Yesterday Skype released Skype 4.2.1 for iPhone and iPad bringing Skype for iPhone and iPad into the world of Microsoft integration as well as addressing some features found on the Skype PC clients. But first, as background, have a look at the statistics reported by Skype Product Marketing Manager, Jonathan Watson: According to recent data […]
Tag Archives | Skype chat
Today yesterday’s rumor was confirmed that Microsoft will close down Windows Live Messenger in Q1, 2013 and migrate the 100 million active accounts over to Skype. In a Skype Big Blog post, Skype President Tony Bates comments: Our goal remains to deliver the best communications experience for everyone, everywhere. We want to focus our efforts […]
When discussing the Microsoft acquisition of Skype in Experience Skype to the Max, I made the statement: The key to the Microsoft acquisition is for Skype to build out its current platform, often working with third party developer partners, while integrating Skype’s software and technology into Microsoft products such as Office (Outlook, especially), Windows Phone, […]
Earlier this week Skype announced a “New” Skype for Windows 8; Not Your Skype for Windows “Classic”. Today Skype has launched, coincident with the launch of Microsoft’s new Windows 8 operating system, Skype for Windows 8. It’s the first major Microsoft offering that basically embeds Skype into the entire Windows user experience. Access to Skype’s […]
Two days ago Skype announced Skype for Windows 8– a new Skype for Windows user interface designed from the ground up to offer Skype as essentially an embedded application delivering real time conversations within the Windows 8 user experience. Skype provided a brief overview video: along with some sample screen shots in the announcement post. Basically […]
Skype for iPad launched two days ago and has become an instant hit at the Apple App Store. In fact, according to AppiAnnie, which tracks sales at online stores, Skype for iPad was #1 download on the Apple App Store in 86 countries on launch day. This lead continued into the next day. This response […]
Yesterday Skype released the “Gold” or “user” version of Skype 5.5 for Windows. Many of the features, including the Facebook integration, were discussed in Skype for Windows 5.5 beta: First Impressions with Facebook Integration and Skype for Windows 5.5 beta: The Call Bar. In the final release these have been enhanced; at the same time […]
Yesterday Skype launched Skype 5.5 beta for Windows whose main feature is deeper Facebook integration. But there were some other changes as well: changed Call Bar and the call control icons improved video calling reliability Changed group conversations profile area design New login window design Added a ability to start video calls via URI addressed […]
While visiting relatives a few weeks ago I had the chance to participate in a Skype call with a remote family member. While they were using Skype for Windows, this suggestion applies to Skype for Mac also. Basically both parties had Skype open during a video call when I hear one party say, “I’d like […]
With today’s announcement of Microsoft’s intention to acquire Skype, subject to regulatory approvals, Skype has received the endorsement required to be considered a long term, viable and stable service addressing both consumer and enterprise markets. From the press conference and press release: Skype will continue as a brand and an independent business unit within Microsoft. […]
Get Email Updates (It’s Free!)
Skype Reference Guide
- Skype Features
- Case Studies
- Skype In Business
- Skype for Business
- Hosted Services
- BlackBerry KEYone – An Security Enhanced Android Phone May 31, 2017
- A Tale of Two BlackBerry’s May 31, 2017
- Returning to Blogging May 30, 2017
- Experience Skype to the Max: 2nd Edition March 17, 2015
- BlackBerry Classic–Beyond The Power of the Keyboard Upgraded December 17, 2014
- FREETALK® Everyman USB Headset for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”! August 14, 2009
- Coming “Real Soon Now”: Skype for iPhone over 3G February 3, 2010
- Skype’s SILK Codec: Working Towards Adoption as a Standard March 11, 2010
- SILK: Skype’s New Audio Codec Sets New Performance Standards for Voice Conversations February 3, 2009
- Skype Everywhere: Nokia and Skype Announce Ongoing Partnership February 17, 2009
- RIM: A Phoenix Emerging from its Ashes | 2 Sides 2 Everything: [...] Courtney writing on his blog (http://voiceon...
- RIM 1 of likely companies to fold next year - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com: [...] however, BB10 is the sign of a rebirth. ...
- “Skype Has Stopped Working”: Another Service Interruption | Voice on the Web: [...] Skype Login Disruption Update: User Friendly...
- Skype With Your Doctor: Risk vs. Reward —C3Social Social Media Consulting Milwaukee & Chicago C3Social: [...] Even with a signed disclaimer for treatment,...
- Whither Skype Extras Today? Withered? | Voice on the Web: [...] the Extras publishers were acquired; for ins...
- No Tweets Available
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/2PWYhLhjz2 Thanks to @cbcsports @DougonIPComm #toronto #cryptocurrency about 3 hours ago from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/UOrVp2wJZF Thanks to @joshualebowitz @iamhookedontech @janephilpott #ignoreeverybody #cloud 04:54:23 AM June 18, 2018 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Father's Day dinner sans enfants. (@ Terra Cotta Inn in Peel Regional Municipality, ON) https://t.co/xj5pOWpcW5 https://t.co/lXyWYPwB5o 07:00:58 PM June 17, 2018 from Foursquare ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/N9vZVOtBhO Thanks to @PatWallace @JayMMueller @caitlincz #feedly #toronto 04:52:56 AM June 17, 2018 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/VqUIVu1Qy6 Thanks to @trentjohnsen @actiontec @johnbowman #digitalmarketing #iot 04:52:55 AM June 16, 2018 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/wzRZ6sf5ga Thanks to @deancollins #marketing #uoftengineering 04:52:54 AM June 15, 2018 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite