The Canadian launch of the 3G iPhone received international coverage due to consumer reaction to Rogers initial price plans. But having followed the story since last fall and, having interviewed the first two customers to buy the iPhone 3G at Rogers Toronto launch location, the real story is about how Rogers is learning that smartphones […]
Tag Archives | iPhone
Last Friday morning, iPhone 3G launch day, I caught the earliest commuter train into Toronto and arrived at the Rogers “designated” Toronto iPhone launch store about 30 minutes before opening at 8 a.m. A lineup of about 150 to 200 potential customers (awaiting what turned out to be 100 units with a cap of 2 […]
Or maybe this should be called: Steve Jobs Does Not Tolerate even the Contemplation of Failure. Last week I reported on Rogers’ announcement of new data plans for both the forthcoming iPhone (available in two days) and RIM’s Blackberry. In fact, I had immediately changed my Blackberry plan to a new one where the price […]
Caveat: This post is mostly for the benefit of Canadians but then again if you’re outside Canada where unlimited data plans are the norm, count your blessings. These plans do have implications for mobile Skype usage costs, such as with iSkoot. Update: maybe it is international – the story has made CNN.com. Rogers takes major […]
The Canadian wireless market provides a unique situation in that Rogers is the only GSM wireless service provider. From the smartphone side there are four potential suppliers: Apple, with its iPhone which requires GSM RIM, whose WiFi -enabled 8×20 Blackberries require GSM to be able to use the UMA/GAN feature Nokia, who basically only builds […]
VoIP blogger and Italian IP-communications entrepreneur Luca Filigheddu, whom I had the pleasure of meeting at eComm 2008, reports on speculation that RIM is looking to build a developer team focused on the iPhone. He points to a post on Apple Insider by Aidan Malley who has become aware of a new internal job listing […]
Get Email Updates (It’s Free!)
Skype Reference Guide
- Skype Features
- Case Studies
- Skype In Business
- Skype for Business
- Hosted Services
- Experience Skype to the Max: 2nd Edition March 17, 2015
- BlackBerry Classic–Beyond The Power of the Keyboard Upgraded December 17, 2014
- What will Microsoft rebranding Lync as Skype for Business change, besides the name? November 11, 2014
- BlackBerry 2014: Reaching Out in New Directions September 24, 2014
- Truphone World – My Universal World Carrier Experience August 12, 2014
- FREETALK® Everyman USB Headset for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”! August 14, 2009
- Coming “Real Soon Now”: Skype for iPhone over 3G February 3, 2010
- Skype’s SILK Codec: Working Towards Adoption as a Standard March 11, 2010
- SILK: Skype’s New Audio Codec Sets New Performance Standards for Voice Conversations February 3, 2009
- Skype for Windows 4.2: Enhancing the Skype Call Experience March 21, 2010
- RIM: A Phoenix Emerging from its Ashes | 2 Sides 2 Everything: [...] Courtney writing on his blog (http://voiceon...
- RIM 1 of likely companies to fold next year - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com: [...] however, BB10 is the sign of a rebirth. ...
- “Skype Has Stopped Working”: Another Service Interruption | Voice on the Web: [...] Skype Login Disruption Update: User Friendly...
- Skype With Your Doctor: Risk vs. Reward —C3Social Social Media Consulting Milwaukee & Chicago C3Social: [...] Even with a signed disclaimer for treatment,...
- Whither Skype Extras Today? Withered? | Voice on the Web: [...] the Extras publishers were acquired; for ins...
- Beyond The Theory of Everything http://t.co/qHaMuLFRvm 09:05:12 AM July 07, 2015 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Quantum Mechanics & Enterprise Communications: More Alike Than You Think http://t.co/6WoyHS4fOm via @nojitter Parallels in Real Times Comms 08:14:05 AM July 07, 2015 from Buffer ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @BlackBerry Partners for Innovation with Mackenzie Health - http://t.co/AOFvZGyoLO Personalizing patient care support #BBEliteWin 10:45:17 AM June 25, 2015 from Buffer in reply to BlackBerry ReplyRetweetFavorite
- BlackBerry Partners for Innovation with Mackenzie Health http://t.co/ypjc2m7jFp 10:13:10 AM June 25, 2015 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- "Working Anywhere Isn't Hard. It Just Takes Planning" http://t.co/KDLO1Ch4uX @andyabramson the European nomad. 09:15:39 AM June 22, 2015 from Buffer ReplyRetweetFavorite
- VoIPWatch http://t.co/zym1ou0r6E 09:05:13 AM June 22, 2015 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/BqqRRrQS5a Thanks to @Supa_Fly1 @BrianOSh @datachick #iot #ec17 about 15 hours ago from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/GAaKS5RHBe #ai #marketing 04:52:51 AM March 25, 2017 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @DEYCrypt: For those who would like to replace Twitter DM with a secure chat, give @wire a try. Its multi-device and you dont have to gi… 08:41:33 AM March 24, 2017 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/ZimeSP7yax Thanks to @KatrinaNaomi @maredubs @waltmossberg #iot #ai 04:52:52 AM March 24, 2017 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/qMGH14UtCg Thanks to @dawnbazely @Recode #iot #crm 04:52:52 AM March 23, 2017 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/MmCE9BHZ4x Thanks to @CathrynHrudicka @fifamedia @Panda4994 #ai #iot 04:52:56 AM March 22, 2017 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite