Obligation-Free, On Demand Faxing Anywhere Worldwide
PamFax is an Internet-based service that lets you quickly and easily take a document from any of four sources and fax the document to any fax number worldwide. Fundamentally, if you have access to an Internet browser, PamFax turns your fax activity into a totally ad hoc, pay-as-you-go service.
PamFax not only replaces the overhead of a fax machine and fax phone line but also allows you to perform and manage your fax activity from any PC, smartphone or or tablet (iPad, Android, BlackBerry 10) with an Internet connection. And the documents are selected not only from your local scanner or PC applications, but also from online file sharing services such as Dropbox, Boxnet, SkyDrive and Google Docs.
PamFax is the ideal “hard copy” document communications service for both the home or small business office and road warriors. Securely send and receive fax documents in real time at any hotel, airport or coffee shop with Internet access. In fact, it can be used as a road warrior’s printer by “printing” a document to your local hotel’s fax number.
While PamFax offers a Pay-As-You-Go plan as a basic no-obligation service, PamFax also offers annual subscription plans (that include an inbound PamFax number) and PamFax Credit packs that can reduce your ongoing costs per page.
The Cost Saving:
- Sending Faxes: PamFax is totally ad hoc; send faxes on demand from a PC, iPhone, Android phone, BlackBerry 10 or iPad at PamFax Pay-as-You-Go rates starting at €0.09/$0.14 per page.
- No fax machine, no fax phone line required; no ongoing subscription or obligations.
- Sign up here and get send your first three faxes free; more details under “Sending Faxes” below.
- Sending and Receiving Faxes:
- A Basic PamFax Plan provides a local fax number for just over $5.00 per month;
- the PamFax Pro Plan includes 20 outbound faxes per month and a Control Panel for administering PamFax across a business operation. At a cost under $9.00 per month and including 20 faxes along with a company administration feature, PamFax certainly undercuts the costs of a landline phone line and the associated long distance charges.
- Check out “Receiving Faxes” below for more details; click here to sign up to a PamFax plan.
PamFax has four modes of sourcing a document for faxing:
- scan a hard copy document from almost any scanner;
- select a stored document on your PC or
- select a document from an online file sharing service: Dropbox, Box.net, SkyDrive and Google Docs
- “print” a document from within a Windows application using PamFax as the Windows printer.
The PamFax wizard is available on almost every major desktop and mobile platform, including the iPad, Android tablets and BlackBerry 10. Simply click here to download and install the appropriate application, set up an account and start faxing. Once you have created an account you can also send faxes directly from a web browser.
PamFax is fully integrated into Windows as a Printer and as a Windows Explorer context (right click) menu option. On installing PamFax you can “PamFax” directly from Microsoft Word and Excel; there is also an Outlook plug for faxing any email.
The actual faxing process comprises five or six steps:
- select a document source
- scan, device file, online document, camera (iPhone, Android, BlackBerry 10)
- select the document to be sent
- enter the recipient’s fax number and name (up to 15 recipients for one fax)
- (optional) add a cover page and enter cover page text
- create and store your own cover page template
- (optional) preview the fax
- designate fax notification destinations (Skype chat, SMS and/or email)
- Confirm that you have appropriate PamFax credits
- Send the fax
Once you have created a PamFax account, all PamFax activities are managed via a personalized PamFax Portal. A Dashboard with a fax log, user account settings, purchasing PamFax credit and subscriptions and a company PamFax Manager are all accessed via the portal.
From the Dashboard log, you can actually retrieve faxes for viewing; basically it’s a readily accessible record of all your PamFax activity. The PamFax Company Manager allows you to add/remove users, assign PamFax credits and track fax usage.
Note that with the Basic plan, fax logs are archived for 30 days; with the PamFax Pro plan, fax logs are archived permanently.
PamFax also offers two plans for receiving faxes:
PamFax Basic plan for personal faxing:
- A fax number in any of 32 countries, usually in your local area code
- 12 month subscription
- Free and unlimited fax reception
- Receive faxes as a PDF file at PamFax portal and, optionally, in DropBox, Box.Net or Google Docs folder
- No advertising
- ~$70 per year
PamFax Pro Plan is for companies who want to administer and manage employee fax activity:
- Your own local area fax number
- 12 month subscription
- Free and unlimited fax reception
- Receive faxes as a PDF file
- in the Company and User PamFax portals
- in a DropBox, Box.Net or Google Docs folder
- Send 20 pages per month at no additional cost
- Fax history log never expires
- Share a fax number and assign PamFax credit using PamFax Manager
- No advertising
- Failed faxes are not charged.
- ~US$105 per year (price may vary with currency exchange rate fluctuations)
The PamFax application for iPhone, iPad, Android and BlackBerry 10 allows you to send faxes directly from these smart devices, including documents stored on the device as well as documents from online file sharing services such as Dropbox and Google Docs. If you have an inbound PamFax number, you can view your received documents in a designated Dropbox folder, using the Dropbox or File Manager applications on these devices.
These applications are also linked into the device’s Contacts application for assigning the destination fax number.
The iPhone, iPad, Android and BlackBerry 10 applications will even fax a black and white version of your photos in either your photo gallery or directly from the camera.
Note that while PamFax for iOS shares the core application, each of the iPhone and iPad have a user interface appropriate to the size and format of the display. Below is the opening screen of PamFax for iPad:
Summary from Supplier : Looking for a simple and inexpensive solution to send your faxes? PamFax has it all:
- Simple to use:
- Fully integrated with Skype
- User friendly wizard makes sending a fax a breeze
- Send faxes from Word/Excel 2003/2007
- Send faxes from any application by printing to PamFax printer
- Easy payment with your Skype Credit
- No upfront payments, no subscriptions, no additional cost, no registration
- No advertising on faxes
- SSL secure
- Status notification via Skype Chat, E-Mail and/or SMS
- Many supported file types
- Scanner support. Scan and fax a paper document. Supports multi-feed
- Send a fax to multiple recipients at once
- User portal with fax history and settings
- Download sent faxes as PDF
- Add an optional cover page (several choices)
- Reserve credit for faxing so you can one-click send your fax
- Preview your fax
- See recipient’s location in Google Maps
Publisher’s Expertise and Background: PamConsult has a long history of developing third party applications using the Skype infrastructure. Contact Information:
- Website : http://www.pamfax.biz
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pamfax
- Phone: n/a
- Forum: PamFax Forum
- Email: Enquiry Form
Products and Services: PamFax will send faxes from four sources
- A PC-based scanner
- Browse to select a document on local PC, smartphone or tablet
- Select a document from an online file sharing service: Dropbox, Box.net, Google Docs
- As a Windows printer directly from a Windows application
- Platforms: Windows XP/Vista/7, Mac OS/X, Linux, iOS 4 and later (iPhone, iPad), Android, BlackBerry 10)
Product Access :
Installation Comments: When installing you will be asked to agree with the license.
Pricing: Rates by Destination Zone