This morning, at the CEA Line Show in New York, Skype is taking the first step in the evolution of its revamped developer platform with the beta release of SkypeKit, “empowering consumer electronic and desktop software innovators to embed Skype into their products”. In summary: Most importantly, SkypeKit allows developers to embed all the functionality […]
Tag Archives | Skype Hardware
Blogger colleague Dan York, Director of Conversations at Voxeo, recently ordered and received a Camera Connection kit for his iPad. In most dramatic fashion Dan shows he can break through Apple’s packaging and demonstrates two ways to transfer photos from his Nikon D90. But wait –that’s not all! Being the geek that he is, he […]
My initial experience with an FreeTalk product was back in December 2007 when I was provided with the FreeTalk Wireless Stereo Headset – Model 5191. I found I was using it continuously for the next couple of years – I could answer the door when Fedex arrived or let the dog out the back door, […]
Over the past week I have been experimenting with two relatively new features that build out the Skype video experience: HD video using the recently released FREETALK® TALK-7140 HD webcam and Skype for Windows 4.2 Skype Group calling using the beta release of Skype for Windows 5.0 FREETALK® TALK-7140 HD Webcam At a price point […]
Seems like Techland reviewer Doug Aamoth finally found a replacement for his vintage keyboard headset (what museum did he borrow that intro headset from?). For an entertaining review of the FREETALK Everyman watch the video: And in his review you’ll find an audio comparison of the audio quality between FREETALK Everyman and another popular headset. […]
At CES 2010 last week In Store Solutions announced they will be adding three webcams to its FREETALK® product line that set new standards for video calling hardware. The primary service goal for these webcams is to support up to 30 frames per second transmission over Internet services available via widely deployed broadband (cable and […]
Since its launch in late July, 2009 tens of thousands of FREETALK Everyman Headsets for Skype have been distributed around the world. Its unique combination of superwideband audio support, flat-fold design and stereo plug adapter to become an iPod, iPhone and/or Blackberry speaker headset have provided a superb listening experience whether taking advantage of Skype’s […]
The DECT 6.0-compliant RTX 3088 Dualphone allows North American consumers to continue to use their legacy PSTN phone service while seamlessly incorporating Skype into their routine “home phone” activities. And it’s one reason why you will see those Skype Mood Messages that say “Using Skype without my computer”. Over the years we have become used […]
Partial disclosure (the full disclosure is at the end): Since receiving Version 1.0 of the FREETALK® Wireless Stereo Headset about two years ago, it has become one of my few “must have” accessories. I’ll try to keep to the descriptive details and let other bloggers comment on their experiences with it. In the fall of […]
Yamaha launches their PSG-01S Microphone Speaker for Skype to be sold via the In Store Solutions shop on the Skype Store. During my recent European trip I had my first ever encounter, after several decades of traveling on Air Canada, with their baggage scales and new weight limits: 23 kg per checked luggage piece and […]
Get Email Updates (It’s Free!)
Skype Reference Guide
- Skype Features
- Case Studies
- Skype In Business
- Skype for Business
- Hosted Services
- BlackBerry KEYone – An Security Enhanced Android Phone May 31, 2017
- A Tale of Two BlackBerry’s May 31, 2017
- Returning to Blogging May 30, 2017
- Experience Skype to the Max: 2nd Edition March 17, 2015
- BlackBerry Classic–Beyond The Power of the Keyboard Upgraded December 17, 2014
- FREETALK® Everyman USB Headset for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”! August 14, 2009
- Coming “Real Soon Now”: Skype for iPhone over 3G February 3, 2010
- Skype’s SILK Codec: Working Towards Adoption as a Standard March 11, 2010
- SILK: Skype’s New Audio Codec Sets New Performance Standards for Voice Conversations February 3, 2009
- Skype Everywhere: Nokia and Skype Announce Ongoing Partnership February 17, 2009
- RIM: A Phoenix Emerging from its Ashes | 2 Sides 2 Everything: [...] Courtney writing on his blog (http://voiceon...
- RIM 1 of likely companies to fold next year - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com: [...] however, BB10 is the sign of a rebirth. ...
- “Skype Has Stopped Working”: Another Service Interruption | Voice on the Web: [...] Skype Login Disruption Update: User Friendly...
- Skype With Your Doctor: Risk vs. Reward —C3Social Social Media Consulting Milwaukee & Chicago C3Social: [...] Even with a signed disclaimer for treatment,...
- Whither Skype Extras Today? Withered? | Voice on the Web: [...] the Extras publishers were acquired; for ins...
- No Tweets Available
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/AWwWWtA2D6 Thanks to @DougonIPComm @RosieMacLennan #marketing #iphone8 about 18 hours ago from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/Pt3zlFmbYD Thanks to @BBMobile @kerryritz #toronto #marketing 04:52:56 AM September 22, 2017 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/zJKOX1rnHB Thanks to @vassko @ComingSoon_Tech #ai #marketing 04:52:54 AM September 21, 2017 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @TTChelps I was heading southbound; lots of cars northbound but about 15-20 minutes wait for a southbound car and f… https://t.co/jU6fbMCHxU 05:06:51 PM September 20, 2017 from Twitter for Android in reply to TTChelps ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @TTChelps standing at Queen there are no southbound streetcars all the way back to the circle above College https://t.co/cE86hUWWEd 04:54:32 PM September 20, 2017 from Twitter for Android in reply to TTChelps ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/5xUa7K2sYd Thanks to @cehoicka @DougonIPComm @BaquePaque #ai #tcdisrupt 04:52:53 AM September 20, 2017 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite