Andy Abramson at VoIP Watch travels a lot to keep up with his ever expanding list of clients. And he has been having his home office renovated for the past few months. So he gets more experience than most of us dealing with all the trivia of travel, including keeping his communications costs down. Check […]
Tag Archives | Andy Abramson
Dan York, Director of Emerging Communication Technology at Voxeo, but also on the Board of the Voice over IP Security Alliance (VOIPSA) has written two excellent pieces in another of his blogs, Voice of VoIPSA, discussing the blocking of VoIP calls by Aircell. The first explains how they can block Skype calls, even though they […]
Caution: Skype 4.0 for Wiindows Beta 1 is about improving the User Interface but it is not a replacement for your ongoing Skype conversations on your primary PC and should only be used on a secondary PC to provide user feedback. While over the years, over 300 million have figured out how to download and […]
Yesterday’s announcement of new international calling plans available from Skype probably set a record for generating press traffic about Skype. Certainly my “:Skype” keyword feed in FeedDemon has been gone off the end. Most of the reports were simply rehashes of the original two press releases (Global and North America). But some bloggers’ observations are […]
VoIP News has come out with a post discussing what author Jim Higdon deems are “The 5 Best Skype Extras”. Jim presents a most interesting perspective on the dyslexic nature of Skype with its superb technology and turbulent business performance in his statement: With an unsteady performance since its purchase by eBay Inc., its founder’s […]
Having reflected on Skype’s accomplishments in 2007 and some of the more interesting devices and technologies that have crossed my way, now for my projections for 2008. (In the interest of enhanced objectivity — not that I can be totally objective — I have yet to read Phil’s 37 Sketchy 2008 Skype Predictions or Andy’s […]
Just over a month ago a two-day Skype outage caused great consternation with predictions of gloom and doom for Skype. Early yesterday here in California (around 1600GMT) I noticed almost 9.7 million users online — back to about the same number as peak loads immediately prior to the outage. Somebody out there is continuing to […]
AOL has a long history of innovation. Initially launched as a proprietary pre-Internet personal communications platform building up to several million users via dialup connections, AOL has evolved its integration into the Internet to the point where it recently broke down its “closed garden” business model and opened up the majority of its content and […]
Get Email Updates (It’s Free!)
Skype Reference Guide
- Skype Features
- Case Studies
- Skype In Business
- Skype for Business
- Hosted Services
- BlackBerry KEYone – An Security Enhanced Android Phone May 31, 2017
- A Tale of Two BlackBerry’s May 31, 2017
- Returning to Blogging May 30, 2017
- Experience Skype to the Max: 2nd Edition March 17, 2015
- BlackBerry Classic–Beyond The Power of the Keyboard Upgraded December 17, 2014
- FREETALK® Everyman USB Headset for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”! August 14, 2009
- Coming “Real Soon Now”: Skype for iPhone over 3G February 3, 2010
- Skype’s SILK Codec: Working Towards Adoption as a Standard March 11, 2010
- SILK: Skype’s New Audio Codec Sets New Performance Standards for Voice Conversations February 3, 2009
- Skype Everywhere: Nokia and Skype Announce Ongoing Partnership February 17, 2009
- RIM: A Phoenix Emerging from its Ashes | 2 Sides 2 Everything: [...] Courtney writing on his blog (http://voiceon...
- RIM 1 of likely companies to fold next year - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com: [...] however, BB10 is the sign of a rebirth. ...
- “Skype Has Stopped Working”: Another Service Interruption | Voice on the Web: [...] Skype Login Disruption Update: User Friendly...
- Skype With Your Doctor: Risk vs. Reward —C3Social Social Media Consulting Milwaukee & Chicago C3Social: [...] Even with a signed disclaimer for treatment,...
- Whither Skype Extras Today? Withered? | Voice on the Web: [...] the Extras publishers were acquired; for ins...
- No Tweets Available
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/zJKOX1rnHB Thanks to @vassko @ComingSoon_Tech #ai #marketing about 23 hours ago from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @TTChelps I was heading southbound; lots of cars northbound but about 15-20 minutes wait for a southbound car and f… https://t.co/jU6fbMCHxU 05:06:51 PM September 20, 2017 from Twitter for Android in reply to TTChelps ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @TTChelps standing at Queen there are no southbound streetcars all the way back to the circle above College https://t.co/cE86hUWWEd 04:54:32 PM September 20, 2017 from Twitter for Android in reply to TTChelps ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/5xUa7K2sYd Thanks to @cehoicka @DougonIPComm @BaquePaque #ai #tcdisrupt 04:52:53 AM September 20, 2017 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/b5pGryaek0 Thanks to @LeeRberger @jt_teran @DeanLand #iot #tcdisrupt 04:52:53 AM September 19, 2017 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/1GVpxc20vq Thanks to @gmbutts @HilzFuld @caitlincz #emmys #ai 04:52:54 AM September 18, 2017 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite