When I had dinner with RIM’s Alec Saunders last fall, I told him the launch day would be between Jan. 23 and Feb. 1. He asked how I knew. I had just rebooked my vacation tour of Costa Rica that I had to cancel last winter. The next week January 30 was announced as the […]
Tag Archives | RIM
In previous posts in this series I have provided some background and discussed the many features of BlackBerry 10 as well as the infrastructure being put in place to support its forthcoming launch. However, many questions remain outstanding. What I provide here is pure speculation based on public information that I have encountered as the […]
In the previous post in this series I provided some background behind explaining why I feel BlackBerry 10 will have a successful launch. In this post it’s time to get to the heart of the issue. (Also refer to the video of the BlackBerry 10 demonstration that I received at the recent CES 2013.) One other […]
Having followed the evolution of BlackBerry 10 since RIM CEO Thorsten Heins took the helm about a year ago this weekend, we have been seeing a textbook case of how to restore a faltering company and its brand to its former glory. On taking over the reins Heins’ challenges included: sticking to the original product […]
The January 30 launch date for the BlackBerry 10 is rapidly approaching. RIM’s only exhibitor presence at CES 2013 was the QNX booth with a Bentley concept car demonstrating the future of automotive electronics and information. More on that in another post. However, RIM personnel were in Las Vegas during the week. While attending CES […]
For several years I have been an annual subscriber to MLB.com’s At Bat applications for smartphones. In fact, I only subscribe for my BlackBerry and iPad as they charge $15 per season for each device and these are my most frequently referenced devices. Taking full advantage of fans’ devotion to following every pitch, they do […]
I have watched many companies come and go as they attempt to launch IP-based voice services. However, “come-and-go” has been the operative word here; they failed to get any significant user traction. It’s not the technology that makes for success but rather how many can access the service. For the past two weeks BlackBerry Messenger […]
In a move to bring free voice communications to existing BlackBerry users, RIM launched BlackBerry Messenger 7 beta earlier this week. BBM 7 beta features BBM Voice – a voice chat service over WiFi. Currently only available via the BlackBerry Beta Zone, it is a signal that soon all 60 million BlackBerry Messenger users will […]
Yesterday PamFax, the obligation-free worldwide Internet-based fax-on-demand service, became available on the BlackBerry PlayBook App World. As a result a PlayBook can now become your “fax machine” for sending documents from, and receiving documents on, the device. Files sent include documents on the PlayBook, including those from the photo Gallery or either of the PlayBook […]
Analysts and many technology reporters and bloggers had crow for breakfast yesterday; it’s time for them to get with the program. BlackBerry 10 is well along the way to becoming a smartphone market reality. And Shakespeare’s Henry V is becoming an inspiration to drive the challenge ahead. It has a 500 to 1000 year life-cycle, […]
Get Email Updates (It’s Free!)
Skype Reference Guide
- Skype Features
- Case Studies
- Skype In Business
- Skype for Business
- Hosted Services
- BlackBerry KEYone – An Security Enhanced Android Phone May 31, 2017
- A Tale of Two BlackBerry’s May 31, 2017
- Returning to Blogging May 30, 2017
- Experience Skype to the Max: 2nd Edition March 17, 2015
- BlackBerry Classic–Beyond The Power of the Keyboard Upgraded December 17, 2014
- FREETALK® Everyman USB Headset for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”! August 14, 2009
- Coming “Real Soon Now”: Skype for iPhone over 3G February 3, 2010
- Skype’s SILK Codec: Working Towards Adoption as a Standard March 11, 2010
- SILK: Skype’s New Audio Codec Sets New Performance Standards for Voice Conversations February 3, 2009
- Skype Everywhere: Nokia and Skype Announce Ongoing Partnership February 17, 2009
- RIM: A Phoenix Emerging from its Ashes | 2 Sides 2 Everything: [...] Courtney writing on his blog (http://voiceon...
- RIM 1 of likely companies to fold next year - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com: [...] however, BB10 is the sign of a rebirth. ...
- “Skype Has Stopped Working”: Another Service Interruption | Voice on the Web: [...] Skype Login Disruption Update: User Friendly...
- Skype With Your Doctor: Risk vs. Reward —C3Social Social Media Consulting Milwaukee & Chicago C3Social: [...] Even with a signed disclaimer for treatment,...
- Whither Skype Extras Today? Withered? | Voice on the Web: [...] the Extras publishers were acquired; for ins...
- No Tweets Available
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/PprBJhKCjy Thanks to @trentjohnsen @CharlieSierra24 #toronto #gameofthrones about 13 hours ago from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/QjU2z96yUr Thanks to @MarcKBoucher #toronto #gameofthrones 04:57:23 AM May 21, 2019 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/s6JxKrBuGf Thanks to @bla1ze @buschic @LarryLisser #gameofthrones #toronto 04:57:20 AM May 20, 2019 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/g5021ytkZB #cybersecurity #toronto 04:58:01 AM May 19, 2019 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/3W8ZeX1Sn2 Thanks to @DougonIPComm @celinus @Global_DP #cybersecurity #fcc 04:57:17 AM May 18, 2019 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/zsiTVgqqwa Thanks to @sarahnadav #ai #fcc 04:57:22 AM May 17, 2019 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite