While attending eComm 2010 three weeks ago I was honored to be asked to join six other bloggers in providing weekly posts to Voyces.com, a blog that provides opinion, insight and perspective on developments in the IP-based and mobile communications space. The initial two posts: Has “Social Sharing” Become the “Nom du Jour”? provides a […]
Tag Archives | Social Networking
Over the past two years I have been occasionally reporting on Tungle, the meeting accelerator that facilitates scheduling meetings and conference calls. Tungle’s goals as a service are: bring down barriers, such as different calendar programs, between companies and work teams share availability (Busy/Free status only) respect privacy and user control In summary Tungle wants […]
At his eComm America 2010 keynote presentation Monday morning, Skype’s recently appointed Chief Technology Strategist Jonathan Rosenberg provided his perspective on where Skype can introduce real time communications into “social sharing” activities. Positioning the current state of social networking as personal broadcasting where a Twitter or Facebook message “broadcasts” your information out to a selected […]
Over the past six weeks I have attended four local social media and technology events – a PodCamp, a monthly social networking seminar, an annual project management ski day and WordCamp Toronto 2010. At each I was able to bring along a few Skype Everyman headsets to be given away as prizes. Prior to selecting […]
Yesterday’s post, SocialScope: for a Complete, But Managed, Twitter Experience, outlines why I have found SocialScope to be the most complete Twitter client on any platform offered to date. But it only runs on BlackBerry. Why? A recent interview with Ubiquitous Systems CEO Amit Kumar provided the answers. As their initial goal the Ubiquitous team […]
When it comes to organizing and following my Twitter activity, I have found that SocialScope – currently in a closed beta and only available on BlackBerry – provides the most complete and most satisfying Twitter user experience. A recent interview with Ubiquitous Systems CEO Amit Kumar provided some additional background on how SocialScope evolved and […]
Tomorrow morning I’ll be heading out to San Francisco for eComm 2009. Kudos to organizer Lee Dryburgh, who on his own initiative and at his own personal risk, launched this event last year. Late last week Lee was able to announce that registrations had surpassed last year’s attendance. Attendees should come away with not only […]
An acquaintance’s selection of BlackBerry Bold, based largely on Twitter message exchanges, has resulted in not only a few informative posts but also an avalanche of almost daily Tweets responding to individuals seeking a recommendation for a smartphone. When I traveled to IT Expo and Mobilize last September I was in the unique position of […]
Over the past eighteen months CalliFlower has evolved into a complete audio conference call service. While they still offer a basic free service, in January they launched a premium service that provides document sharing, local calling numbers in North America, Europe and Australia as well as a feature that allows administrators to set up, but […]
Get Email Updates (It’s Free!)
Skype Reference Guide
- Skype Features
- Case Studies
- Skype In Business
- Skype for Business
- Hosted Services
- BlackBerry KEYone – An Security Enhanced Android Phone May 31, 2017
- A Tale of Two BlackBerry’s May 31, 2017
- Returning to Blogging May 30, 2017
- Experience Skype to the Max: 2nd Edition March 17, 2015
- BlackBerry Classic–Beyond The Power of the Keyboard Upgraded December 17, 2014
- FREETALK® Everyman USB Headset for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”! August 14, 2009
- Coming “Real Soon Now”: Skype for iPhone over 3G February 3, 2010
- Skype’s SILK Codec: Working Towards Adoption as a Standard March 11, 2010
- SILK: Skype’s New Audio Codec Sets New Performance Standards for Voice Conversations February 3, 2009
- Skype Everywhere: Nokia and Skype Announce Ongoing Partnership February 17, 2009
- RIM: A Phoenix Emerging from its Ashes | 2 Sides 2 Everything: [...] Courtney writing on his blog (http://voiceon...
- RIM 1 of likely companies to fold next year - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com: [...] however, BB10 is the sign of a rebirth. ...
- “Skype Has Stopped Working”: Another Service Interruption | Voice on the Web: [...] Skype Login Disruption Update: User Friendly...
- Skype With Your Doctor: Risk vs. Reward —C3Social Social Media Consulting Milwaukee & Chicago C3Social: [...] Even with a signed disclaimer for treatment,...
- Whither Skype Extras Today? Withered? | Voice on the Web: [...] the Extras publishers were acquired; for ins...
- No Tweets Available
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/tAnuSLtEQH Thanks to @Metrolinx @jt_teran @suzannebowen #iot #ai about 11 hours ago from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/jCwn17IZNV Thanks to @trentjohnsen @DialogTech @karinvogel #marketing #ai 04:53:20 AM November 20, 2017 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/RknzSG44G1 Thanks to @jonathanlevitt @WesleyWilson #iot #technology 04:53:23 AM November 19, 2017 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/245pE4do0K Thanks to @GOtransitLW @robmanne @CQualtro #business #ai 04:53:24 AM November 18, 2017 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/MyZjVgWOjt Thanks to @jebbrilliant @cwalker123 @Steve_Goble #ai #fintech 04:53:20 AM November 17, 2017 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/d3dcKOlpTn Thanks to @SanvadaNews @churley #ai #iot 04:53:35 AM November 16, 2017 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite