Skype launches a Canadian Skype store customized to the Canadian market. When Skype began working with hardware vendor partners a few years ago, it also realized there was an opportunity for revenue generation by hosting a store where a Skype user could purchase Skype Certified headsets, phones and webcams. However, it also quickly became apparent […]
Tag Archives | Skype Hardware
In my post, “FREETALK® Everyman for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”!, outlining the background leading to the production of this headset, I mentioned that the most important feature of any headset is the user experience. But reporting on the user experience has to rely on feedback from a cross section of independent evaluators who can […]
So why would Skype announce support for, and In Store Solutions develop and launch, the FREETALK® Everyman headset in a seemingly crowded market? Let’s step back a bit and look at some issues related to headsets: Skype’s research has found that a Skype user’s “end point” configuration is one of the main contributors to churn. […]
Note: Denali InterConneXions, publisher of Voice On The Web, has taken on In Store Solutions as a business development client; see the more complete disclosure at the end of this post. Over my three years of following Skype as a blogger there have been many ups and downs in the availability of Skype Certified hardware. […]
I follow several forums about Skype, for instance at LinkedIn and on eCademy. Recently I have noticed a thread on the LinkedIn Skype for Business Group asking about using Skype without a PC. While eventually I intend to have more detailed information in response to such a question in the reference content on this site, […]
VoIP Pioneer Tom Evslin articulates the Skype HD Voice experience. One of the last sessions I attended at Fall VON was on the topic of HD Voice where several presenters talked about various means to achieve much higher quality voice conversations. Several examples were given about how HD Voice, with its much higher bandwidth, actually […]
Philips, Sony, IPEVO, Nokia, Belkin, Intel MID demonstrating Skype-enabled hardware. As outlined in my recent Skype Primer series there are many dimensions to the Skype ecosystem: core real time conversation services, hardware, mobile and partner solutions. At CES we encountered two of these dimensions: Skype itself was promoting the spread of mobile access to Skype, […]
In spite of the recent pricing announcements, Skype has always been known for its free Skype-to-Skype calls. This not only covers calls between two parties who are simply using Skype but also to those parties in a conference call who are on Skype. And international borders do not exist for these calls. Seems like the […]
In a previous post I presented several of the “PC Free” Skype dual mode cordless phones that were announced and/or exhibited at CES 2007. In this post I will cover other Skype appliance hardware that I encountered as I walked the show floor. (Note: click on the slide show to get the complete slide show […]
Combining what was presented at the Skype press conference, vendor and ODM interviews and simply walking the show floor, it became evident that Skype has become “the” brand for VoIP phone hardware. Much like the iPod has done, Skype is rapidly developing an ecosystem of partners who are eager to trade on Skype’s popularity. While […]
Get Email Updates (It’s Free!)
Skype Reference Guide
- Skype Features
- Case Studies
- Skype In Business
- Skype for Business
- Hosted Services
- BlackBerry KEYone – An Security Enhanced Android Phone May 31, 2017
- A Tale of Two BlackBerry’s May 31, 2017
- Returning to Blogging May 30, 2017
- Experience Skype to the Max: 2nd Edition March 17, 2015
- BlackBerry Classic–Beyond The Power of the Keyboard Upgraded December 17, 2014
- FREETALK® Everyman USB Headset for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”! August 14, 2009
- Coming “Real Soon Now”: Skype for iPhone over 3G February 3, 2010
- Skype’s SILK Codec: Working Towards Adoption as a Standard March 11, 2010
- SILK: Skype’s New Audio Codec Sets New Performance Standards for Voice Conversations February 3, 2009
- Skype Everywhere: Nokia and Skype Announce Ongoing Partnership February 17, 2009
- RIM: A Phoenix Emerging from its Ashes | 2 Sides 2 Everything: [...] Courtney writing on his blog (http://voiceon...
- RIM 1 of likely companies to fold next year - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com: [...] however, BB10 is the sign of a rebirth. ...
- “Skype Has Stopped Working”: Another Service Interruption | Voice on the Web: [...] Skype Login Disruption Update: User Friendly...
- Skype With Your Doctor: Risk vs. Reward —C3Social Social Media Consulting Milwaukee & Chicago C3Social: [...] Even with a signed disclaimer for treatment,...
- Whither Skype Extras Today? Withered? | Voice on the Web: [...] the Extras publishers were acquired; for ins...
- No Tweets Available
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/2PWYhLhjz2 Thanks to @cbcsports @DougonIPComm #toronto #cryptocurrency about 5 hours ago from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/UOrVp2wJZF Thanks to @joshualebowitz @iamhookedontech @janephilpott #ignoreeverybody #cloud 04:54:23 AM June 18, 2018 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Father's Day dinner sans enfants. (@ Terra Cotta Inn in Peel Regional Municipality, ON) https://t.co/xj5pOWpcW5 https://t.co/lXyWYPwB5o 07:00:58 PM June 17, 2018 from Foursquare ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/N9vZVOtBhO Thanks to @PatWallace @JayMMueller @caitlincz #feedly #toronto 04:52:56 AM June 17, 2018 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/VqUIVu1Qy6 Thanks to @trentjohnsen @actiontec @johnbowman #digitalmarketing #iot 04:52:55 AM June 16, 2018 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/wzRZ6sf5ga Thanks to @deancollins #marketing #uoftengineering 04:52:54 AM June 15, 2018 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite