With RIM’s annual WES event starting later today we started to see announcements Monday about a new Blackberry and a new VC fund for mobile applications. Blackberry Bold is definitely a major smartphone enhancement from the current Pearl, Curve and, most notably, 88×0 lines. Reading through the new specs, the Blackberry Bold addresses several issues […]
Tag Archives | iSkoot
Luca Filigheddu, CEO of Abbeynet, has put up a guest post on IPCovergence.TV: Mobile VoIP Services – Conusmers Seek Usability and Real Cost Savings. His whole thesis is summed up by the statement: …. it’s very difficult for me to see another major disruption coming in the short term to impact mobile communications. I’m referring […]
Lee Dryburgh is gradually putting up videos from the eComm 2008 sessions. Today we have iSkoot CEO Mark Jacobstein’s presentation about carrier friendly access to Skype. As mentioned in previous posts on this subject: iSkoot uses the robust circuit switched voice channel to connect to an iSkoot server running a Skype session — generating at […]
The Canadian wireless market provides a unique situation in that Rogers is the only GSM wireless service provider. From the smartphone side there are four potential suppliers: Apple, with its iPhone which requires GSM RIM, whose WiFi -enabled 8×20 Blackberries require GSM to be able to use the UMA/GAN feature Nokia, who basically only builds […]
In a simplistic world, it is easy to view the mobile phone as the PC in your pocket when the truth is the mobile phone is not the PC in your pocket. The path to low cost or free mobile calling to our friends and business colleagues worldwide is not necessarily through a replication of […]
While this blog tends to focus on new developments and the role they can play in our future real time conversations, it sometimes pays to look back to see what has been accomplished. For 2007, these are, from my perspective, top ten accomplishments for the Skype ecosystem: 1. eBay CEO Meg Whitman states at an […]
While returning to the home office from my workout yesterday morning, before I started driving, I pulled out my Blackberry 8820, selected the iSkoot icon to open iSkoot (which auto logs into Skype), selected a Skype contact in the U.K., clicked on Call, heard a message asking me to “please wait while the call is […]
Get Email Updates (It’s Free!)
Skype Reference Guide
- Skype Features
- Case Studies
- Skype In Business
- Skype for Business
- Hosted Services
- BlackBerry KEYone – An Security Enhanced Android Phone May 31, 2017
- A Tale of Two BlackBerry’s May 31, 2017
- Returning to Blogging May 30, 2017
- Experience Skype to the Max: 2nd Edition March 17, 2015
- BlackBerry Classic–Beyond The Power of the Keyboard Upgraded December 17, 2014
- FREETALK® Everyman USB Headset for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”! August 14, 2009
- Coming “Real Soon Now”: Skype for iPhone over 3G February 3, 2010
- Skype’s SILK Codec: Working Towards Adoption as a Standard March 11, 2010
- SILK: Skype’s New Audio Codec Sets New Performance Standards for Voice Conversations February 3, 2009
- Skype Everywhere: Nokia and Skype Announce Ongoing Partnership February 17, 2009
- RIM: A Phoenix Emerging from its Ashes | 2 Sides 2 Everything: [...] Courtney writing on his blog (http://voiceon...
- RIM 1 of likely companies to fold next year - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com: [...] however, BB10 is the sign of a rebirth. ...
- “Skype Has Stopped Working”: Another Service Interruption | Voice on the Web: [...] Skype Login Disruption Update: User Friendly...
- Skype With Your Doctor: Risk vs. Reward —C3Social Social Media Consulting Milwaukee & Chicago C3Social: [...] Even with a signed disclaimer for treatment,...
- Whither Skype Extras Today? Withered? | Voice on the Web: [...] the Extras publishers were acquired; for ins...
- No Tweets Available
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/kwbYp37ito Thanks to @robcee #toronto #technology about 12 hours ago from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/0pyZXvpaYl Thanks to @dawnbazely #ai #toronto 04:57:06 AM December 14, 2018 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/TeH8wKMZ4b #5g #iot 04:57:03 AM December 13, 2018 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/aMqbS7rgHg Thanks to @shaiberger @DougonIPComm #toronto #ai 04:57:04 AM December 12, 2018 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/bhzcCel5G4 Thanks to @JSidline @caitlincz @trentjohnsen #marketing #iot 04:57:08 AM December 11, 2018 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/GZIrF4Cl6T Thanks to @Mark_Goldberg @rhh #toronto #ai 04:57:08 AM December 10, 2018 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite