Tuesday morning marks the launch of BlackBerry Live 2013, BlackBerry’s annual enterprise mobility conference for service providers and enterprise customers; concurrently BlackBerry Jam Americas targets BlackBerry’s extensive network of third party developers. It would appear that over 3500 will be attending these three day events to learn more about the directions BlackBerry, the company formerly […]
Tag Archives | QNX
To tablet, or not to tablet, that is the question: Whether ’tis Nobler in the mind to suffer The Slings and Arrows of outrageous Competition, Or to take Arms against a Sea of troubles, And by opposing end them: to die, to sleep No more; and by a sleep, to say we end The Tablet-ache, […]
Two weeks ago today I received my evaluation BlackBerry 10. To say the least it has been everything I expected of a device with the promise of true multi-tasking and powerful mobile hardware. In a recent post I mentioned several reviews that go into extensive detail and gave it good marks for its performance. Here […]
When I had dinner with RIM’s Alec Saunders last fall, I told him the launch day would be between Jan. 23 and Feb. 1. He asked how I knew. I had just rebooked my vacation tour of Costa Rica that I had to cancel last winter. The next week January 30 was announced as the […]
The January 30 launch date for the BlackBerry 10 is rapidly approaching. RIM’s only exhibitor presence at CES 2013 was the QNX booth with a Bentley concept car demonstrating the future of automotive electronics and information. More on that in another post. However, RIM personnel were in Las Vegas during the week. While attending CES […]
For the past 18 months RIM’s struggles have given the media and some investors fodder for recommending their “way ahead” in this tumultuous, transitioning world of mobile devices. Sell offs, splitting the company, acquisition, using a third party’s operating system are amongst the proposals put forward by various business media and investors. As posted a […]
Today we’ll see RIM’s quarterly results announcement; the world is prepared for the worst, not only following up on an earnings warning given a few weeks ago but also because they are caught in a situation where new devices are pending and there is little reason to encourage purchase of the existing smartphone product line, […]
Over the past five weeks, since the launch of Playbook OS2.0, I have been using the BlackBerry PlayBook as my primary tablet to see if I can carry on my normal “roaming” activities. This comes after a year of using an original iPad, which I have found to be the equivalent of an “electronic briefcase”. […]
Picked up the three Toronto newspapers Monday morning; each had the front page headline about the executive changes at Research in Motion that were made public late Sunday night, (I was caught up watching the 49’ers – Giants NFC Conference overtime final that ran rather late and had taken time off from the Internet.) It’s […]
About 20 years ago I was managing the Canadian operation of Quarterdeck, publisher of the very popular QEMM-386 memory manager for DOS. During that period Microsoft decided they needed to upgrade DOS to include some memory management features in DOS 5 and later DOS 6. Somehow the genius developer team at Quarterdeck always managed to […]
Get Email Updates (It’s Free!)
Skype Reference Guide
- Skype Features
- Case Studies
- Skype In Business
- Skype for Business
- Hosted Services
- BlackBerry KEYone – An Security Enhanced Android Phone May 31, 2017
- A Tale of Two BlackBerry’s May 31, 2017
- Returning to Blogging May 30, 2017
- Experience Skype to the Max: 2nd Edition March 17, 2015
- BlackBerry Classic–Beyond The Power of the Keyboard Upgraded December 17, 2014
- FREETALK® Everyman USB Headset for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”! August 14, 2009
- Coming “Real Soon Now”: Skype for iPhone over 3G February 3, 2010
- Skype’s SILK Codec: Working Towards Adoption as a Standard March 11, 2010
- SILK: Skype’s New Audio Codec Sets New Performance Standards for Voice Conversations February 3, 2009
- Skype Everywhere: Nokia and Skype Announce Ongoing Partnership February 17, 2009
- RIM: A Phoenix Emerging from its Ashes | 2 Sides 2 Everything: [...] Courtney writing on his blog (http://voiceon...
- RIM 1 of likely companies to fold next year - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com: [...] however, BB10 is the sign of a rebirth. ...
- “Skype Has Stopped Working”: Another Service Interruption | Voice on the Web: [...] Skype Login Disruption Update: User Friendly...
- Skype With Your Doctor: Risk vs. Reward —C3Social Social Media Consulting Milwaukee & Chicago C3Social: [...] Even with a signed disclaimer for treatment,...
- Whither Skype Extras Today? Withered? | Voice on the Web: [...] the Extras publishers were acquired; for ins...
- No Tweets Available
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/HNvkFdogV3 about 12 hours ago from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/kTuoDbFcHQ Thanks to @sherylcamp #breaking #cloud 04:55:23 AM September 27, 2020 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/yca4WEPzd0 #mostadmired #voteblue2020 04:55:27 AM September 26, 2020 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/eim7TCxi2X Thanks to @michaeltorbert 04:55:21 AM September 25, 2020 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/YLTeVIe8RN 04:55:22 AM September 24, 2020 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/oRXJudY0fp Thanks to @VijayAerpula6 #hpc 04:56:01 AM September 23, 2020 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite