Yesterday Skype celebrated its 10th anniversary. Launched August 29, 2003, within a month it had over 500,000 downloads. in some sense it was the confluence of broadband internet infrastructure and the founders’ experience with peer-to-peer architectures that allowed them to be so successful with the launch. Today it brings us chat, voice and video conversations […]
Tag Archives | Skype Business
With today’s announcement of Microsoft’s intention to acquire Skype, subject to regulatory approvals, Skype has received the endorsement required to be considered a long term, viable and stable service addressing both consumer and enterprise markets. From the press conference and press release: Skype will continue as a brand and an independent business unit within Microsoft. […]
While participating in an interview session earlier today at the National Retail Federation’s annual Shop.org summit in Las Vegas, eBay CEO closed off questioning about the pending sale of Skype with “… there’s nothing new on that; this deal’s going to close.” AuctionByte’s Ina Steiner put out this video on her post, eBay CEO: Skype […]
With the announcement of the Skype IPO a few weeks ago we are starting to see the devolution of any previous attempts at Skype – eBay synergy. Yesterday Phil reported on eBay’s removal of Skype voice and chat buttons in eBay listings effective June 10, 2009. My major introduction to Skype personnel and the Skype […]
Yesterday eBay held an analyst event at its San Jose headquarters location with a keynote by eBay CEO John Donahoe followed by presentations by various eBay executives and Skype President Josh Silverman. Josh’s presentation broke a lot of new ground for Skype addressing issues such as: How does Skype generate revenue? What drives Skype’s cost […]
If we go back to our early September interview with Josh Silverman where we discussed “The Way Ahead – Platforms and Partners”, Josh stated in response to our question about addressing ongoing partner communications issues: I take the partner program really seriously and we’re aware that we’ve not invested adequately behind it and want to […]
While doing a broad search through an agency for its new CEO, eBay went internally to announce this morning the appointment of shopping.com CEO Josh Silverman as Skype’s new CEO effective in four weeks (March 24). From the eBay press release: Silverman, currently CEO of Shopping.com, an eBay company, brings more than nine years of […]
Rising like a Phoenix out of the ashes of eTel, Lee Dryburgh has taken the leadership in establishing a new conference that covers the bleeding edge of emerging communications. To be held at the Computer Museum in Mountain View, CA March 12-14, 2008, eComm2008, the Emerging Communications Conference, features sessions led by industry gurus with […]
Guest Post: Hudson Barton is a communicatons consultant whose Borderless Communicator blog not only talks about Skype and related IP communications activity but also attempts to track Skype’s “real usage”. According to his analysis, Skype has just cracked the 30 million real or” currenlty active” user number (based on tracking Users Online vs time-of-day). What […]
Having reflected on Skype’s accomplishments in 2007 and some of the more interesting devices and technologies that have crossed my way, now for my projections for 2008. (In the interest of enhanced objectivity — not that I can be totally objective — I have yet to read Phil’s 37 Sketchy 2008 Skype Predictions or Andy’s […]
Get Email Updates (It’s Free!)
Skype Reference Guide
- Skype Features
- Case Studies
- Skype In Business
- Skype for Business
- Hosted Services
- BlackBerry KEYone – An Security Enhanced Android Phone May 31, 2017
- A Tale of Two BlackBerry’s May 31, 2017
- Returning to Blogging May 30, 2017
- Experience Skype to the Max: 2nd Edition March 17, 2015
- BlackBerry Classic–Beyond The Power of the Keyboard Upgraded December 17, 2014
- FREETALK® Everyman USB Headset for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”! August 14, 2009
- Coming “Real Soon Now”: Skype for iPhone over 3G February 3, 2010
- Skype’s SILK Codec: Working Towards Adoption as a Standard March 11, 2010
- SILK: Skype’s New Audio Codec Sets New Performance Standards for Voice Conversations February 3, 2009
- Skype Everywhere: Nokia and Skype Announce Ongoing Partnership February 17, 2009
- RIM: A Phoenix Emerging from its Ashes | 2 Sides 2 Everything: [...] Courtney writing on his blog (http://voiceon...
- RIM 1 of likely companies to fold next year - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com: [...] however, BB10 is the sign of a rebirth. ...
- “Skype Has Stopped Working”: Another Service Interruption | Voice on the Web: [...] Skype Login Disruption Update: User Friendly...
- Skype With Your Doctor: Risk vs. Reward —C3Social Social Media Consulting Milwaukee & Chicago C3Social: [...] Even with a signed disclaimer for treatment,...
- Whither Skype Extras Today? Withered? | Voice on the Web: [...] the Extras publishers were acquired; for ins...
- No Tweets Available
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/np0NlkuiQx Thanks to @Swadhin_T @CyberStudents @StocksDiscovery #malware about 12 hours ago from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/5Lf44gS12u Thanks to @ObserverFiveG @AtHoc @WeedWarrior1 #securitysolutions #cybersecurity 04:55:24 AM August 08, 2020 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/2UNRZ5hEUu Thanks to @creately #unifiedendpointmanagement #uem 04:55:20 AM August 07, 2020 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/2PJaQOI0bk Thanks to @gekko95 @ITSecurityWire #cybersecurity #hacking 04:55:22 AM August 06, 2020 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/fYA6olAyAx Thanks to @helpnetsecurity @ziaaskari #malwareanalysis #securitysolutions 04:55:22 AM August 05, 2020 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/Ic7CvdEvID Thanks to @dynamicCISO @sdtimes #reverseengineering #girlswhocode 04:55:21 AM August 04, 2020 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite