Pamela Systems’ Pamela, “a personal digital assistant for Skype”, has been one of the more popular Skype Partner offerings with its wide range of Skype enhancement features. and over 350,000 downloads as of early April. Offered in four different editions (Basic, Standard, Premium, Business), Pamela’s latest Version 3.5 was launched a couple of weeks ago. […]
Tag Archives | Instant Messaging
Taking back control of your real time communications in the AlwaysOn world. (While this post was published originally inFebruary 2007, it still has even more relevance in a very active Social Networking world; see the Update note at the end of the post). When reporting on my visit last summer to an Alexander Graham Bell […]
.. in the UK at least. Today, as one partner participating in the 3 X-Series service announcement by Hutchison Whampoa’s 3 Group, Skype has announced its first truly mobile offering where Skype users can make “free” Skype-to-Skype calls on a mobile phone. Starting December 1, 3 Group will launch a new flat fee mobile broadband […]
Seems that the discussion of the merits of email and (Skype) Chat are warming up again: Andy highlights the delays in knowing who is really online in Skype; he also mentions he has been receiving some chat spam. Jaanus admits that, despite claiming Skype chat to have many advantages over email fifteen months, ago he […]
Monday afternoon’s first Fall VON 2006 plenary session, IM: The State of Presence, featuring a panel of executives and managers from the GYMAS-five representing over 90% of the IM usage worldwide: Dan Casey, Director, Windows Live VoIP and Messenger Product Management, Microsoft Jeff Bonforte, Director of Voice Product Management, Yahoo! Nitzan Shaer, Director, Mobile Devices, […]
Since its introduction at the final Fall Comdex in 2003, I have been following the SightSpeed video communications service as it has evolved into one of the more highly respected personal video calling services. Today they are releasing a new version 5.0; last week I spent an hour talking with Peter Csathey, CEO of SightSpeed, […]
It’s been a busy week: The previously announced (eight months ago) MSN/Yahoo IM federation became real. Yawn. Phil Wolff and Alec Saunders have commented on the Skype code cracking by a Chinese engineering team. Ken Camp has linked both the U3 Skype/SanDisk announcement and any potential Skype code cracking to corporate security policy implications. I […]
As a follow up to my post earlier this week and Phil’s post on presence, Alec Saunders continues the discussion on presence and relevance issues with two posts: First is a post triggered by an email response from Kyle Marsh, Microsoft’s UC evangelist, to Alec’s initial commentary on Microsoft’s Unified Communications “Strategy” announcement last Monday. […]
Get Email Updates (It’s Free!)
Skype Reference Guide
- Skype Features
- Case Studies
- Skype In Business
- Skype for Business
- Hosted Services
- BlackBerry KEYone – An Security Enhanced Android Phone May 31, 2017
- A Tale of Two BlackBerry’s May 31, 2017
- Returning to Blogging May 30, 2017
- Experience Skype to the Max: 2nd Edition March 17, 2015
- BlackBerry Classic–Beyond The Power of the Keyboard Upgraded December 17, 2014
- FREETALK® Everyman USB Headset for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”! August 14, 2009
- Coming “Real Soon Now”: Skype for iPhone over 3G February 3, 2010
- Skype’s SILK Codec: Working Towards Adoption as a Standard March 11, 2010
- SILK: Skype’s New Audio Codec Sets New Performance Standards for Voice Conversations February 3, 2009
- Skype Everywhere: Nokia and Skype Announce Ongoing Partnership February 17, 2009
- RIM: A Phoenix Emerging from its Ashes | 2 Sides 2 Everything: [...] Courtney writing on his blog (http://voiceon...
- RIM 1 of likely companies to fold next year - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com: [...] however, BB10 is the sign of a rebirth. ...
- “Skype Has Stopped Working”: Another Service Interruption | Voice on the Web: [...] Skype Login Disruption Update: User Friendly...
- Skype With Your Doctor: Risk vs. Reward —C3Social Social Media Consulting Milwaukee & Chicago C3Social: [...] Even with a signed disclaimer for treatment,...
- Whither Skype Extras Today? Withered? | Voice on the Web: [...] the Extras publishers were acquired; for ins...
- No Tweets Available
- BlackBerry Key2 LE vs. BlackBerry Key2: Which productivity titan reigns supreme? - Just months after TCL released i… https://t.co/9Q0WxzOsrg about 4 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/GWL0ERnhkB Thanks to @RBinhammer #cybersecurity #cloud about 14 hours ago from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/FgvZfgLlQ1 Thanks to @vassko #bitcoin #digitalmarketing 04:54:22 AM September 23, 2018 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/3AnoBWFuj1 Thanks to @johnbowman @BradWButt #ai #blockchain 04:54:22 AM September 22, 2018 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/qdgAnVRTFh Thanks to @DougonIPComm @jt_teran #ai #blockchain 04:54:26 AM September 21, 2018 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @cp24 what's the big black cloud over south Mississauga? https://t.co/jvPJavSkyO 07:26:41 PM September 20, 2018 from Twitter for Android in reply to CP24 ReplyRetweetFavorite