Yesterday Phil Wolff at Skype Journal brought our attention to an “infographic” (link removed due no access to Skype Journal) from the financial due diligence-minded Credit Score Blog for Focus.com. It attempts to provide a history of Skype both from the technology and financial performance perspectives. But, in addition to Phil’s Quibbles, I have found some […]
Tag Archives | strategy
When an acquisition occurs, it’s always a good sign to see that the acquiring CEO is getting around to meet all the employees of the acquired company. When major announcements were being made at my last employer, our first priority was to make sure the employees understood what was being announced, the reasoning behind the […]
Following up on Tuesday’s announcement, where many questioned the valuation placed on Skype by Microsoft, Ben Horowitz of Andreeson Horowitz, one of Skype’s investors in the “Silver Lake round” a year ago November, provides some interesting insight into what Andreeson Horotwitz had seen when they made that initial investment 18 months ago. And these insights […]
With today’s announcement of Microsoft’s intention to acquire Skype, subject to regulatory approvals, Skype has received the endorsement required to be considered a long term, viable and stable service addressing both consumer and enterprise markets. From the press conference and press release: Skype will continue as a brand and an independent business unit within Microsoft. […]
For Mac devotees worldwide there has developed a significant appreciation of Skype for Mac 2.8 with it’s drawers, separate chat conversations windows, contact management algorithms and other features that present a “Mac-like” user interface. It provided both ease-of-use and flexibility across the spectrum of new to advanced users. However, there have also been cries for […]
Cross-published guest post by Phil Wolff, Editor and Publisher, Skype Journal. Phil’s interview with Tony provides significant background about what Tony brings to Skype as both his technology expertise and business management experience, the four key values that are the foundation for his leadership focus during his first year as Skype CEO and where he […]
The opening day of CES 2011 was a banner day for Skype announcements and activity. It started with a morning press conference where new Skype CEO Tony Bates built his message around the themes of “Universal, Useful. Wonderful”: He covered recent Skype activity and accomplishments: From the recent Skype outage, they learned much about Skype’s […]
When I interviewed Skype CEO Josh Silverman at CES 2010 in January, I had asked about the timing for a Skype IPO. Josh’s response: “We’ll see. We don’t have a timeline for it. Our focus is to build a really great company. When we’re ready and the markets are ready, we’ll consider an IPO. At […]
This morning, at the CEA Line Show in New York, Skype is taking the first step in the evolution of its revamped developer platform with the beta release of SkypeKit, “empowering consumer electronic and desktop software innovators to embed Skype into their products”. In summary: Most importantly, SkypeKit allows developers to embed all the functionality […]
Ok so I’m the last to write about Google’s announcement this morning on its acquisition of Global IP Solutions, a major provider of IP-based communications infrastructure with not only its voice and video codecs but also voice and video engines that mean simply “supply me with an Internet connection, a microphone and a set of […]
Get Email Updates (It’s Free!)
Skype Reference Guide
- Skype Features
- Case Studies
- Skype In Business
- Skype for Business
- Hosted Services
- BlackBerry KEYone – An Security Enhanced Android Phone May 31, 2017
- A Tale of Two BlackBerry’s May 31, 2017
- Returning to Blogging May 30, 2017
- Experience Skype to the Max: 2nd Edition March 17, 2015
- BlackBerry Classic–Beyond The Power of the Keyboard Upgraded December 17, 2014
- FREETALK® Everyman USB Headset for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”! August 14, 2009
- Coming “Real Soon Now”: Skype for iPhone over 3G February 3, 2010
- Skype’s SILK Codec: Working Towards Adoption as a Standard March 11, 2010
- SILK: Skype’s New Audio Codec Sets New Performance Standards for Voice Conversations February 3, 2009
- Skype Everywhere: Nokia and Skype Announce Ongoing Partnership February 17, 2009
- RIM: A Phoenix Emerging from its Ashes | 2 Sides 2 Everything: [...] Courtney writing on his blog (http://voiceon...
- RIM 1 of likely companies to fold next year - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com: [...] however, BB10 is the sign of a rebirth. ...
- “Skype Has Stopped Working”: Another Service Interruption | Voice on the Web: [...] Skype Login Disruption Update: User Friendly...
- Skype With Your Doctor: Risk vs. Reward —C3Social Social Media Consulting Milwaukee & Chicago C3Social: [...] Even with a signed disclaimer for treatment,...
- Whither Skype Extras Today? Withered? | Voice on the Web: [...] the Extras publishers were acquired; for ins...
- No Tweets Available
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/9japvFk46g Thanks to @CFL @DougonIPComm @robyndoolittle #ai #toronto about 23 hours ago from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/Wi2e2lmUHJ Thanks to @TalkingPointz @PrecipiceDesign #cybersecurity #feedly 04:54:23 AM July 20, 2018 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/R10AdP2YpE Thanks to @jaanus @Podnews @MesterRobb #economy #ai 04:54:26 AM July 19, 2018 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/5ODz45MU04 Thanks to @cbcsports @blogTO #cloud #healthcare 04:54:28 AM July 18, 2018 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Where to buy the BlackBerry KEY2 - If you're looking to pick up a KEY2 of your own in your area, be sure to check t… https://t.co/lJbdnR2QFk 02:43:17 PM July 17, 2018 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/XTysWowR6b Thanks to @rhh @terrawinston @trentjohnsen #marketing #ai 04:54:27 AM July 17, 2018 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite