I have just been asked to moderate a Round Table at the Voice 2.0 conference in Ottawa next Monday; Topic: the Future Visions for Telecom. Recently there have appeared three posts that provide a foundation for discussion of the subject: First, James Enck, a highly respected telecom analyst and blogger, based in London, posted details […]
One of the toughest challenges I encountered in managing the Canadian operations of a PC hardware and, later, PC software vendor was to ensure that customer support flows seamlessly between the resellers and the vendor. It is the responsibility of the vendor to set up training and support programs that provide appropriate tools for the […]
Earlier this week Skype announced a new Skype 2.6 beta release for Windows. Two new features: Skypecasts controls are now directly available within the Skype client A bandwidth indicator is enabled via the Advanced Options (Tools|Optiions|Advanced) However, the most interesting for partners is this line in the announcement: For developers, there’s a feature here that […]
Last weekend Netralia launched Version 2 of Skylook – a tool that links Skype to that ubiquitous contact management and email tool, Outlook 2000/XP/2003, and extends facets of the Skype experience to your mobile phone. In an interview with Jeremy Hague, Skylook’s CEO, I learned that Skylook is rapidly becoming a key business tool for […]
During Canada’s Centennial Year (1967) I was host for a student exchange with Finnish students; we have kept up contact over the past 39 years. Last week I asked one of them if s/he could translate the actual Helsingin Sanomat article reporting on their interview with Niklas Zennström (registration required) or at least give me […]
[Yes, I know it’s Sunday! But I started to write this up Friday.] The past couple of weeks has seen much higher visibility for attempts to duplicate the landline long distance calling revolution generated by VoIP technology in the wireless space. First Jajah launched Jajah Mobile at DEMO Fall 2006, where a Jajah client on […]
I just reinstalled SightSpeed on my “rebuilt” laptop and am always impressed with the video quality. It is reminiscent of the days about 25 years ago when the first color monitors became available for the mini-computer-based instrumentation I was selling at the time. My budget-limited customers (mostly university based researchers) thought they could get away […]
One of the nifty features of Skype is its ability perform File Transfers almost on demand. I find several time a day I need to transfer a file to a Skype contact but how I do it could happen in one of several ways. Peter Kalmström has posted on six ways to perform File Transfers […]
Yesterday Andy posted a reference to an article in today’s San Jose Mercury News about various new “mobile lifestyle” companies that want to change the way we are using phones. But Michael Arrington has made an excellent point in stating that: A bunch of VOIP services have launched to help people make cheaper calls from […]
After a lunch today at the Metreon entertainment complex’s food court in San Francisco, Phil and I walked into the Sony store and found the new Mylo available for purchase. Yesterday was the launch day. While we did not have an environment for any full testing (and the WiFi access was a bit flaky) three […]
Get Email Updates (It’s Free!)
Skype Reference Guide
- Skype Features
- Case Studies
- Skype In Business
- Skype for Business
- Hosted Services
- BlackBerry KEYone – An Security Enhanced Android Phone May 31, 2017
- A Tale of Two BlackBerry’s May 31, 2017
- Returning to Blogging May 30, 2017
- Experience Skype to the Max: 2nd Edition March 17, 2015
- BlackBerry Classic–Beyond The Power of the Keyboard Upgraded December 17, 2014
- FREETALK® Everyman USB Headset for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”! August 14, 2009
- Coming “Real Soon Now”: Skype for iPhone over 3G February 3, 2010
- Skype’s SILK Codec: Working Towards Adoption as a Standard March 11, 2010
- SILK: Skype’s New Audio Codec Sets New Performance Standards for Voice Conversations February 3, 2009
- Skype Everywhere: Nokia and Skype Announce Ongoing Partnership February 17, 2009
- RIM: A Phoenix Emerging from its Ashes | 2 Sides 2 Everything: [...] Courtney writing on his blog (http://voiceon...
- RIM 1 of likely companies to fold next year - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com: [...] however, BB10 is the sign of a rebirth. ...
- “Skype Has Stopped Working”: Another Service Interruption | Voice on the Web: [...] Skype Login Disruption Update: User Friendly...
- Skype With Your Doctor: Risk vs. Reward —C3Social Social Media Consulting Milwaukee & Chicago C3Social: [...] Even with a signed disclaimer for treatment,...
- Whither Skype Extras Today? Withered? | Voice on the Web: [...] the Extras publishers were acquired; for ins...
- No Tweets Available
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/Pt3zlFmbYD Thanks to @BBMobile @kerryritz #toronto #marketing about 13 hours ago from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/zJKOX1rnHB Thanks to @vassko @ComingSoon_Tech #ai #marketing 04:52:54 AM September 21, 2017 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @TTChelps I was heading southbound; lots of cars northbound but about 15-20 minutes wait for a southbound car and f… https://t.co/jU6fbMCHxU 05:06:51 PM September 20, 2017 from Twitter for Android in reply to TTChelps ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @TTChelps standing at Queen there are no southbound streetcars all the way back to the circle above College https://t.co/cE86hUWWEd 04:54:32 PM September 20, 2017 from Twitter for Android in reply to TTChelps ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/5xUa7K2sYd Thanks to @cehoicka @DougonIPComm @BaquePaque #ai #tcdisrupt 04:52:53 AM September 20, 2017 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/b5pGryaek0 Thanks to @LeeRberger @jt_teran @DeanLand #iot #tcdisrupt 04:52:53 AM September 19, 2017 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite