When I first saw the antenna band completely surrounding the iPhone 4 during Steve Jobs’ initial presentation, I recalled a comment made to me by RIM co-CEO Mike Lazaradis after a RIM Annual General meeting a few years ago. And I should also mention that I personally have a history of dealing with rf and […]
Tag Archives | BlackBerry Bold
The past six months, with three trips to Europe, have given me the opportunity not only to experience roaming on European 3G wireless services but also the strategies and alternatives that allow me to minimize roaming charges while traveling with both a BlackBerry and iPhone. A key to the achieving this goal lies in the […]
Two announcements yesterday, when meshed together, create the setting for Skype to become, de facto, the ‘”unofficial” personal communications software provider for the 2010 Winter Olympics at Vancouver and Whistler, B.C. next February: Skype President Josh Silverman today posted: “Good Move AT&T”: Since launching our iPhone application six months ago, people have downloaded and installed […]
Over the past two months you may have noticed that my blogging activity has not had the usual frequency of at least one post every day or two. And during the past three weeks it really amounted to reporting on the launch of client In Store Solutions’ FREETALK Everyman headset. Have I lost interest in […]
On a recent trip to Spain, where I turned off my BlackBerry Bold’s and iPhone’s mobile carrier network connection except when really required, I was able to use WiFi connections at my various hotels quite effectively to keep up with my “data” activities on these devices. (Except in a situation mentioned below I used Skype […]
This evening I had a conflict: I needed to meet up with a neighbor while walking my dog but wanted to watch a key hockey game via my NHL Center Ice cable subscription. Why? Another neighbor’s son is a leading player on a team that is surprisingly making a run for a playoff position. Fortunately […]
Towards the end of February there were several news reports about DoCoMo suspending their recently launched BlackBerry Bold service due to an overheating issue. In my six months of using a BlackBerry Bold I had never encountered any heating issue. But during my Toronto to San Francisco flight to eComm 2009 on Monday, March 2 […]
Skype today published data from a recent Zobgy survey that, aside from demonstrating smartphone users’ desire to control their own phone configuration, demonstrates that a significant majority of users in the four countries surveyed (U.S., U.K., Japan and Spain) simply are still not perceiving the potential for a mobile phone handset to be considered as […]
An acquaintance’s selection of BlackBerry Bold, based largely on Twitter message exchanges, has resulted in not only a few informative posts but also an avalanche of almost daily Tweets responding to individuals seeking a recommendation for a smartphone. When I traveled to IT Expo and Mobilize last September I was in the unique position of […]
With the evolution of smartphones incorporating both WiFi and 3G wireless support, we are also seeing the application of Voice over IP technology as providing at least one leg of a wireless call. iSkoot was a pioneering example, with both their support of a wide range of wireless phones, including Nokia, Android and BlackBerry (full […]
Get Email Updates (It’s Free!)
Skype Reference Guide
- Skype Features
- Case Studies
- Skype In Business
- Skype for Business
- Hosted Services
- BlackBerry KEYone – An Security Enhanced Android Phone May 31, 2017
- A Tale of Two BlackBerry’s May 31, 2017
- Returning to Blogging May 30, 2017
- Experience Skype to the Max: 2nd Edition March 17, 2015
- BlackBerry Classic–Beyond The Power of the Keyboard Upgraded December 17, 2014
- FREETALK® Everyman USB Headset for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”! August 14, 2009
- Coming “Real Soon Now”: Skype for iPhone over 3G February 3, 2010
- Skype’s SILK Codec: Working Towards Adoption as a Standard March 11, 2010
- SILK: Skype’s New Audio Codec Sets New Performance Standards for Voice Conversations February 3, 2009
- Skype Everywhere: Nokia and Skype Announce Ongoing Partnership February 17, 2009
- RIM: A Phoenix Emerging from its Ashes | 2 Sides 2 Everything: [...] Courtney writing on his blog (http://voiceon...
- RIM 1 of likely companies to fold next year - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com: [...] however, BB10 is the sign of a rebirth. ...
- “Skype Has Stopped Working”: Another Service Interruption | Voice on the Web: [...] Skype Login Disruption Update: User Friendly...
- Skype With Your Doctor: Risk vs. Reward —C3Social Social Media Consulting Milwaukee & Chicago C3Social: [...] Even with a signed disclaimer for treatment,...
- Whither Skype Extras Today? Withered? | Voice on the Web: [...] the Extras publishers were acquired; for ins...
- No Tweets Available
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/MyZjVgWOjt Thanks to @jebbrilliant @cwalker123 @Steve_Goble #ai #fintech about 22 hours ago from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/d3dcKOlpTn Thanks to @SanvadaNews @churley #ai #iot 04:53:35 AM November 16, 2017 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Enter to #Win tickets, hotel, golf, and a prize pack to the 1st GOLF MAJOR of 2018 in Augusta, GA. @18GreensApparel https://t.co/VyNacgwKy7 11:01:04 AM November 15, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/cVbL844zOa Thanks to @SkypeSupport @dawnbazely @arnoldjon #ai #iot 04:53:47 AM November 15, 2017 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/c6LZfE2jXv Thanks to @BaquePaque @TMCnetDAVE @robcee #iot #ai 04:53:26 AM November 14, 2017 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/3MWZtO69t0 Thanks to @cehoicka @owocki @RosieMacLennan #iot #ai 04:53:24 AM November 13, 2017 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite