Working”: Another Service Interruption | Voice on the Web: [...] Skype Login Disruption Update: User Friendly...
- Skype With Your Doctor: Risk vs. Reward —C3Social Social Media Consulting Milwaukee & Chicago C3Social: [...] Even with a signed disclaimer for treatment,...
- Whither Skype Extras Today? Withered? | Voice on the Web: [...] the Extras publishers were acquired; for ins...
- Conservatives proving they are losers beyond the election. I want my MP to be able to remain healthy. https://t.co/ll0jD4SCe3 07:13:14 AM October 21, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- ParaOlympics https://t.co/gWBDqIWU8Z 06:54:47 AM October 02, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @pederson_cole @Mikeggibbs It’s on Walker’s Line north of 403. 12:09:51 PM August 13, 2021 from Twitter for iPad in reply to pederson_cole ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @EricaEhm: To be clear, I trust science. I am 100% grateful for vaccines. To all those trying to attack me and my beliefs, you’re wast… 10:52:16 PM July 25, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @CheriDiNovo: YES July 14: Students should be required to be vaccinated as they always have been for measles etc. The only difference is… 11:19:07 AM July 15, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @BogochIsaac: It is now open season for #COVID19 vaccination in Ontario. Everyone 18+ is eligible to book anywhere in the province. Fa… 07:18:45 AM May 18, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- No Tweets Available