Today Skype announced a “preview” release of Skype for Windows Phone 8. While it appears to have many of the features of Skype for Windows 8 on the Microsoft Surface, there remains one major question: where can I acquire it in Canada? I have searched the three major Canadian wireless carrier sites (Rogers, Telus Mobility […]
Tag Archives | Skype for Windows 8
Over the past few days I have had a Microsoft Surface and checked out Skype for Windows 8 on a touch device. While there was no major issue using Skype for Windows 8 on a legacy screen with mouse navigation, using a touch screen is somewhat more intuitive. While many of the results reported earlier […]
Today yesterday’s rumor was confirmed that Microsoft will close down Windows Live Messenger in Q1, 2013 and migrate the 100 million active accounts over to Skype. In a Skype Big Blog post, Skype President Tony Bates comments: Our goal remains to deliver the best communications experience for everyone, everywhere. We want to focus our efforts […]
When discussing the Microsoft acquisition of Skype in Experience Skype to the Max, I made the statement: The key to the Microsoft acquisition is for Skype to build out its current platform, often working with third party developer partners, while integrating Skype’s software and technology into Microsoft products such as Office (Outlook, especially), Windows Phone, […]
Following @SkypeSupport on Twitter quickly provides an overview of where users are having issues. One of the most accessible features of Skype for Windows Classic is the ability to monitor audio and video settings directly from the client. Prior to a call you can check out microphone, speakers and webcam from the Call Quality Information […]
With the release of Skype for Windows 5.11 beta and Skype for Mac 5.11 beta, we first encountered the ability to log into Skype via a “linked” Microsoft account. Since then Skype has introduced other offerings that make it clear why this merging is becoming necessary, especially with the launch of Skype for Windows 8. […]
Earlier this week Skype announced a “New” Skype for Windows 8; Not Your Skype for Windows “Classic”. Today Skype has launched, coincident with the launch of Microsoft’s new Windows 8 operating system, Skype for Windows 8. It’s the first major Microsoft offering that basically embeds Skype into the entire Windows user experience. Access to Skype’s […]
Two days ago Skype announced Skype for Windows 8– a new Skype for Windows user interface designed from the ground up to offer Skype as essentially an embedded application delivering real time conversations within the Windows 8 user experience. Skype provided a brief overview video: along with some sample screen shots in the announcement post. Basically […]
Get Email Updates (It’s Free!)
Skype Reference Guide
- Skype Features
- Case Studies
- Skype In Business
- Skype for Business
- Hosted Services
- BlackBerry KEYone – An Security Enhanced Android Phone May 31, 2017
- A Tale of Two BlackBerry’s May 31, 2017
- Returning to Blogging May 30, 2017
- Experience Skype to the Max: 2nd Edition March 17, 2015
- BlackBerry Classic–Beyond The Power of the Keyboard Upgraded December 17, 2014
- FREETALK® Everyman USB Headset for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”! August 14, 2009
- Coming “Real Soon Now”: Skype for iPhone over 3G February 3, 2010
- Skype’s SILK Codec: Working Towards Adoption as a Standard March 11, 2010
- SILK: Skype’s New Audio Codec Sets New Performance Standards for Voice Conversations February 3, 2009
- Skype Everywhere: Nokia and Skype Announce Ongoing Partnership February 17, 2009
- RIM: A Phoenix Emerging from its Ashes | 2 Sides 2 Everything: [...] Courtney writing on his blog (http://voiceon...
- RIM 1 of likely companies to fold next year - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com: [...] however, BB10 is the sign of a rebirth. ...
- “Skype Has Stopped Working”: Another Service Interruption | Voice on the Web: [...] Skype Login Disruption Update: User Friendly...
- Skype With Your Doctor: Risk vs. Reward —C3Social Social Media Consulting Milwaukee & Chicago C3Social: [...] Even with a signed disclaimer for treatment,...
- Whither Skype Extras Today? Withered? | Voice on the Web: [...] the Extras publishers were acquired; for ins...
- No Tweets Available
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/Ot1091nuLm Thanks to @BlackBerry #infosec #ransomware about 4 hours ago from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/uJrYA1jtTP Thanks to @Ani1u7 @boardtownblast @rimisback #insecuritypodcast 04:55:21 AM July 09, 2020 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/Rj84AL8n10 Thanks to @BlackBerry @hamadahamada133 @socialchefs 04:55:21 AM July 08, 2020 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/OJsyu6QZpD Thanks to @Pro_Courtesy @hive #rollwithit #edchat 04:55:24 AM July 07, 2020 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @LetitiaMontana: Went into the Emergency Dept. at St Joseph’s Hospital in #Toronto for a suspected broken finger. I was asked to wear a… 11:04:31 AM July 06, 2020 from Twitter Web App ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/0kwazmzOZN 04:55:22 AM July 06, 2020 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite