Picked up the three Toronto newspapers Monday morning; each had the front page headline about the executive changes at Research in Motion that were made public late Sunday night, (I was caught up watching the 49’ers – Giants NFC Conference overtime final that ran rather late and had taken time off from the Internet.) It’s [...]
Tag Archives | Apple
Skype for iPad launched two days ago and has become an instant hit at the Apple App Store. In fact, according to AppiAnnie, which tracks sales at online stores, Skype for iPad was #1 download on the Apple App Store in 86 countries on launch day. This lead continued into the next day. This response [...]
Yesterday Apple released FaceTime for Mac, making its popular iPhone 4 Facetime application available to all owners of MackBooks and iMacs that are using the Snow Leopard (OS/X 10.6) operating system. Most significant about this announcement was the immediate expansion by several million of the user base who could be reached on FaceTime calls. (3.89 [...]
When I first saw the antenna band completely surrounding the iPhone 4 during Steve Jobs’ initial presentation, I recalled a comment made to me by RIM co-CEO Mike Lazaradis after a RIM Annual General meeting a few years ago. And I should also mention that I personally have a history of dealing with rf and [...]
Launch of the iAttaché (woops, iPad) has certainly generated lots of social media coverage: blogs, Twitter and Facebook are full of comments and reviews. 300,000 sold; over a million Apps downloaded, etc. Since it’s not available yet for Canadians (except those who made the trip to Buffalo, Detroit, Chicago and Seattle, for instance, last weekend) [...]
In the past I have written about how WiFi is becoming the de facto unregulated stealth wireless carrier; I have also mentioned Boingo as a service that provides significant convenience when on the road, with its 125,000 access points at airports, hotels, restaurants, coffee shops and other public locations worldwide. Over the past year Skype [...]
But it’s neither; it’s an electronic version of a briefcase (or attaché case) which can contain everything we carry around with a roughly 8.5″ x 11″ form factor Consider the items we would carry around in a briefcase: newspapers and magazines
…Many are disappointed by the fact it’s not a phone; however, that issue was best addressed by this photo and an accompanying comment found on an acquaintance’s social networking: Look at this picture of Steve Jobs holding his iPhone.
Early today Skype released Skype for iPhone 1.3, available as an update in the Apple App Store. Two key new features: Landscape Mode for Skype IM: Call Quality Indicator The Call Quality Indicator builds on the experience gained with the call quality indicator in Skype for Windows 4.2 beta – a tool I have found [...]
Canadian iPhone and iPod Touch users will be able to celebrate all 9’s day (today is 09-09-09) by participating in Skype conversations from their iPhone. At 12:01 a.m. the Canadian Apple App store will be making Skype for iPhone available. Breaking news (12:04 a.m. Sept. 9): I have just successfully downloaded Skype for iPhone from [...]
Skype today published data from a recent Zobgy survey that, aside from demonstrating smartphone users’ desire to control their own phone configuration, demonstrates that a significant majority of users in the four countries surveyed (U.S., U.K., Japan and Spain) simply are still not perceiving the potential for a mobile phone handset to be considered as [...]
Get Email Updates (It’s Free!)
Skype Reference Guide
- Skype Features
- Case Studies
- Skype In Business
- Skype for Business
- Hosted Services
- BlackBerry 10: My European Travel Companion(s) July 23, 2014
- PamFax: Who Uses Fax Today? June 13, 2014
- Voxeet – Bringing New Dimensions to Conference Calls April 14, 2014
- BlackBerry Z30: Setting the Bar for Smartphone Platform Performance March 26, 2014
- Voice On The Web: Coming Alive Again February 26, 2014
- FREETALK® Everyman USB Headset for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”! August 14, 2009
- Coming “Real Soon Now”: Skype for iPhone over 3G February 3, 2010
- Skype’s SILK Codec: Working Towards Adoption as a Standard March 11, 2010
- SILK: Skype’s New Audio Codec Sets New Performance Standards for Voice Conversations February 3, 2009
- Skype for Windows 4.2: Enhancing the Skype Call Experience March 21, 2010
- RIM: A Phoenix Emerging from its Ashes | 2 Sides 2 Everything: [...] Courtney writing on his blog (http://voiceon...
- RIM 1 of likely companies to fold next year - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com: [...] however, BB10 is the sign of a rebirth. ...
- “Skype Has Stopped Working”: Another Service Interruption | Voice on the Web: [...] Skype Login Disruption Update: User Friendly...
- Skype With Your Doctor: Risk vs. Reward —C3Social Social Media Consulting Milwaukee & Chicago C3Social: [...] Even with a signed disclaimer for treatment,...
- Whither Skype Extras Today? Withered? | Voice on the Web: [...] the Extras publishers were acquired; for ins...
- RT Pat ☆ Wallace: $78 million was stolen across Europe, and America because of unsecured passwords. Safe on... http://t.co/dqM5xgbRrb 07:30:04 PM July 29, 2014 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @PatWallace: $78 million was stolen across Europe, and America because of unsecured passwords. Safe on @BlackBerry ! #BBSecurity http:/… 07:06:07 PM July 29, 2014 from Buffer ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT Tyler Shields: #BBSecurity BlackBerry4Biz Ease of use, timing, limit interference with use model. You cant... http://t.co/OFTE1imLXP 12:04:06 PM July 29, 2014 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @txs: #BBSecurity @BlackBerry4Biz Ease of use, timing, limit interference with use model. You cant require a 30 char pw for a 2 second i… 12:04:02 PM July 29, 2014 from Buffer ReplyRetweetFavorite
- BlackBerry 10: My European Travel Companion(s) http://t.co/fFokxi5ada This trip was #PoweredByBlackberry #BBEliteWin 10:45:20 AM July 24, 2014 from Buffer ReplyRetweetFavorite
- BlackBerry 10: My European Travel Companion(s) http://t.co/apftHe799O This trip was #PoweredByBlackberry #BBEliteWin http://t.co/HsAoFlpOzA 10:13:09 AM July 24, 2014 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Wedding site (@ Pinhey's Point Historic Site in Ottawa, ON) http://t.co/k4gUdbTk1M about 13 hours ago from foursquare ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The Jim Courtney Daily is out! http://t.co/ue7tXeemqb Stories via @kmcooley about 23 hours ago from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- An excellent summary of progress at the "Re-energized @BlackBerry" http://t.co/gewHEuGy7i #BBEliteWin Now for the execution! 12:50:43 PM July 31, 2014 from Twitter for BlackBerry ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The Jim Courtney Daily is out! http://t.co/ue7tXeemqb Stories via @whitetopceo @icemanswimmer 04:56:04 AM July 31, 2014 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- One more demonstration of my BlackBerry Tap-to-Pay TimmyMe app. (@ ONroute Odessa) http://t.co/WYYttvZZ5D http://t.co/lhDWCSt9Z5 05:13:20 PM July 30, 2014 from foursquare ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Lunch break en route to my daughter’s wedding on Friday. (@ ONroute Port Hope) http://t.co/70DZ5JJL5x http://t.co/PfIvoRqMdD 02:45:36 PM July 30, 2014 from foursquare ReplyRetweetFavorite