Ok so I’m the last to write about Google’s announcement this morning on its acquisition of Global IP Solutions, a major provider of IP-based communications infrastructure with not only its voice and video codecs but also voice and video engines that mean simply “supply me with an Internet connection, a microphone and a set of […]
Tag Archives | Voice Engine
So why would Skype announce support for, and In Store Solutions develop and launch, the FREETALK® Everyman headset in a seemingly crowded market? Let’s step back a bit and look at some issues related to headsets: Skype’s research has found that a Skype user’s “end point” configuration is one of the main contributors to churn. […]
As the supplier of a key element in delivering voice-enabled solutions, Global IP Solutions’ activities provide a window into the world of voice- and video-enabled applications and IP-based communications beyond the Skype ecosystem. The GIPS Voice Engine contains API’s that allow a service provider or application publisher to readily incorporate robust, reliable, high quality voice […]
Last week Skype announced that their new superwideband SILK voice codec would be made available royalty-free to any vendor who wants to incorporate it into their calling infrastructure. So how does this impact a voice engine supplier such as Global IP Solutions? Very simply Global IP Solutions focuses on selling “engines” – voice engines for […]
At a Skype’s CES 2009 press conference today recently appointed COO Scott Durchslag provided the first hints of a vision statement for Skype under its new executive team along with some initial software offerings that hint at the direction Skype is taking towards “liquid communications” or “Skype Whenever, Wherever”. In leading up to the new […]
This morning Skype released a hotfix upgrade for Skype for Windows 4.0 beta 3 bringing in several new features but most significant is the introduction of a new “super wideband Audio codec; from the Skype Garage blog post linked above: This is our second in-house built audio codec especially designed for calls over the internet […]
Global IP Solutions today announced a white paper on Desktop Video Conferencing, providing a background for their video infrastructure technology that has the potential to make video calling and video conferencing available to a much broader user base beyond Skype’s (even though it is quite large) and SightSpeed. Many of you will recall that Skype’s […]
Skype partner HiDefConferencing enhances their conferencing infrastructure to provide high definition voice for all Skype participants on a call. Skype-to-Skype calls have long been known for their high quality audio; certainly when I am talking to another Skype user using my stereo headset, it sounds like the other party is “inside my head”. To give […]
Get Email Updates (It’s Free!)
Skype Reference Guide
- Skype Features
- Case Studies
- Skype In Business
- Skype for Business
- Hosted Services
- BlackBerry KEYone – An Security Enhanced Android Phone May 31, 2017
- A Tale of Two BlackBerry’s May 31, 2017
- Returning to Blogging May 30, 2017
- Experience Skype to the Max: 2nd Edition March 17, 2015
- BlackBerry Classic–Beyond The Power of the Keyboard Upgraded December 17, 2014
- FREETALK® Everyman USB Headset for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”! August 14, 2009
- Coming “Real Soon Now”: Skype for iPhone over 3G February 3, 2010
- Skype’s SILK Codec: Working Towards Adoption as a Standard March 11, 2010
- SILK: Skype’s New Audio Codec Sets New Performance Standards for Voice Conversations February 3, 2009
- Skype Everywhere: Nokia and Skype Announce Ongoing Partnership February 17, 2009
- RIM: A Phoenix Emerging from its Ashes | 2 Sides 2 Everything: [...] Courtney writing on his blog (http://voiceon...
- RIM 1 of likely companies to fold next year - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com: [...] however, BB10 is the sign of a rebirth. ...
- “Skype Has Stopped Working”: Another Service Interruption | Voice on the Web: [...] Skype Login Disruption Update: User Friendly...
- Skype With Your Doctor: Risk vs. Reward —C3Social Social Media Consulting Milwaukee & Chicago C3Social: [...] Even with a signed disclaimer for treatment,...
- Whither Skype Extras Today? Withered? | Voice on the Web: [...] the Extras publishers were acquired; for ins...
- No Tweets Available
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/9japvFk46g Thanks to @CFL @DougonIPComm @robyndoolittle #ai #toronto about 23 hours ago from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/Wi2e2lmUHJ Thanks to @TalkingPointz @PrecipiceDesign #cybersecurity #feedly 04:54:23 AM July 20, 2018 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/R10AdP2YpE Thanks to @jaanus @Podnews @MesterRobb #economy #ai 04:54:26 AM July 19, 2018 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/5ODz45MU04 Thanks to @cbcsports @blogTO #cloud #healthcare 04:54:28 AM July 18, 2018 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Where to buy the BlackBerry KEY2 - If you're looking to pick up a KEY2 of your own in your area, be sure to check t… https://t.co/lJbdnR2QFk 02:43:17 PM July 17, 2018 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/XTysWowR6b Thanks to @rhh @terrawinston @trentjohnsen #marketing #ai 04:54:27 AM July 17, 2018 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite