PamFax, the online fax service, has this week upgraded PamFax for Android to support Android tablet displays. As a quick review, PamFax can send documents in over 100 formats, stored on the local device, Dropbox, Google Drive, SkyDrive and Boxnet or scanned into a local PC to any destination worldwide within minutes at very low costs. It’s five or six easy steps and your fax is delivered.
At the same time PamConsult has upgraded the PamFax backend with the following features:
- Address book function with upload option.
- Custom cover page function (allows to upload your own templates with logo, etc.)
- New drag ‘n drop send fax UI.
- New recommend to friends.
- Further changes made to: Online Storage and Notification Settings.
- Minor improvements and fixes.
Since removing my fax phone line over a year ago PamFax has provided all my inbound and outbound fax services at minimal cost. For what reasons? Confidential medical information and signed legal documents tend to be the majority. I fax prescriptions to my pharmacy so that I can immediately pick them up when I get there.
All my inbound faxes go to a folder on Dropbox such that I can access them on any PC or mobile device as appropriate.
While certainly the volume of faxes has declined, the need for them has not totally gone away. PamFax does the job with minimum overhead.