Picked up the three Toronto newspapers Monday morning; each had the front page headline about the executive changes at Research in Motion that were made public late Sunday night, (I was caught up watching the 49’ers – Giants NFC Conference overtime final that ran rather late and had taken time off from the Internet.) It’s [...]
Tag Archives | Apple
Skype for iPad launched two days ago and has become an instant hit at the Apple App Store. In fact, according to AppiAnnie, which tracks sales at online stores, Skype for iPad was #1 download on the Apple App Store in 86 countries on launch day. This lead continued into the next day. This response [...]
Yesterday Apple released FaceTime for Mac, making its popular iPhone 4 Facetime application available to all owners of MackBooks and iMacs that are using the Snow Leopard (OS/X 10.6) operating system. Most significant about this announcement was the immediate expansion by several million of the user base who could be reached on FaceTime calls. (3.89 [...]
When I first saw the antenna band completely surrounding the iPhone 4 during Steve Jobs’ initial presentation, I recalled a comment made to me by RIM co-CEO Mike Lazaradis after a RIM Annual General meeting a few years ago. And I should also mention that I personally have a history of dealing with rf and [...]
Launch of the iAttaché (woops, iPad) has certainly generated lots of social media coverage: blogs, Twitter and Facebook are full of comments and reviews. 300,000 sold; over a million Apps downloaded, etc. Since it’s not available yet for Canadians (except those who made the trip to Buffalo, Detroit, Chicago and Seattle, for instance, last weekend) [...]
In the past I have written about how WiFi is becoming the de facto unregulated stealth wireless carrier; I have also mentioned Boingo as a service that provides significant convenience when on the road, with its 125,000 access points at airports, hotels, restaurants, coffee shops and other public locations worldwide. Over the past year Skype [...]
But it’s neither; it’s an electronic version of a briefcase (or attaché case) which can contain everything we carry around with a roughly 8.5″ x 11″ form factor Consider the items we would carry around in a briefcase: newspapers and magazines
…Many are disappointed by the fact it’s not a phone; however, that issue was best addressed by this photo and an accompanying comment found on an acquaintance’s social networking: Look at this picture of Steve Jobs holding his iPhone.
Early today Skype released Skype for iPhone 1.3, available as an update in the Apple App Store. Two key new features: Landscape Mode for Skype IM: Call Quality Indicator The Call Quality Indicator builds on the experience gained with the call quality indicator in Skype for Windows 4.2 beta – a tool I have found [...]
Canadian iPhone and iPod Touch users will be able to celebrate all 9’s day (today is 09-09-09) by participating in Skype conversations from their iPhone. At 12:01 a.m. the Canadian Apple App store will be making Skype for iPhone available. Breaking news (12:04 a.m. Sept. 9): I have just successfully downloaded Skype for iPhone from [...]
Skype today published data from a recent Zobgy survey that, aside from demonstrating smartphone users’ desire to control their own phone configuration, demonstrates that a significant majority of users in the four countries surveyed (U.S., U.K., Japan and Spain) simply are still not perceiving the potential for a mobile phone handset to be considered as [...]
Get Email Updates (It’s Free!)
Skype Reference Guide
- Skype Features
- Case Studies
- Skype In Business
- Skype for Business
- Hosted Services
- Truphone World – My Universal World Carrier Experience August 12, 2014
- BlackBerry 10: My European Travel Companion(s) July 23, 2014
- PamFax: Who Uses Fax Today? June 13, 2014
- Voxeet – Bringing New Dimensions to Conference Calls April 14, 2014
- BlackBerry Z30: Setting the Bar for Smartphone Platform Performance March 26, 2014
- FREETALK® Everyman USB Headset for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”! August 14, 2009
- Skype’s SILK Codec: Working Towards Adoption as a Standard March 11, 2010
- Coming “Real Soon Now”: Skype for iPhone over 3G February 3, 2010
- SILK: Skype’s New Audio Codec Sets New Performance Standards for Voice Conversations February 3, 2009
- Skype for Asterisk Release Marries Skype Calling into Popular Asterisk PBX Platform September 1, 2009
- RIM: A Phoenix Emerging from its Ashes | 2 Sides 2 Everything: [...] Courtney writing on his blog (http://voiceon...
- RIM 1 of likely companies to fold next year - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com: [...] however, BB10 is the sign of a rebirth. ...
- “Skype Has Stopped Working”: Another Service Interruption | Voice on the Web: [...] Skype Login Disruption Update: User Friendly...
- Skype With Your Doctor: Risk vs. Reward —C3Social Social Media Consulting Milwaukee & Chicago C3Social: [...] Even with a signed disclaimer for treatment,...
- Whither Skype Extras Today? Withered? | Voice on the Web: [...] the Extras publishers were acquired; for ins...
- @BlackBerry’s Passport launch a test of restructuring efforts http://t.co/8Fw1ysYOR4 http://t.co/oKgtzV8SGh about 4 hours ago from Facebook in reply to BlackBerry ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @BlackBerry’s Passport launch a test of restructuring efforts http://t.co/T4smVxxPzg about 6 hours ago from Buffer in reply to BlackBerry ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @Skype 5.5 for iPhone: Answer Skype calls in an instant http://t.co/mSFOb6nECV iOS 8 Notifications getting out of... http://t.co/EDOBtIJBxj about 17 hours ago from Facebook in reply to Skype ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @Skype 5.5 for iPhone: Answer Skype calls in an instant http://t.co/ODF3JuNDF0 iOS 8 Notifications getting out of control? about 17 hours ago from Buffer in reply to Skype ReplyRetweetFavorite
- business really happens and, arguably, accelerates when you make real-world connections - http://t.co/4pH1VzSASf http://t.co/w8iHSE8q9g 12:04:25 PM September 22, 2014 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- business really happens and, arguably, accelerates when you make real-world connections - http://t.co/gqEyUfuEa0 10:45:37 AM September 22, 2014 from Buffer ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Waiting for the 7:00 a.m. tomorrow morning Milton GO train. (@ Streetsville GO Station) http://t.co/73oVgGdTkB http://t.co/Ffv5hSTve5 about 3 hours ago from Foursquare ReplyRetweetFavorite
- What is the @BlackBerry Family? - http://t.co/j4s03Wr9Y7 #BBEliteWin @kmcooley about 3 hours ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @BlackBerry’s Passport launch a test of restructuring efforts http://t.co/lvsxKiuHKS about 5 hours ago from Buffer in reply to BlackBerry ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The Jim Courtney Daily is out! http://t.co/ue7tXevpsb Stories via @rhh @ahess247 about 9 hours ago from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @Skype 5.5 for iPhone: Answer Skype calls in an instant http://t.co/JFyfZwfuY0 iOS 8 Notifications getting out of control? about 17 hours ago from Buffer in reply to Skype ReplyRetweetFavorite
- business really happens and, arguably, accelerates when you make real-world connections - http://t.co/Xf8M7TjhmS 10:30:04 AM September 22, 2014 from Buffer ReplyRetweetFavorite