Over the past couple of years, there have been lots of requests, rumors, speculation, etc. about why Skype needs a client for the Symbian platform, for which Nokia is the primary device vendor. Through Andy Abramson’s Nokia Blogger Program I have been able to evaluate several Nokia N Series phones including the Nokia N80i which […]
Tag Archives | Alec Saunders
Taking back control of your real time communications in the AlwaysOn world. (While this post was published originally inFebruary 2007, it still has even more relevance in a very active Social Networking world; see the Update note at the end of the post). When reporting on my visit last summer to an Alexander Graham Bell […]
Recall our “Note to Innovators: Market Thyself” post over the weekend triggered by Andy’s VoIP Watch post on Why Some Innovate and Die, discussing the importance of marketing considerations in building a business. Alec Saunders has responded with several low cost suggestions for doing market research that don’t involve hiring a Forrester or Gartner: Bottom […]
Earlier this week Skype announced a new Skype 2.6 beta release for Windows. Two new features: Skypecasts controls are now directly available within the Skype client A bandwidth indicator is enabled via the Advanced Options (Tools|Optiions|Advanced) However, the most interesting for partners is this line in the announcement: For developers, there’s a feature here that […]
It’s been a busy week: The previously announced (eight months ago) MSN/Yahoo IM federation became real. Yawn. Phil Wolff and Alec Saunders have commented on the Skype code cracking by a Chinese engineering team. Ken Camp has linked both the U3 Skype/SanDisk announcement and any potential Skype code cracking to corporate security policy implications. I […]
The highlight of today’s sessions at Voice over the Net Canada was a presentation by Stefan Oberg, General Manager, Skype for Desktop and Skype Hardware. Stefan’s theme built on Alec Saunders’ Voice 2.0 Manifesto by talking about how Skype is working to be “better than a phone”. After reviewing the history of text messaging from […]
Get Email Updates (It’s Free!)
Skype Reference Guide
- Skype Features
- Case Studies
- Skype In Business
- Skype for Business
- Hosted Services
- BlackBerry KEYone – An Security Enhanced Android Phone May 31, 2017
- A Tale of Two BlackBerry’s May 31, 2017
- Returning to Blogging May 30, 2017
- Experience Skype to the Max: 2nd Edition March 17, 2015
- BlackBerry Classic–Beyond The Power of the Keyboard Upgraded December 17, 2014
- FREETALK® Everyman USB Headset for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”! August 14, 2009
- Coming “Real Soon Now”: Skype for iPhone over 3G February 3, 2010
- Skype’s SILK Codec: Working Towards Adoption as a Standard March 11, 2010
- SILK: Skype’s New Audio Codec Sets New Performance Standards for Voice Conversations February 3, 2009
- Skype Everywhere: Nokia and Skype Announce Ongoing Partnership February 17, 2009
- RIM: A Phoenix Emerging from its Ashes | 2 Sides 2 Everything: [...] Courtney writing on his blog (http://voiceon...
- RIM 1 of likely companies to fold next year - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com: [...] however, BB10 is the sign of a rebirth. ...
- “Skype Has Stopped Working”: Another Service Interruption | Voice on the Web: [...] Skype Login Disruption Update: User Friendly...
- Skype With Your Doctor: Risk vs. Reward —C3Social Social Media Consulting Milwaukee & Chicago C3Social: [...] Even with a signed disclaimer for treatment,...
- Whither Skype Extras Today? Withered? | Voice on the Web: [...] the Extras publishers were acquired; for ins...
- Beyond The Theory of Everything http://t.co/qHaMuLFRvm 09:05:12 AM July 07, 2015 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Quantum Mechanics & Enterprise Communications: More Alike Than You Think http://t.co/6WoyHS4fOm via @nojitter Parallels in Real Times Comms 08:14:05 AM July 07, 2015 from Buffer ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @BlackBerry Partners for Innovation with Mackenzie Health - http://t.co/AOFvZGyoLO Personalizing patient care support #BBEliteWin 10:45:17 AM June 25, 2015 from Buffer in reply to BlackBerry ReplyRetweetFavorite
- BlackBerry Partners for Innovation with Mackenzie Health http://t.co/ypjc2m7jFp 10:13:10 AM June 25, 2015 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- "Working Anywhere Isn't Hard. It Just Takes Planning" http://t.co/KDLO1Ch4uX @andyabramson the European nomad. 09:15:39 AM June 22, 2015 from Buffer ReplyRetweetFavorite
- VoIPWatch http://t.co/zym1ou0r6E 09:05:13 AM June 22, 2015 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/6Bx5Oe7rVN #iot #investor about 17 hours ago from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/q40a8jwjB1 Thanks to @jt_teran #iot #cloud 04:53:39 AM June 24, 2017 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/9qcD9UqH0v Thanks to @MesterRobb @sskroughriders @TMCnetDAVE #marketing #cdnpoli 04:52:51 AM June 23, 2017 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/OsDXU4WGcQ Thanks to @terrawinston @jimcarr_wpg @johnnyXalphabet #ai #cdnpoli 04:52:52 AM June 22, 2017 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/AcDmmbf7VS #iot #worldrefugeeday 04:53:00 AM June 21, 2017 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/dNX6UMcqsF Thanks to @hichamsouilmi @robmanne @cehoicka #cdnpoli #tech 04:52:52 AM June 20, 2017 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite