Picked up the three Toronto newspapers Monday morning; each had the front page headline about the executive changes at Research in Motion that were made public late Sunday night, (I was caught up watching the 49’ers – Giants NFC Conference overtime final that ran rather late and had taken time off from the Internet.) It’s [...]
Tag Archives | Apple
Skype for iPad launched two days ago and has become an instant hit at the Apple App Store. In fact, according to AppiAnnie, which tracks sales at online stores, Skype for iPad was #1 download on the Apple App Store in 86 countries on launch day. This lead continued into the next day. This response [...]
Yesterday Apple released FaceTime for Mac, making its popular iPhone 4 Facetime application available to all owners of MackBooks and iMacs that are using the Snow Leopard (OS/X 10.6) operating system. Most significant about this announcement was the immediate expansion by several million of the user base who could be reached on FaceTime calls. (3.89 [...]
When I first saw the antenna band completely surrounding the iPhone 4 during Steve Jobs’ initial presentation, I recalled a comment made to me by RIM co-CEO Mike Lazaradis after a RIM Annual General meeting a few years ago. And I should also mention that I personally have a history of dealing with rf and [...]
Launch of the iAttaché (woops, iPad) has certainly generated lots of social media coverage: blogs, Twitter and Facebook are full of comments and reviews. 300,000 sold; over a million Apps downloaded, etc. Since it’s not available yet for Canadians (except those who made the trip to Buffalo, Detroit, Chicago and Seattle, for instance, last weekend) [...]
In the past I have written about how WiFi is becoming the de facto unregulated stealth wireless carrier; I have also mentioned Boingo as a service that provides significant convenience when on the road, with its 125,000 access points at airports, hotels, restaurants, coffee shops and other public locations worldwide. Over the past year Skype [...]
But it’s neither; it’s an electronic version of a briefcase (or attaché case) which can contain everything we carry around with a roughly 8.5″ x 11″ form factor Consider the items we would carry around in a briefcase: newspapers and magazines
…Many are disappointed by the fact it’s not a phone; however, that issue was best addressed by this photo and an accompanying comment found on an acquaintance’s social networking: Look at this picture of Steve Jobs holding his iPhone.
Early today Skype released Skype for iPhone 1.3, available as an update in the Apple App Store. Two key new features: Landscape Mode for Skype IM: Call Quality Indicator The Call Quality Indicator builds on the experience gained with the call quality indicator in Skype for Windows 4.2 beta – a tool I have found [...]
Canadian iPhone and iPod Touch users will be able to celebrate all 9’s day (today is 09-09-09) by participating in Skype conversations from their iPhone. At 12:01 a.m. the Canadian Apple App store will be making Skype for iPhone available. Breaking news (12:04 a.m. Sept. 9): I have just successfully downloaded Skype for iPhone from [...]
Skype today published data from a recent Zobgy survey that, aside from demonstrating smartphone users’ desire to control their own phone configuration, demonstrates that a significant majority of users in the four countries surveyed (U.S., U.K., Japan and Spain) simply are still not perceiving the potential for a mobile phone handset to be considered as [...]
Get Email Updates (It’s Free!)
Skype Reference Guide
- Skype Features
- Case Studies
- Skype In Business
- Skype for Business
- Hosted Services
- Reprise: BBM for iOS and Android – A Positioning Exercise November 14, 2013
- BlackBerry: BBM for iOS and Android Launches October 22, 2013
- Skype: Abandoning Developers and Inviting Business User Backlash October 17, 2013
- BlackBerry Messenger – As Viewed at TIFF September 14, 2013
- Skype: It’s Been a 10 Year Ride August 30, 2013
- FREETALK® Everyman USB Headset for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”! August 14, 2009
- Skype’s SILK Codec: Working Towards Adoption as a Standard March 11, 2010
- Coming “Real Soon Now”: Skype for iPhone over 3G February 3, 2010
- SILK: Skype’s New Audio Codec Sets New Performance Standards for Voice Conversations February 3, 2009
- Skype for Windows 4.2: Enhancing the Skype Call Experience March 21, 2010
- RIM: A Phoenix Emerging from its Ashes | 2 Sides 2 Everything: [...] Courtney writing on his blog (http://voiceon...
- RIM 1 of likely companies to fold next year - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com: [...] however, BB10 is the sign of a rebirth. ...
- “Skype Has Stopped Working”: Another Service Interruption | Voice on the Web: [...] Skype Login Disruption Update: User Friendly...
- Skype With Your Doctor: Risk vs. Reward —C3Social Social Media Consulting Milwaukee & Chicago C3Social: [...] Even with a signed disclaimer for treatment,...
- Whither Skype Extras Today? Withered? | Voice on the Web: [...] the Extras publishers were acquired; for ins...
- WestJet Christmas Miracle for 250 travelers: real-time giving: http://t.co/6Rgjavq21X via YouTube about 18 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- WestJet Christmas Miracle for 250 travelers: real-time giving: http://t.co/CsOenRHoYw via @youtube about 19 hours ago from Buffer ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Light Yourself Like a Pro on Video Calls http://t.co/65EG0MRhku 07:06:13 PM December 10, 2013 from Buffer ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Light Yourself Like a Pro on Video Calls http://t.co/YOd3f3w6VA 05:15:09 PM December 10, 2013 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The Astronomical Hijinks of the Shortest Day of the Year - Patrick Di Justo - The Atlantic http://t.co/bXorsslfke Interesting read.... 09:08:13 PM December 09, 2013 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The Astronomical Hijinks of the Shortest Day of the Year - Patrick Di Justo - The Atlantic http://t.co/3olyIYiBXG Interesting read.... 09:05:08 PM December 09, 2013 from Buffer ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Picking up my 10th @Volvo, includes enhanced @BlackBerry 10 BT functions for 5 features. [pic]: http://t.co/tVVBkWzNza about 9 hours ago from foursquare ReplyRetweetFavorite
- WestJet Christmas Miracle for 250 travelers: real-time giving: http://t.co/JO48I9tPWD via @youtube about 18 hours ago from Buffer ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The Jim Courtney Daily is out! http://t.co/ue7tXevpsb about 23 hours ago from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Light Yourself Like a Pro on Video Calls http://t.co/m7ikRgPpBe 06:15:03 PM December 10, 2013 from Buffer ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The Jim Courtney Daily is out! http://t.co/ue7tXevpsb 03:58:09 AM December 10, 2013 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The Astronomical Hijinks of the Shortest Day of the Year - Patrick Di Justo - The Atlantic http://t.co/ybrQDDnCn8 Interesting read.... 09:05:10 PM December 09, 2013 from Buffer ReplyRetweetFavorite