TelyHD not only sets a new low price point for implementing Skype for TV; it offers excellent quality call performance and, with its Android foundation, has the potential to become a major platform for other TV-appropriate applications. As mentioned in my review of Skype for TV at CES 2012, Tely Labs was giving the first […]
Tag Archives | Skype video
Since the fall 2009 release of its VodBurner Skype video call recording software the Netralia team has offered the ability to record, edit and upload or publish Skype video calls. Their challenge has been to keep up to the ensuing enhancements in Skype video calling: from VGA resolution at 30 frames per second (“fps”) to […]
Over the past week I have been checking out some interesting new activities involving Skype video. I wrote about my experience with the Logitech HD Pro C920 and there are at least two more posts coming next week involving new experiences with Skype HD video calling. Video calling has always had its own inhibitions and […]
From the time just over four years ago when Skype introduced High Quality Video at VGA (640 x 480) resolution and 30 frames per second (“fps” or “frame rate”) I have had the opportunity to test many webcams for Skype Video calling. In the fall of 2010 I reported on the launch of HD Video […]
The Consumer Electronics Show is the industry’s largest international gathering that tends to take over Las Vegas for four days. Skype at CES 2012 is rather low key this year with no press announcements, a small “open air” Skype Lounge in the Central Plaza in front of the Las Vegas Convention Center and a kiosk […]
Last night at ShowStopper at CES 2012 Logitech was demonstrating its newly announced HD Pro Webcam C920; it sets some new performance standards that open up a much larger market for HD video on Skype: the first Skype-certified webcam to deliver 1080p video the minimum required upload speed is 1 Mpbs dual stereo microphones It […]
Today marks the 8th anniversary of Skype’s launch as a free voice calling and instant messaging service running on Windows PC’s. Within the first month Skype had over 500,000 users; today Skype can boast of 170 million active users with as many as 30 million users online concurrently. Skype’s Jennifer Caulkin, in her post, Celebrating […]
Great video quality on trial call; however, battery life issues continue to dog Skype on mobile smartphones. Yesterday Skype announced the release of Skype for Android 2.0 introducing two-way video calling and SMS messaging into the Skype for Android feature set. It also introduces a new user interface running on phones with Android 2.3 or […]
Yesterday came the first firm indications of the imminent arrival of Skype for iPad. It’s been hotly sought out in Google searches and Skype users have long regarded Skype for iPhone as somewhat pathetic when running on an iPad, especially in 2x mode. With the iPad’s much larger display and, with iPad 2, its video […]
When I’m in my home office I’m often tuned to Toronto’s Classic 96.3 FM which has become a classical radio station success story in southern Ontario. About six weeks ago on a Friday afternoon I picked up the last half of Alexa Petrenko’s interview with opera tenor Lawrence Brownlee who, at the time, was performing […]
Get Email Updates (It’s Free!)
Skype Reference Guide
- Skype Features
- Case Studies
- Skype In Business
- Skype for Business
- Hosted Services
- BlackBerry KEYone – An Security Enhanced Android Phone May 31, 2017
- A Tale of Two BlackBerry’s May 31, 2017
- Returning to Blogging May 30, 2017
- Experience Skype to the Max: 2nd Edition March 17, 2015
- BlackBerry Classic–Beyond The Power of the Keyboard Upgraded December 17, 2014
- FREETALK® Everyman USB Headset for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”! August 14, 2009
- Coming “Real Soon Now”: Skype for iPhone over 3G February 3, 2010
- Skype’s SILK Codec: Working Towards Adoption as a Standard March 11, 2010
- SILK: Skype’s New Audio Codec Sets New Performance Standards for Voice Conversations February 3, 2009
- Skype Everywhere: Nokia and Skype Announce Ongoing Partnership February 17, 2009
- RIM: A Phoenix Emerging from its Ashes | 2 Sides 2 Everything: [...] Courtney writing on his blog (http://voiceon...
- RIM 1 of likely companies to fold next year - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com: [...] however, BB10 is the sign of a rebirth. ...
- “Skype Has Stopped Working”: Another Service Interruption | Voice on the Web: [...] Skype Login Disruption Update: User Friendly...
- Skype With Your Doctor: Risk vs. Reward —C3Social Social Media Consulting Milwaukee & Chicago C3Social: [...] Even with a signed disclaimer for treatment,...
- Whither Skype Extras Today? Withered? | Voice on the Web: [...] the Extras publishers were acquired; for ins...
- No Tweets Available
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/5IH5dQaqxG Thanks to @CFL @runcamille #toronto #blockchain about 3 hours ago from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/zXLXcvRjki Thanks to @crp_amman @autocarpro @MyLibertyShield #ai #marketing 04:53:21 AM January 17, 2018 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/k2x2hmtoyY Thanks to @actiontec @DougonIPComm @rajeevkugan #blockchain #iot 04:53:25 AM January 16, 2018 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/G7E0dxOmkG Thanks to @Alan_Quayle #ai #toronto 04:53:43 AM January 15, 2018 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/ndVfPsZcvW Thanks to @datachick #ai #toronto 04:53:41 AM January 14, 2018 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/g6jcy7SXfp Thanks to @CommLead #ai #ces2018 04:53:24 AM January 13, 2018 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite