Earlier today I blogged about the Skype Login Disruption that occurred this morning. Seems like Skype’s developers got onto the issue pretty quickly with the announcement on Skype’s Heartbeat Blog this evening:
- An update of Skype for Windows is available immediately.
- An update of Skype for Mac
will be available tomorrowis now available.
- Updating Skype for Linux will continue to require a manual update.
Update: May 27: Skype’s Heartbeat blog reports on the Skype for Mac 5 upgrade. Also ensure you have Skype for Windows 184.108.40.206, released early this morning to address an auto-installation issue with last nights update.
Kudos to the Skype developers for getting on top of the issue and doing the software updates so quickly and to Skype corporate for communicating the issue and the fixes as they became available.
Hopefully each fix such as this builds a little more robustness into Skype.
Oh, and it had nothing to do with the Microsoft acquisition.
- Skype faces second big outage, already has fix (electronista.com)
- Skype Outages Worldwide & How To Fix App Crashes For Windows/Mac [News] (makeuseof.com)