So why has the widget in the Voice On The Web sidebar changed recently? August 2012 and I self-published Experience Skype to the Max, an Amazon eBook that pulled together all my experience of the previous six years using, and blogging about, Skype as my primary real time communications application on PC’s and mobile devices […]
Tag Archives | Skype video
One announcement during last week’s BlackBerry Live keynote was the availability of BlackBerry 10.1 for the BlackBerry Z10. Which also meant that Skype for BlackBerry 10.1 (Preview), previously available on the Q10, became available for the BlackBerry Z10. I had been testing it out on my Z10 for the previous couple of weeks and basically […]
In today’s office, several items may occupy our physical desktop – a computer display (or two or three) and keyboard, writing tools, a blotter pad, a few books, a papers organizer, a radio and … a communications device (traditionally known as a “phone”). But with today’s Internet-enabled communications it’s feasible to want that communications device […]
The Grey Cup is the ultimate award for winning the Canadian Football League’s championship game. With two conferences (East and West), each of the eight teams play 18 games from July to November, followed by three weekends of playoffs, ending with the Grey Cup game on the last weekend of November. The games itself climaxes […]
Today yesterday’s rumor was confirmed that Microsoft will close down Windows Live Messenger in Q1, 2013 and migrate the 100 million active accounts over to Skype. In a Skype Big Blog post, Skype President Tony Bates comments: Our goal remains to deliver the best communications experience for everyone, everywhere. We want to focus our efforts […]
Last week Skype released Skype 5.11 for Windows – beta and Skype 5.11 for Mac – beta. And the key word here is “beta”. But it starts to give a picture of how Microsoft intends to integrate Skype into its offerings, especially as Microsoft approaches the launch later this year of Windows 8, Office 2013 […]
While we have not seen much recently in the way of new releases and other activity from Skype itself there have been some interesting reports about innovative solutions using Skype to overcome both short and long distance geographical challenges. (Somehow I have a feelingsSkype is going through the process of Microsoft product integration – which is not exactly […]
Introducing Experience Skype to the Max – a comprehensive guide to enriching your Skype experience. I’ve been covering Skype via Skype Journal and Voice On The Web for over six years. I first experienced IP-based communications back in 1995-96 when I watched engineers at my employer of the day struggle to make voice calls work […]
Over the past couple of months I have seen several tweets complaining that Skype’s screen sharing was no longer free – including screen sharing between the two parties on a 1:1 call. Not true. With Skype 5.10 for Windows and Skype 5.8 for Mac some messaging was added or modified to help users clarify the […]
Over the past several months Toronto has been the focal point for the journey of 21-year-old double lung transplant recipient Hélène Campbell who has created amazing awareness of organ donations not only across Canada but around the world. Her breakthrough came when her situation was tweeted last winter by Justin Bieber and then her subsequent appearance […]
Get Email Updates (It’s Free!)
Skype Reference Guide
- Skype Features
- Case Studies
- Skype In Business
- Skype for Business
- Hosted Services
- BlackBerry KEYone – An Security Enhanced Android Phone May 31, 2017
- A Tale of Two BlackBerry’s May 31, 2017
- Returning to Blogging May 30, 2017
- Experience Skype to the Max: 2nd Edition March 17, 2015
- BlackBerry Classic–Beyond The Power of the Keyboard Upgraded December 17, 2014
- FREETALK® Everyman USB Headset for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”! August 14, 2009
- Coming “Real Soon Now”: Skype for iPhone over 3G February 3, 2010
- Skype’s SILK Codec: Working Towards Adoption as a Standard March 11, 2010
- SILK: Skype’s New Audio Codec Sets New Performance Standards for Voice Conversations February 3, 2009
- Skype Everywhere: Nokia and Skype Announce Ongoing Partnership February 17, 2009
- RIM: A Phoenix Emerging from its Ashes | 2 Sides 2 Everything: [...] Courtney writing on his blog (http://voiceon...
- RIM 1 of likely companies to fold next year - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com: [...] however, BB10 is the sign of a rebirth. ...
- “Skype Has Stopped Working”: Another Service Interruption | Voice on the Web: [...] Skype Login Disruption Update: User Friendly...
- Skype With Your Doctor: Risk vs. Reward —C3Social Social Media Consulting Milwaukee & Chicago C3Social: [...] Even with a signed disclaimer for treatment,...
- Whither Skype Extras Today? Withered? | Voice on the Web: [...] the Extras publishers were acquired; for ins...
- No Tweets Available
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/Al0XjVT09J Thanks to @trentjohnsen @BlackBerry_NZ @jamiehunter #cybersecurity #canada about 10 hours ago from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/3ZBpxNrDw4 Thanks to @mjgraves @MarcKBoucher #canada #business 04:57:16 AM January 17, 2020 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/79Bt3d3NAC Thanks to @shaiberger @uoftalumni @CharlieSierra24 #toronto #cloud 04:57:21 AM January 16, 2020 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/0pFHwZjVV4 Thanks to @trentjohnsen @DougonIPComm @gamesbids #toronto #demdebate 04:57:19 AM January 15, 2020 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/ejlw6ddxIX Thanks to @uoftengineering @KrisReyes @craigritchie #nrf2020 #canada 04:57:58 AM January 14, 2020 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/QL0xVIgSmN Thanks to @DougonIPComm @timothywindsor #nrf2020 #ces2020 04:57:23 AM January 13, 2020 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite