Observations from last week’s BlackBerry Annual General Meeting at the University of Waterloo. I attended, with one of my MBA classmates who is a retired IBM employee, BlackBerry Limited’s Annual General Meeting in Waterloo whose highlights were: Formal approval of the company name change to BlackBerry Limited Formal approval of management’s slate for Board of […]
Archive | IP-Based Communications RSS feed for this section
A year ago BlackBerry was ravaged in the media when CEO Thorsten Heins announced one of the toughest business decisions of his CEO role. Basically it was to move out the BlackBerry 10 launch date by one quarter into the first quarter of 2013. He stated at the time that BlackBerry 10 did not have […]
Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more, Or close the wall up with our English dead! In peace, there’s nothing so becomes a man As modest stillness and humility, But when the blast of war blows in our ears, Then imitate the action of the tiger: Stiffen the sinews, conjure up the blood, […]
On February 19, 2013 I received my BlackBerry Z10. As we await the arrival of Friday’s Q1 earnings release, it’s time to reflect and review the impact it has had on my communications and overall computing experiences. In summary it has changed my computing patterns and activities significantly. Update: Due to personal commitments I was […]
Warning: this has nothing to do with NSA and the associated debates. During my career I have worked with several high tech companies, as both employers and clients. One common thread is that you build new offerings or modify existing offerings based on performance experiences and opportunities that the previous offerings exposed. Developer toolkits become […]
In the early part of my career the Telex machine and associated services played a major role in my business communications. When working with a company with operations in Germany and Switzerland, Telex was our “email” of-the-day. Sit down at a clunky QWERTY keyboard and “punch” the message onto a tape (error correction not allowed!). […]
Or, how I saved 35% on patch grass seed using my BlackBerry web browser. Previously I have followed the theme of “Did i say it was fast?” when covering the BlackBerry 10 mobile computing platform. Yesterday this “speed” allowed me to save 35% on a commercial product because the fast HTML5-compliant browser serves as an […]
Join Alec Saunders, vice President of Developer Relations and Ecosystem Development at BlackBerry for a discussion with BlackBerry VoIP app development expert Gurtej Sandhu and Chief Architect of Hookflash, Robin Raymond about supporting theWebRTC platform and the opportunity for developers in voice and communications in mobile. This was the promotional content for yesterday’s weekly VoIP […]
Two weeks ago I was in the midst of BlackBerry’s annual conference, renamed BlackBerry Live to reflect the spirit of rebuilding a brand to its former addictive levels of adoption through an innovative communications and information platform. Some of my lasting impressions: A Positive Energy Overall the event had a positive energy about BlackBerry’s offerings. […]
[Editor’s note: By now you have probably heard about WebRTC, the attempt to develop a standard for incorporating IP-based communications into web browsers. Does it pose a threat to Skype or is it simply a maturing of the Internet infrastructure? Phil Wolff recently made some comments in a Skype Group chat we both follow; I […]
Get Email Updates (It’s Free!)
Skype Reference Guide
- Skype Features
- Case Studies
- Skype In Business
- Skype for Business
- Hosted Services
- BlackBerry KEYone – An Security Enhanced Android Phone May 31, 2017
- A Tale of Two BlackBerry’s May 31, 2017
- Returning to Blogging May 30, 2017
- Experience Skype to the Max: 2nd Edition March 17, 2015
- BlackBerry Classic–Beyond The Power of the Keyboard Upgraded December 17, 2014
- FREETALK® Everyman USB Headset for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”! August 14, 2009
- Coming “Real Soon Now”: Skype for iPhone over 3G February 3, 2010
- Skype’s SILK Codec: Working Towards Adoption as a Standard March 11, 2010
- SILK: Skype’s New Audio Codec Sets New Performance Standards for Voice Conversations February 3, 2009
- Skype Everywhere: Nokia and Skype Announce Ongoing Partnership February 17, 2009
- RIM: A Phoenix Emerging from its Ashes | 2 Sides 2 Everything: [...] Courtney writing on his blog (https://voiceo...
- RIM 1 of likely companies to fold next year - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com: [...] however, BB10 is the sign of a rebirth. ...
- “Skype Has Stopped Working”: Another Service Interruption | Voice on the Web: [...] Skype Login Disruption Update: User Friendly...
- Skype With Your Doctor: Risk vs. Reward —C3Social Social Media Consulting Milwaukee & Chicago C3Social: [...] Even with a signed disclaimer for treatment,...
- Whither Skype Extras Today? Withered? | Voice on the Web: [...] the Extras publishers were acquired; for ins...
- RT @EricaEhm: To be clear, I trust science. I am 100% grateful for vaccines. To all those trying to attack me and my beliefs, you’re wast… 11:52:16 PM July 25, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @CheriDiNovo: YES July 14: Students should be required to be vaccinated as they always have been for measles etc. The only difference is… 12:19:07 PM July 15, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @BogochIsaac: It is now open season for #COVID19 vaccination in Ontario. Everyone 18+ is eligible to book anywhere in the province. Fa… 08:18:45 AM May 18, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Go for it! https://t.co/Zte4xDYu4m 07:21:51 PM February 09, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @JeffreyLuscombe The Leafs have not won the Stanley Cup since Tim Horton left the Leafs after winning four Stanley… https://t.co/sVckRtZqhl 07:19:21 PM February 09, 2021 from Twitter for iPad in reply to JeffreyLuscombe ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @danyork Be careful. Talking on a real phone call will eat up your time! 06:27:30 PM February 06, 2021 from Twitter for iPad in reply to danyork ReplyRetweetFavorite
- No Tweets Available