One of the most helpful features introduced with Skype 5.0 was the Call Bar or Call Navigation Bar that comes up when you launch a call and is accessible during the call. (If it disappears during the call simply “mouse over” the “black background” call area and it will re-appear). Its Call Quality Indicator feature […]
Tag Archives | Skype for Windows 5
Yesterday Skype launched Skype 5.5 beta for Windows whose main feature is deeper Facebook integration. But there were some other changes as well: changed Call Bar and the call control icons improved video calling reliability Changed group conversations profile area design New login window design Added a ability to start video calls via URI addressed […]
Last month’s announcement of Microsoft’s acquisition of Skype certainly triggered speculation, misplaced blame and other conspiracy theories on the blogosphere. It often sounds like a reporter wants to use Microsoft as the most convenient excuse for a post or article. It’s superficial, to say the least. Until Microsoft completes the acquisition, Skype operates as an […]
Two weeks ago in the post, Whither Skype Extras Today? Withered?, I asked for a clarification about the status of Skype Extras. Today Skype announced a HotFix that effectively removes access to Skype Extras although it shows up, greyed out, in the Tools Menu. Go to Help | Check for Upgrades. In Windows Task Manager […]
While visiting relatives a few weeks ago I had the chance to participate in a Skype call with a remote family member. While they were using Skype for Windows, this suggestion applies to Skype for Mac also. Basically both parties had Skype open during a video call when I hear one party say, “I’d like […]
Where have all the Skypers gone? Long time coming back Where have all the Skypers gone, one day ago? Where have all the Skypers gone? Skype crashes have closed them, everyone. Oh, when will they ever come back? Oh, when will they ever come back? Paraphrased with apologies to Pete Seeger. It’s a popular 60’s […]
My plans for this morning were severely interrupted when I attempted to use Skype around 8:00 a.m. (GMT-4) and I got the error message shown on the right. On further investigation it turns out that Skype has had another service meltdown, at least when using Skype for Windows 5.3. Initially I checked my Windows Task […]
If Skype Extras is creating an issue with software bloat through its games partner, Easybits, why do I get a blank Skype Extras window from the Tools | Get Skype Extras menu in Skype for Windows 5.3? In one of its previous lives, ca. 2006, Skype introduced a Partner program where they encouraged third party […]
Yesterday Phil Wolff at Skype Journal brought our attention to an “infographic” (link removed due no access to Skype Journal) from the financial due diligence-minded Credit Score Blog for Focus.com. It attempts to provide a history of Skype both from the technology and financial performance perspectives. But, in addition to Phil’s Quibbles, I have found some […]
For over a year the author has been a keen user of Skype for Windows 5 as a Skype client that has simplicity, yet flexibility. It’s easy to manage contacts, follow conversations, handle video calls as well as archive and search conversation history. Yet, with the release of Skype for Mac 5, there has been […]
Get Email Updates (It’s Free!)
Skype Reference Guide
- Skype Features
- Case Studies
- Skype In Business
- Skype for Business
- Hosted Services
- BlackBerry KEYone – An Security Enhanced Android Phone May 31, 2017
- A Tale of Two BlackBerry’s May 31, 2017
- Returning to Blogging May 30, 2017
- Experience Skype to the Max: 2nd Edition March 17, 2015
- BlackBerry Classic–Beyond The Power of the Keyboard Upgraded December 17, 2014
- FREETALK® Everyman USB Headset for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”! August 14, 2009
- Coming “Real Soon Now”: Skype for iPhone over 3G February 3, 2010
- Skype’s SILK Codec: Working Towards Adoption as a Standard March 11, 2010
- SILK: Skype’s New Audio Codec Sets New Performance Standards for Voice Conversations February 3, 2009
- Skype Everywhere: Nokia and Skype Announce Ongoing Partnership February 17, 2009
- RIM: A Phoenix Emerging from its Ashes | 2 Sides 2 Everything: [...] Courtney writing on his blog (http://voiceon...
- RIM 1 of likely companies to fold next year - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com: [...] however, BB10 is the sign of a rebirth. ...
- “Skype Has Stopped Working”: Another Service Interruption | Voice on the Web: [...] Skype Login Disruption Update: User Friendly...
- Skype With Your Doctor: Risk vs. Reward —C3Social Social Media Consulting Milwaukee & Chicago C3Social: [...] Even with a signed disclaimer for treatment,...
- Whither Skype Extras Today? Withered? | Voice on the Web: [...] the Extras publishers were acquired; for ins...
- No Tweets Available
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/PlVl8a68kT Thanks to @althiaraj @brett7three #wisconsin #foxconn about 9 hours ago from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/tgGpto8hoZ Thanks to @sunnysideup346 #southkorea #travel 04:55:59 AM October 21, 2020 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/StTD0wNPVi Thanks to @datachick #worldseries 04:55:25 AM October 20, 2020 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/GRtzuowGT7 Thanks to @jt_teran 04:55:21 AM October 19, 2020 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/MnvKutehIz Thanks to @RBinhammer #facebook #socialmedia 04:55:25 AM October 18, 2020 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/WA4QJXDQwg #noh8 04:55:26 AM October 17, 2020 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite