Over the past three weeks I have had the opportunity to attend the Skype sessions at the eBay-Skype Developers Conference, to meet with and/or interview several Skype Software Business Solution Partners (product reviews forthcoming), and to spend a day at eBay Live – especially in the exhibit area. Out in the blogosphere, especially via posts […]
Tag Archives | Pamela
An undercurrent of Skype awareness around eBay Live’s opening day I remained in Boston for the first day of eBay Live – eBay’s annual event for its infrastructure players and Resellers – and found evidence of Skype awareness in various ways: The Cheerleader: a Skype Partner exhibits on the eBay Live show floor The User: […]
Since last year’s Skype Developer Conference we have seen progress on the road map that was laid out at the time. Specifically there were two primary requests from developers: (i) access to the Skype voice channel and (ii) a call transfer API. While both features have become available there are still some loose ends to […]
Dan York, over at Disruptive Telephony and a permanent participant in the Skype 3.x Discussion public chat, has just pointed us to Skype’s announcement that the limit for participants in Skype Public Chats has been raised to 150. Dan is perplexed (and I am also) as to why we often see the actual number of […]
Webware is a c|net website that talks about “cool web apps for everyone”. Recent posts include review of Netscape’s Social Browser, an Adobie Acrobat update for Vista compatibility as well as a remote printing feature and Sclipo, another potential player in the Skype Prime space. Industry veteran journalist Rafe Needleman is the Chief Blogger. “In […]
Recently Skype announced the crossing of a benchmark for the Skype Extras program: passing the ten million download mark in just over four months of availability. In the past I have written about a few of their successful partners: Pamela, Skylook, Unyte and HiDefConferencing. According to this press release (and the Skype Extras Downloads report) […]
Yesterday Mark Evans posted his Communications 101 thoughts and mentioned: Note: It’s important to be clear there is a difference between having the “gift of the gab” and communicating well. This post is driven, in part, by my personal goal to become a better communicator. But when it comes to maintaining family relationships, having the […]
Perhaps the most demanded feature at last year’s Skype Developer Conference was Call Transfer API’s. We have seen some activity for Skype to Skype calls recently; however, information on activity related to calls originating or terminating via SkypeIn or SkypeOut (which require significantly more infrastructure) has been negligible. Today Skype’s April Developer newsletter issued a […]
Pamela Systems’ Pamela, “a personal digital assistant for Skype”, has been one of the more popular Skype Partner offerings with its wide range of Skype enhancement features. and over 350,000 downloads as of early April. Offered in four different editions (Basic, Standard, Premium, Business), Pamela’s latest Version 3.5 was launched a couple of weeks ago. […]
Alec Saunders, of iotum, Talk Now and Voice 2.0 Manifesto fame, has written one of his high level overview posts, Aikido, Retreat or War. What’s Your Microsoft Strategy? Alec brings a unique perspective to the table because he has moved from being a program manager within Microsoft when their real time communications strategy was in […]
Get Email Updates (It’s Free!)
Skype Reference Guide
- Skype Features
- Case Studies
- Skype In Business
- Skype for Business
- Hosted Services
- BlackBerry KEYone – An Security Enhanced Android Phone May 31, 2017
- A Tale of Two BlackBerry’s May 31, 2017
- Returning to Blogging May 30, 2017
- Experience Skype to the Max: 2nd Edition March 17, 2015
- BlackBerry Classic–Beyond The Power of the Keyboard Upgraded December 17, 2014
- FREETALK® Everyman USB Headset for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”! August 14, 2009
- Coming “Real Soon Now”: Skype for iPhone over 3G February 3, 2010
- Skype’s SILK Codec: Working Towards Adoption as a Standard March 11, 2010
- SILK: Skype’s New Audio Codec Sets New Performance Standards for Voice Conversations February 3, 2009
- Skype Everywhere: Nokia and Skype Announce Ongoing Partnership February 17, 2009
- RIM: A Phoenix Emerging from its Ashes | 2 Sides 2 Everything: [...] Courtney writing on his blog (http://voiceon...
- RIM 1 of likely companies to fold next year - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com: [...] however, BB10 is the sign of a rebirth. ...
- “Skype Has Stopped Working”: Another Service Interruption | Voice on the Web: [...] Skype Login Disruption Update: User Friendly...
- Skype With Your Doctor: Risk vs. Reward —C3Social Social Media Consulting Milwaukee & Chicago C3Social: [...] Even with a signed disclaimer for treatment,...
- Whither Skype Extras Today? Withered? | Voice on the Web: [...] the Extras publishers were acquired; for ins...
- No Tweets Available
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/Znd7K4qmli Thanks to @TMCnetDAVE @MesterRobb @blogTO #ai #blockchain about 18 hours ago from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/KpP4hHEB4Z Thanks to @caitlincz #blockchain #cybersecurity 04:54:48 AM July 15, 2018 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/b0KFIhegEB Thanks to @BradWButt @TMCnetDAVE @blogTO #toronto #ai 04:54:21 AM July 14, 2018 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- How to Maximize your Smartphone Battery Life - Picture this: you wake up in the morning and leave your home with a… https://t.co/8QvfO9G8O0 01:52:20 PM July 13, 2018 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/4bTd8yKAlG Thanks to @danyork @DougonIPComm @vassko #toronto #iot 04:54:48 AM July 13, 2018 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- An improved keyboard, long-lasting battery, and the first dual-lens camera on a BlackBerry are just some of the hig… https://t.co/q2FAI30NKz 08:53:50 AM July 12, 2018 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite