Yesterday Scendix Software, publishers of Pamela and PamFax, launched a new tool for monitoring Skype activity across a business. A designated administrator can install the small application client across user PC’s on a network; managers can view a portal-based dashboard and customized reports to view chat, voice and video conversation event activity. Think of PamLytics […]
Tag Archives | Scendix
Since its version 1.0 launch in late 2007, PamFax has provided an easy-to-use web-based fax service, that allows you to send faxes worldwide without any hardware requirements. Initially a fax sending service, PamFax 2.0 introduced features such as a Windows print driver, support for Mac and Linux and inbound faxing to a local number in […]
Skype has always been challenged with respect to making its growing feature set available on the most popular operating systems: Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. The major ongoing complaint from Skype users has been features on a new release for one OS that don’t appear on the other OS’s clients that may not be […]
It’s almost two years since the launch of PamFax as a fax sending service that allows anyone with a PC and an Internet connection to send faxes to any fax terminal worldwide at low per page rates. With a simple fax setup and no subscription requirements, PamFax has become a very popular and robust PC-based […]
Over the past two weeks we have started to see signs of a transition period for Skype’s developer support activities. Yes, Skype Extras is dead; however the current Skype API’s remain supported. Jonathan Christensen gave Michael Arrington at TechCrunch some hints of forthcoming developer support activity. Skype for Asterisk was launched three weeks ago. All […]
The recent announcement of Skype’s decision to drop its Skype Extras (marketing) program initially caused much anguish across the blogosphere; however, more sober commentary has been appearing in the past few days. To recall the announcement: Immediately: No new partner programs or upgrades will be placed into the Skype Extras Going forward: Skype Extras will […]
On Friday the Skype Developer Blog posted a blog announcing the end of the Skype Extras program in what amounts to two stages: Immediately: No new partner programs or upgrades will be placed into the Skype Extras Going forward: Skype Extras will remain available via the Skype for Windows client until their certification expires (which […]
A Skype Developer blog post today, The future of Skype Extras, has created confusion and havoc amongst the blogging community that follows Skype (see, for example, the Zemanta links below). Having followed the Skype Developer Program over the past three years (and currently being a commercial user of some of the developers’ offerings) let me […]
PamFax adds a Japanese partner, lowers rates to 13 destination countries and enhances its infrastructure Back in April Scendix launched PamFax 2.0 with many new features outlined in a post at that time. To address some reader feedback and summarize PamNews announcements, it’s appropriate to do an update summary of PamFax’s evolution. First, and most […]
Software developer and publisher PamConsult pioneered third party software development for Skype, having provided the initial German translation of Skype and then launching the first Skype Extra, Pamela in 2005. Two weeks ago PamConsult released Pamela 4.5 for which a review is forthcoming. Their PamFax offering won accolades as the 2007 Skype Partner mashup competition. […]
Get Email Updates (It’s Free!)
Skype Reference Guide
- Skype Features
- Case Studies
- Skype In Business
- Skype for Business
- Hosted Services
- BlackBerry KEYone – An Security Enhanced Android Phone May 31, 2017
- A Tale of Two BlackBerry’s May 31, 2017
- Returning to Blogging May 30, 2017
- Experience Skype to the Max: 2nd Edition March 17, 2015
- BlackBerry Classic–Beyond The Power of the Keyboard Upgraded December 17, 2014
- FREETALK® Everyman USB Headset for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”! August 14, 2009
- Coming “Real Soon Now”: Skype for iPhone over 3G February 3, 2010
- Skype’s SILK Codec: Working Towards Adoption as a Standard March 11, 2010
- SILK: Skype’s New Audio Codec Sets New Performance Standards for Voice Conversations February 3, 2009
- Skype Everywhere: Nokia and Skype Announce Ongoing Partnership February 17, 2009
- RIM: A Phoenix Emerging from its Ashes | 2 Sides 2 Everything: [...] Courtney writing on his blog (http://voiceon...
- RIM 1 of likely companies to fold next year - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com: [...] however, BB10 is the sign of a rebirth. ...
- “Skype Has Stopped Working”: Another Service Interruption | Voice on the Web: [...] Skype Login Disruption Update: User Friendly...
- Skype With Your Doctor: Risk vs. Reward —C3Social Social Media Consulting Milwaukee & Chicago C3Social: [...] Even with a signed disclaimer for treatment,...
- Whither Skype Extras Today? Withered? | Voice on the Web: [...] the Extras publishers were acquired; for ins...
- No Tweets Available
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/2PJaQOI0bk Thanks to @gekko95 @ITSecurityWire #cybersecurity #hacking about 16 hours ago from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/fYA6olAyAx Thanks to @helpnetsecurity @ziaaskari #malwareanalysis #securitysolutions 04:55:22 AM August 05, 2020 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/Ic7CvdEvID Thanks to @dynamicCISO @sdtimes #reverseengineering #girlswhocode 04:55:21 AM August 04, 2020 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/pGuoJbYktF Thanks to @swapnil5979 @function_1st #automotive #cloud 04:55:24 AM August 03, 2020 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/maLekh6Ue0 04:55:21 AM August 02, 2020 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/huvcUAHvtK Thanks to @mat62434 @monsoonfish @YashsWay #uxdesign #videoconferencing 04:55:24 AM August 01, 2020 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite