Seems to be the fad. Recently PamFax for Android was updated to support tablet-size screens. Today Skype released Skype 3.0 for Android with several new features: Login via Microsoft Account IM with Windows Live Messenger contacts Superwideband SILK audio codec support Call auto-answer option and the most visible: New user interface for Android tablets. I […]
Tag Archives | tablet
I have multiple tablets – an iPad 1 (upgrade coming), BlackBerry PlayBook and a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, initially running on Android 3.2 (Honeycomb). I also recently had an experience with the Microsoft Surface. When I went to install a new voice calling application for the Galaxy Tab today, it turns out I needed an […]
Over the past five weeks, since the launch of Playbook OS2.0, I have been using the BlackBerry PlayBook as my primary tablet to see if I can carry on my normal “roaming” activities. This comes after a year of using an original iPad, which I have found to be the equivalent of an “electronic briefcase”. […]
About 20 years ago I was managing the Canadian operation of Quarterdeck, publisher of the very popular QEMM-386 memory manager for DOS. During that period Microsoft decided they needed to upgrade DOS to include some memory management features in DOS 5 and later DOS 6. Somehow the genius developer team at Quarterdeck always managed to […]
Toronto has always had this “peskily convenient” second airport, on an island in Lake Ontario a few meters from Toronto’s waterfront. Political wars have been waged over its commercial operations; endorsement for building the short bridge to the island changed the direction of a mayoral campaign a few years back (ca. 2004). So passengers must […]
Following up on last week’s two posts that coincided with the launch of the BlackBerry Playbook, iPad Competitor? and Infrastructure for New User Experiences, along with learnings from a recent Mobile Monday presentation on developer opportunities, this post will attempt to anticipate an example of the new user experiences that could result from the the […]
Yesterday I wrote about coverage of the BlackBerry PlayBook launch, partially inspired by three pages of coverage in last weekend’s Globe and Mail Report on Business. But I left with the question of whether competitive comparisons with the iPad are valid or can the PlayBook provide new market directions for tablets. Certainly on content and […]
Over the past week we have been hearing rumors about a BlackBerry tablet offering; they came true yesterday – the only surprise being the tablet’s name – with RIM’s announcement, at their Devcon 2010, of BlackBerry Playbook. Having followed RIM for over twelve years and watched the “Sneak Preview” video, BlackBerry Playbook combines both their […]
Get Email Updates (It’s Free!)
Skype Reference Guide
- Skype Features
- Case Studies
- Skype In Business
- Skype for Business
- Hosted Services
- BlackBerry KEYone – An Security Enhanced Android Phone May 31, 2017
- A Tale of Two BlackBerry’s May 31, 2017
- Returning to Blogging May 30, 2017
- Experience Skype to the Max: 2nd Edition March 17, 2015
- BlackBerry Classic–Beyond The Power of the Keyboard Upgraded December 17, 2014
- FREETALK® Everyman USB Headset for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”! August 14, 2009
- Coming “Real Soon Now”: Skype for iPhone over 3G February 3, 2010
- Skype’s SILK Codec: Working Towards Adoption as a Standard March 11, 2010
- SILK: Skype’s New Audio Codec Sets New Performance Standards for Voice Conversations February 3, 2009
- Skype Everywhere: Nokia and Skype Announce Ongoing Partnership February 17, 2009
- RIM: A Phoenix Emerging from its Ashes | 2 Sides 2 Everything: [...] Courtney writing on his blog (http://voiceon...
- RIM 1 of likely companies to fold next year - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com: [...] however, BB10 is the sign of a rebirth. ...
- “Skype Has Stopped Working”: Another Service Interruption | Voice on the Web: [...] Skype Login Disruption Update: User Friendly...
- Skype With Your Doctor: Risk vs. Reward —C3Social Social Media Consulting Milwaukee & Chicago C3Social: [...] Even with a signed disclaimer for treatment,...
- Whither Skype Extras Today? Withered? | Voice on the Web: [...] the Extras publishers were acquired; for ins...
- No Tweets Available
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/bzR5fRwMd6 #security #cybersecurity about 14 hours ago from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @BruceAHeyman: Missing #Canada https://t.co/IMQZBny2Mi 07:43:20 AM April 19, 2018 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/y27ZEQ3Q2N Thanks to @rhh @TodayCrypto @fastdavide #iot #cdnpoli 04:53:24 AM April 19, 2018 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/FKxHMNrZXb Thanks to @tron @trentjohnsen #toronto #cybersecurity 04:53:24 AM April 18, 2018 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/ijSr143UQr Thanks to @vassko #iot #ai 04:53:27 AM April 17, 2018 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/JX69cwJRke Thanks to @andi_fisher @actiontec @katepurchase #toronto #ai 04:53:23 AM April 16, 2018 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite