Picked up the three Toronto newspapers Monday morning; each had the front page headline about the executive changes at Research in Motion that were made public late Sunday night, (I was caught up watching the 49’ers – Giants NFC Conference overtime final that ran rather late and had taken time off from the Internet.) It’s [...]
Tag Archives | Apple
Skype for iPad launched two days ago and has become an instant hit at the Apple App Store. In fact, according to AppiAnnie, which tracks sales at online stores, Skype for iPad was #1 download on the Apple App Store in 86 countries on launch day. This lead continued into the next day. This response [...]
Yesterday Apple released FaceTime for Mac, making its popular iPhone 4 Facetime application available to all owners of MackBooks and iMacs that are using the Snow Leopard (OS/X 10.6) operating system. Most significant about this announcement was the immediate expansion by several million of the user base who could be reached on FaceTime calls. (3.89 [...]
When I first saw the antenna band completely surrounding the iPhone 4 during Steve Jobs’ initial presentation, I recalled a comment made to me by RIM co-CEO Mike Lazaradis after a RIM Annual General meeting a few years ago. And I should also mention that I personally have a history of dealing with rf and [...]
Launch of the iAttaché (woops, iPad) has certainly generated lots of social media coverage: blogs, Twitter and Facebook are full of comments and reviews. 300,000 sold; over a million Apps downloaded, etc. Since it’s not available yet for Canadians (except those who made the trip to Buffalo, Detroit, Chicago and Seattle, for instance, last weekend) [...]
In the past I have written about how WiFi is becoming the de facto unregulated stealth wireless carrier; I have also mentioned Boingo as a service that provides significant convenience when on the road, with its 125,000 access points at airports, hotels, restaurants, coffee shops and other public locations worldwide. Over the past year Skype [...]
But it’s neither; it’s an electronic version of a briefcase (or attaché case) which can contain everything we carry around with a roughly 8.5″ x 11″ form factor Consider the items we would carry around in a briefcase: newspapers and magazines
…Many are disappointed by the fact it’s not a phone; however, that issue was best addressed by this photo and an accompanying comment found on an acquaintance’s social networking: Look at this picture of Steve Jobs holding his iPhone.
Early today Skype released Skype for iPhone 1.3, available as an update in the Apple App Store. Two key new features: Landscape Mode for Skype IM: Call Quality Indicator The Call Quality Indicator builds on the experience gained with the call quality indicator in Skype for Windows 4.2 beta – a tool I have found [...]
Canadian iPhone and iPod Touch users will be able to celebrate all 9’s day (today is 09-09-09) by participating in Skype conversations from their iPhone. At 12:01 a.m. the Canadian Apple App store will be making Skype for iPhone available. Breaking news (12:04 a.m. Sept. 9): I have just successfully downloaded Skype for iPhone from [...]
Skype today published data from a recent Zobgy survey that, aside from demonstrating smartphone users’ desire to control their own phone configuration, demonstrates that a significant majority of users in the four countries surveyed (U.S., U.K., Japan and Spain) simply are still not perceiving the potential for a mobile phone handset to be considered as [...]
Get Email Updates (It’s Free!)
Skype Reference Guide
- Skype Features
- Case Studies
- Skype In Business
- Skype for Business
- Hosted Services
- Voxeet – Bringing New Dimensions to Conference Calls April 14, 2014
- BlackBerry Z30: Setting the Bar for Smartphone Platform Performance March 26, 2014
- Voice On The Web: Coming Alive Again February 26, 2014
- Reprise: BBM for iOS and Android – A Positioning Exercise November 14, 2013
- BlackBerry: BBM for iOS and Android Launches October 22, 2013
- FREETALK® Everyman USB Headset for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”! August 14, 2009
- Skype’s SILK Codec: Working Towards Adoption as a Standard March 11, 2010
- Coming “Real Soon Now”: Skype for iPhone over 3G February 3, 2010
- SILK: Skype’s New Audio Codec Sets New Performance Standards for Voice Conversations February 3, 2009
- Skype at eComm 2009: Royalty Free Licensing of SILK Codec March 3, 2009
- RIM: A Phoenix Emerging from its Ashes | 2 Sides 2 Everything: [...] Courtney writing on his blog (http://voiceon...
- RIM 1 of likely companies to fold next year - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com: [...] however, BB10 is the sign of a rebirth. ...
- “Skype Has Stopped Working”: Another Service Interruption | Voice on the Web: [...] Skype Login Disruption Update: User Friendly...
- Skype With Your Doctor: Risk vs. Reward —C3Social Social Media Consulting Milwaukee & Chicago C3Social: [...] Even with a signed disclaimer for treatment,...
- Whither Skype Extras Today? Withered? | Voice on the Web: [...] the Extras publishers were acquired; for ins...
- @PamFax 3.0: Obligation-Free Fax Worldwide On Demand http://t.co/UWD2c2RmRP new UI for native @BlackBerry #bb10, iOS, Android, Windows about 16 hours ago from Buffer in reply to PamFax ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @PamFax 3.0: Obligation-Free Fax Worldwide On Demand http://t.co/MkpEYzUx7q new UI for native BlackBerry #bb10, iOS, Android, Windows about 16 hours ago from Facebook in reply to PamFax ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Leading Canadian organizations begin deploying BES10 http://t.co/MP5NBkDPPg via @crackberry @BlackBerry #BB10 04:30:13 PM April 16, 2014 from Buffer ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Leading Canadian organizations begin deploying BES10 http://t.co/l67Nhxxwvi via http://t.co/uBddz4g1ZR BlackBerry #BB10 03:15:28 PM April 16, 2014 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @PamFax 3.0 Launches across multiple platforms – The Complete Fax Solution http://t.co/9UfSTRX3Ef Includes native @BlackBerry version. 09:15:07 AM April 16, 2014 from Buffer in reply to PamFax ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @PamFax 3.0 Launches across multiple platforms – The Complete Fax Solution http://t.co/RcNCXOqU8G Includes native BlackBerry version. 09:05:12 AM April 16, 2014 from Facebook in reply to PamFax ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @PamFax 3.0: Obligation-Free Fax Worldwide On Demand http://t.co/yS6ummOS6k new UI for native @BlackBerry #bb10, iOS, Android, Windows about 16 hours ago from Buffer in reply to PamFax ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The Jim Courtney Daily is out! http://t.co/Vma0AUBiy0 about 20 hours ago from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Leading Canadian organizations begin deploying BES10 http://t.co/cMsynf6bZn via @crackberry @BlackBerry #BB10 03:15:04 PM April 16, 2014 from Buffer ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @PamFax 3.0 Launches across multiple platforms – The Complete Fax Solution http://t.co/xNGEo094Km Includes native @BlackBerry version. 09:09:05 AM April 16, 2014 from Buffer in reply to PamFax ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The Jim Courtney Daily is out! http://t.co/Vma0AUBiy0 04:58:08 AM April 16, 2014 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Temporary Post Used For Theme Detection (82af347c-aabc-40e7-b3aa-86b40722ad97 - 3bfe001a-32de-4114-a6b4-4005b770f6d7) http://t.co/MgpiTTt2yB 09:05:02 PM April 15, 2014 from Buffer ReplyRetweetFavorite