When I’m in my home office I’m often tuned to Toronto’s Classic 96.3 FM which has become a classical radio station success story in southern Ontario. About six weeks ago on a Friday afternoon I picked up the last half of Alexa Petrenko’s interview with opera tenor Lawrence Brownlee who, at the time, was performing […]
Archive | Skype Markets RSS feed for this section
Ever wonder if Skype could replace your home phone line? Borderless Communicator publisher and independent Skype “statistician” Hudson Barton has outlined, with encouragement by Skype Journal‘s Phil Wolff, the complete details of how he has deployed Skype to become his home phone. If you are considering this option here are some of the considerations: Skype Online […]
This morning Skype released, for public feedback, Skype for Mac 5 Beta 1 with a range of new features and modifications of the legacy user interface. My first experiences with it over the past couple of days generate some interesting questions (that I’m sure many developers face when developing applications for both Windows and the […]
Over the past week I have been experimenting with two relatively new features that build out the Skype video experience: HD video using the recently released FREETALK® TALK-7140 HD webcam and Skype for Windows 4.2 Skype Group calling using the beta release of Skype for Windows 5.0 FREETALK® TALK-7140 HD Webcam At a price point […]
Yesterday Skype introduced new subscription or calling plan options that provide more flexibility in terms of matching a subscription option to an individual user’s specific needs. In summary: Ongoing Plans The previous local country, regional and worldwide calling plans remain in place with three two changes that I have encountered: some price increases: for instance, […]
This morning Skype issued a press release, Call Your Friends and Family Anywhere in the World For Less, announcing new consumer calling plans (subscriptions) that cover over 170 countries and introduce more granularity into the choices such as calling time, termination country(ies) and plan period (1-, 3- and 12-month). While still awaiting to see the […]
In the past I have written about how WiFi is becoming the de facto unregulated stealth wireless carrier; I have also mentioned Boingo as a service that provides significant convenience when on the road, with its 125,000 access points at airports, hotels, restaurants, coffee shops and other public locations worldwide. Over the past year Skype […]
Over the past six weeks I have attended four local social media and technology events – a PodCamp, a monthly social networking seminar, an annual project management ski day and WordCamp Toronto 2010. At each I was able to bring along a few Skype Everyman headsets to be given away as prizes. Prior to selecting […]
Three weeks ago Skype made available the “Gold” release of Skype 4.2 for Windows. In the interim I have had the opportunity to experience many of its new features, several of which I have found improve the call experience in somewhat subtle but very beneficial ways. Call Quality Indicator This is what I have found […]
Yesterday’s announcement that Skype will become available as a supported service on Verizon Wireless has to have sent a tsunami through the wireless operator world. To review the offering: A Skype client will be included on nine models of BlackBerry and Android smartphones in late March; current customers with these devices will be able to […]
Get Email Updates (It’s Free!)
Skype Reference Guide
- Skype Features
- Case Studies
- Skype In Business
- Skype for Business
- Hosted Services
- BlackBerry KEYone – An Security Enhanced Android Phone May 31, 2017
- A Tale of Two BlackBerry’s May 31, 2017
- Returning to Blogging May 30, 2017
- Experience Skype to the Max: 2nd Edition March 17, 2015
- BlackBerry Classic–Beyond The Power of the Keyboard Upgraded December 17, 2014
- FREETALK® Everyman USB Headset for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”! August 14, 2009
- Coming “Real Soon Now”: Skype for iPhone over 3G February 3, 2010
- Skype’s SILK Codec: Working Towards Adoption as a Standard March 11, 2010
- SILK: Skype’s New Audio Codec Sets New Performance Standards for Voice Conversations February 3, 2009
- Skype Everywhere: Nokia and Skype Announce Ongoing Partnership February 17, 2009
- RIM: A Phoenix Emerging from its Ashes | 2 Sides 2 Everything: [...] Courtney writing on his blog (http://voiceon...
- RIM 1 of likely companies to fold next year - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com: [...] however, BB10 is the sign of a rebirth. ...
- “Skype Has Stopped Working”: Another Service Interruption | Voice on the Web: [...] Skype Login Disruption Update: User Friendly...
- Skype With Your Doctor: Risk vs. Reward —C3Social Social Media Consulting Milwaukee & Chicago C3Social: [...] Even with a signed disclaimer for treatment,...
- Whither Skype Extras Today? Withered? | Voice on the Web: [...] the Extras publishers were acquired; for ins...
- No Tweets Available
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/FnNrCw8O16 Thanks to @DougonIPComm #toronto #blockchain about 4 hours ago from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/SD0hEnsV1j Thanks to @techiesupreme @luisbon @tedwallingford #ai #blockchain 04:54:21 AM August 18, 2018 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/vdDfDgaJXF Thanks to @theagent @pcsathy #toronto #ai 04:54:27 AM August 17, 2018 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/7polioloOq Thanks to @CharlieSierra24 @dawnbazely #marketing #business 04:55:04 AM August 16, 2018 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/n2FkDsNP8D Thanks to @MesterRobb @DonnyHalliwell #ai #security 04:54:26 AM August 15, 2018 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/lsH7zRHJ07 Thanks to @siliconbeat @sanityninsanity @TalkingPointz #blockchain #iot 04:54:27 AM August 14, 2018 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite