A few months ago Skype introduced the ability to associate your Skype ID with a Microsoft ID and the option to log into Skype via your Microsoft ID. The most immediate advantage is the addition of your Windows Live Messenger contacts to those accessible from the Skype client. While many Skype users have taken advantage [...]
Tag Archives | Microsoft Skype integration
Yesterday Skype released Skype 4.2.1 for iPhone and iPad bringing Skype for iPhone and iPad into the world of Microsoft integration as well as addressing some features found on the Skype PC clients. But first, as background, have a look at the statistics reported by Skype Product Marketing Manager, Jonathan Watson: According to recent data [...]
Over the past few days I have had a Microsoft Surface and checked out Skype for Windows 8 on a touch device. While there was no major issue using Skype for Windows 8 on a legacy screen with mouse navigation, using a touch screen is somewhat more intuitive. While many of the results reported earlier [...]
When discussing the Microsoft acquisition of Skype in Experience Skype to the Max, I made the statement: The key to the Microsoft acquisition is for Skype to build out its current platform, often working with third party developer partners, while integrating Skype’s software and technology into Microsoft products such as Office (Outlook, especially), Windows Phone, [...]
With the release of Skype for Windows 5.11 beta and Skype for Mac 5.11 beta, we first encountered the ability to log into Skype via a “linked” Microsoft account. Since then Skype has introduced other offerings that make it clear why this merging is becoming necessary, especially with the launch of Skype for Windows 8. [...]
Get Email Updates (It’s Free!)
Skype Reference Guide
- Skype Features
- Case Studies
- Skype In Business
- Skype for Business
- Hosted Services
- Reprise: BBM for iOS and Android – A Positioning Exercise November 14, 2013
- BlackBerry: BBM for iOS and Android Launches October 22, 2013
- Skype: Abandoning Developers and Inviting Business User Backlash October 17, 2013
- BlackBerry Messenger – As Viewed at TIFF September 14, 2013
- Skype: It’s Been a 10 Year Ride August 30, 2013
- FREETALK® Everyman USB Headset for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”! August 14, 2009
- Skype’s SILK Codec: Working Towards Adoption as a Standard March 11, 2010
- Coming “Real Soon Now”: Skype for iPhone over 3G February 3, 2010
- SILK: Skype’s New Audio Codec Sets New Performance Standards for Voice Conversations February 3, 2009
- Skype for Windows 4.2: Enhancing the Skype Call Experience March 21, 2010
- RIM: A Phoenix Emerging from its Ashes | 2 Sides 2 Everything: [...] Courtney writing on his blog (http://voiceon...
- RIM 1 of likely companies to fold next year - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com: [...] however, BB10 is the sign of a rebirth. ...
- “Skype Has Stopped Working”: Another Service Interruption | Voice on the Web: [...] Skype Login Disruption Update: User Friendly...
- Skype With Your Doctor: Risk vs. Reward —C3Social Social Media Consulting Milwaukee & Chicago C3Social: [...] Even with a signed disclaimer for treatment,...
- Whither Skype Extras Today? Withered? | Voice on the Web: [...] the Extras publishers were acquired; for ins...
- Will WebRTC Defeat @Skype? Technology does not a product make http://t.co/NX5wByjLd7 via @RudeBaguette Some good points.. about 4 hours ago from Buffer ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Will WebRTC Defeat Skype? Technology does not a product make http://t.co/EVhqPXF4lQ via Rude Baguette Some good points.. about 5 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- CounterPath says its new SDK is better than WebRTC http://t.co/OiordH6Prv about 5 hours ago from Buffer ReplyRetweetFavorite
- CounterPath says its new SDK is better than WebRTC http://t.co/7pc2A6OvTR about 16 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Everyone wants to be the one messaging app that rules them all - but there's no such thing, and never will be http://t.co/HsuRczVCOQ @gigaom about 17 hours ago from Buffer ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Everyone wants to be the one messaging app that rules them all - but there's no such thing, and never will be http://t.co/z3Eo3G4HYA Gigaom about 18 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Will WebRTC Defeat @Skype? Technology does not a product make http://t.co/XlgJBnFIOt via @RudeBaguette Some good points.. about 3 hours ago from Buffer ReplyRetweetFavorite
- CounterPath says its new SDK is better than WebRTC http://t.co/cZQPcuIPfe about 4 hours ago from Buffer ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The Jim Courtney Daily is out! http://t.co/ue7tXevpsb about 10 hours ago from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Everyone wants to be the one messaging app that rules them all - but there's no such thing, and never will be http://t.co/gbhO3utE7d @gigaom about 17 hours ago from Buffer ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I just signed up for SquareOne Mail beta to help me cut the clutter of email Check it out at http://t.co/9Vc3GYnMUQ via @SquareOneMail about 19 hours ago from Tweet Button ReplyRetweetFavorite
- One more time! (@ One Health Clubs) http://t.co/RHDwokUcrf 11:56:03 AM December 12, 2013 from foursquare ReplyRetweetFavorite