CounterPath has long been known for its SIP softphone clients, Xlite and Bria. Xlite is a free PC-based softphone client which provides basic voice calling and instant messaging features. Bria is their full-feature business grade offering which: Provides access to an IP-based telephone system or service from a PC (Windows, Mac and Linux), iPhone or […]
Tag Archives | FREETALK Connect
For the past few years I have been aware of another company, aside from Skype, that develops communications software in the form of SIP-based softphones: CounterPath, working out of Vancouver, B.C. I have always been a bit frustrated by SIP-based connectivity – my one learning across several attempts over the years to configure SIP-based softphones […]
At CES 2010 last month I had the opportunity to record interviews with Skype CEO Josh Silverman as well as Russ Shaw, Vice President and General Manager of Skype Mobile and EMEA, and Matt Jordan, Enterprise Business Development Manager. In this first interview Matt Jordan talks about the evolving Skype for Business Program. After giving […]
While the FREETALK Connect all encompassing PBX announced at IT Expo last Wednesday changes the economics of small business communications, it also provides a platform around which third party applications can readily be built and integrated. Thursday saw the announcement of the FREETALK Connect Alliance, comprising thirteen charter members plus FREETALK that covers applications from […]
Pardon my exuberance but I am about to write about a product that I have been beta testing for the past few months. Seven months ago I knew very little about small business PBX’s other than to know they had big $$$ signs associated with their operation. Back in 1992 my employer of the day […]
Get Email Updates (It’s Free!)
Skype Reference Guide
- Skype Features
- Case Studies
- Skype In Business
- Skype for Business
- Hosted Services
- BlackBerry KEYone – An Security Enhanced Android Phone May 31, 2017
- A Tale of Two BlackBerry’s May 31, 2017
- Returning to Blogging May 30, 2017
- Experience Skype to the Max: 2nd Edition March 17, 2015
- BlackBerry Classic–Beyond The Power of the Keyboard Upgraded December 17, 2014
- FREETALK® Everyman USB Headset for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”! August 14, 2009
- Coming “Real Soon Now”: Skype for iPhone over 3G February 3, 2010
- Skype’s SILK Codec: Working Towards Adoption as a Standard March 11, 2010
- SILK: Skype’s New Audio Codec Sets New Performance Standards for Voice Conversations February 3, 2009
- Skype Everywhere: Nokia and Skype Announce Ongoing Partnership February 17, 2009
- RIM: A Phoenix Emerging from its Ashes | 2 Sides 2 Everything: [...] Courtney writing on his blog (http://voiceon...
- RIM 1 of likely companies to fold next year - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com: [...] however, BB10 is the sign of a rebirth. ...
- “Skype Has Stopped Working”: Another Service Interruption | Voice on the Web: [...] Skype Login Disruption Update: User Friendly...
- Skype With Your Doctor: Risk vs. Reward —C3Social Social Media Consulting Milwaukee & Chicago C3Social: [...] Even with a signed disclaimer for treatment,...
- Whither Skype Extras Today? Withered? | Voice on the Web: [...] the Extras publishers were acquired; for ins...
- No Tweets Available
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/s6JxKrBuGf Thanks to @bla1ze @buschic @LarryLisser #gameofthrones #toronto about 5 hours ago from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/g5021ytkZB #cybersecurity #toronto 04:58:01 AM May 19, 2019 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/3W8ZeX1Sn2 Thanks to @DougonIPComm @celinus @Global_DP #cybersecurity #fcc 04:57:17 AM May 18, 2019 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/zsiTVgqqwa Thanks to @sarahnadav #ai #fcc 04:57:22 AM May 17, 2019 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/OiHPM2FFPO #toronto #gameofthrones 04:57:23 AM May 16, 2019 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/z9R2jRc0MK Thanks to @CharlieSierra24 @MarcKBoucher #cybersecurity #ai 04:57:22 AM May 15, 2019 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite