So why has the widget in the Voice On The Web sidebar changed recently? August 2012 and I self-published Experience Skype to the Max, an Amazon eBook that pulled together all my experience of the previous six years using, and blogging about, Skype as my primary real time communications application on PC’s and mobile devices […]
Archive | Skype LLC RSS feed for this section
Yesterday Skype celebrated its 10th anniversary. Launched August 29, 2003, within a month it had over 500,000 downloads. in some sense it was the confluence of broadband internet infrastructure and the founders’ experience with peer-to-peer architectures that allowed them to be so successful with the launch. Today it brings us chat, voice and video conversations […]
Warning: this has nothing to do with NSA and the associated debates. During my career I have worked with several high tech companies, as both employers and clients. One common thread is that you build new offerings or modify existing offerings based on performance experiences and opportunities that the previous offerings exposed. Developer toolkits become […]
One announcement during last week’s BlackBerry Live keynote was the availability of BlackBerry 10.1 for the BlackBerry Z10. Which also meant that Skype for BlackBerry 10.1 (Preview), previously available on the Q10, became available for the BlackBerry Z10. I had been testing it out on my Z10 for the previous couple of weeks and basically […]
Over the past week Skype has released Skype 4.5 for iPhone and iPad providing a reconfigured user experience in Portrait display on the iPad while addressing some user experience issues on both devices. Skype 4.5 for iPad – the new Portrait UI experience It starts with logging in. When I attempted to log into Skype […]
Last Friday Skype released Skype 6.1 for Windows Classic, an upgrade to the Desktop Skype client that incorporated: integration with Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013 taking “Add a Contact” down to a 2 step process a new profile screen with more accessible account information, and not mentioned in the Skype Big Blog post linked above: […]
Yesterday Skype released Skype 4.2.1 for iPhone and iPad bringing Skype for iPhone and iPad into the world of Microsoft integration as well as addressing some features found on the Skype PC clients. But first, as background, have a look at the statistics reported by Skype Product Marketing Manager, Jonathan Watson: According to recent data […]
Seems to be the fad. Recently PamFax for Android was updated to support tablet-size screens. Today Skype released Skype 3.0 for Android with several new features: Login via Microsoft Account IM with Windows Live Messenger contacts Superwideband SILK audio codec support Call auto-answer option and the most visible: New user interface for Android tablets. I […]
Today Skype announced a “preview” release of Skype for Windows Phone 8. While it appears to have many of the features of Skype for Windows 8 on the Microsoft Surface, there remains one major question: where can I acquire it in Canada? I have searched the three major Canadian wireless carrier sites (Rogers, Telus Mobility […]
In beta for the past six months building up a base of over 500 small business entrepreneurs seeking new customers, Skype today launched Skype in the Workplace, a free-to-use online platform for small businesses and entrepreneurs, enabling instant connections with potential customers, partners and suppliers across the globe. In a Skype Big Blog post, Bringing […]
Get Email Updates (It’s Free!)
Skype Reference Guide
- Skype Features
- Case Studies
- Skype In Business
- Skype for Business
- Hosted Services
- BlackBerry KEYone – An Security Enhanced Android Phone May 31, 2017
- A Tale of Two BlackBerry’s May 31, 2017
- Returning to Blogging May 30, 2017
- Experience Skype to the Max: 2nd Edition March 17, 2015
- BlackBerry Classic–Beyond The Power of the Keyboard Upgraded December 17, 2014
- FREETALK® Everyman USB Headset for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”! August 14, 2009
- Coming “Real Soon Now”: Skype for iPhone over 3G February 3, 2010
- Skype’s SILK Codec: Working Towards Adoption as a Standard March 11, 2010
- SILK: Skype’s New Audio Codec Sets New Performance Standards for Voice Conversations February 3, 2009
- Skype Everywhere: Nokia and Skype Announce Ongoing Partnership February 17, 2009
- RIM: A Phoenix Emerging from its Ashes | 2 Sides 2 Everything: [...] Courtney writing on his blog (http://voiceon...
- RIM 1 of likely companies to fold next year - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com: [...] however, BB10 is the sign of a rebirth. ...
- “Skype Has Stopped Working”: Another Service Interruption | Voice on the Web: [...] Skype Login Disruption Update: User Friendly...
- Skype With Your Doctor: Risk vs. Reward —C3Social Social Media Consulting Milwaukee & Chicago C3Social: [...] Even with a signed disclaimer for treatment,...
- Whither Skype Extras Today? Withered? | Voice on the Web: [...] the Extras publishers were acquired; for ins...
- No Tweets Available
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/GWL0ERnhkB Thanks to @RBinhammer #cybersecurity #cloud about 2 hours ago from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/FgvZfgLlQ1 Thanks to @vassko #bitcoin #digitalmarketing 04:54:22 AM September 23, 2018 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/3AnoBWFuj1 Thanks to @johnbowman @BradWButt #ai #blockchain 04:54:22 AM September 22, 2018 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/qdgAnVRTFh Thanks to @DougonIPComm @jt_teran #ai #blockchain 04:54:26 AM September 21, 2018 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @cp24 what's the big black cloud over south Mississauga? https://t.co/jvPJavSkyO 07:26:41 PM September 20, 2018 from Twitter for Android in reply to CP24 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/pEGrB1Fl7U Thanks to @CathrynHrudicka @robcee @cbcsports #ai #cybersecurity 04:54:28 AM September 20, 2018 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite