Today Skype announced a “preview” release of Skype for Windows Phone 8. While it appears to have many of the features of Skype for Windows 8 on the Microsoft Surface, there remains one major question: where can I acquire it in Canada? I have searched the three major Canadian wireless carrier sites (Rogers, Telus Mobility […]
Archive | Skype on Mobile RSS feed for this section
Over the past few days I have had a Microsoft Surface and checked out Skype for Windows 8 on a touch device. While there was no major issue using Skype for Windows 8 on a legacy screen with mouse navigation, using a touch screen is somewhat more intuitive. While many of the results reported earlier […]
Following @SkypeSupport on Twitter quickly provides an overview of where users are having issues. One of the most accessible features of Skype for Windows Classic is the ability to monitor audio and video settings directly from the client. Prior to a call you can check out microphone, speakers and webcam from the Call Quality Information […]
Earlier this week Skype announced a “New” Skype for Windows 8; Not Your Skype for Windows “Classic”. Today Skype has launched, coincident with the launch of Microsoft’s new Windows 8 operating system, Skype for Windows 8. It’s the first major Microsoft offering that basically embeds Skype into the entire Windows user experience. Access to Skype’s […]
Two days ago Skype announced Skype for Windows 8– a new Skype for Windows user interface designed from the ground up to offer Skype as essentially an embedded application delivering real time conversations within the Windows 8 user experience. Skype provided a brief overview video: along with some sample screen shots in the announcement post. Basically […]
Yesterday Skype announced the availability of Skype for iOS 4.1, an upgrade that introduces photo sharing as well as longer iPhone/iPad battery life when running Skype. This of course triggered some “deep thinking” as to why Skype took so long to include photo sharing as well as why it was not available on Skype for […]
Introducing Experience Skype to the Max – a comprehensive guide to enriching your Skype experience. I’ve been covering Skype via Skype Journal and Voice On The Web for over six years. I first experienced IP-based communications back in 1995-96 when I watched engineers at my employer of the day struggle to make voice calls work […]
Coinciding with today’s opening of the annual Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Skype has announced the availability of Skype for Windows Phone beta. Not surprisingly, it’s the first Skype offering to arise out of the Microsoft acquisition of Skype. It features both voice and video calling as well as some nifty integration into the WIndows […]
Yesterday Skype announced the availability of Skype 3.6 for iOS (iPhone, iPad) with three key updates: Chat improvements: Copy and Paste & URL links now work UI improvements: Edit button reinstalled in Messages Stability improvements and various bug fixes I installed the upgrade on my iPad (original version) and found the last item is the […]
Applicable to both Skype for iPhone and Skype for iPad, a Skype for iOS5 3.5 hotfix released to the Apple App Store earlier this week restores Skype chat sessions on the iPhone/iPod Touch and iPad to pre-version 3.5 performance. While Skype on my iPhone or my iPad is not my primary platform for using Skype, […]
Get Email Updates (It’s Free!)
Skype Reference Guide
- Skype Features
- Case Studies
- Skype In Business
- Skype for Business
- Hosted Services
- BlackBerry KEYone – An Security Enhanced Android Phone May 31, 2017
- A Tale of Two BlackBerry’s May 31, 2017
- Returning to Blogging May 30, 2017
- Experience Skype to the Max: 2nd Edition March 17, 2015
- BlackBerry Classic–Beyond The Power of the Keyboard Upgraded December 17, 2014
- FREETALK® Everyman USB Headset for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”! August 14, 2009
- Coming “Real Soon Now”: Skype for iPhone over 3G February 3, 2010
- Skype’s SILK Codec: Working Towards Adoption as a Standard March 11, 2010
- SILK: Skype’s New Audio Codec Sets New Performance Standards for Voice Conversations February 3, 2009
- Skype Everywhere: Nokia and Skype Announce Ongoing Partnership February 17, 2009
- RIM: A Phoenix Emerging from its Ashes | 2 Sides 2 Everything: [...] Courtney writing on his blog (http://voiceon...
- RIM 1 of likely companies to fold next year - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com: [...] however, BB10 is the sign of a rebirth. ...
- “Skype Has Stopped Working”: Another Service Interruption | Voice on the Web: [...] Skype Login Disruption Update: User Friendly...
- Skype With Your Doctor: Risk vs. Reward —C3Social Social Media Consulting Milwaukee & Chicago C3Social: [...] Even with a signed disclaimer for treatment,...
- Whither Skype Extras Today? Withered? | Voice on the Web: [...] the Extras publishers were acquired; for ins...
- No Tweets Available
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/LenSUSnvHH Thanks to @HyperWellbeing @audiophilia @DougonIPComm #toronto #cloud about 9 hours ago from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/mK2GQwzTX4 Thanks to @cbcsports @TheSocialCTV @trentjohnsen #cloud #toronto 04:57:20 AM January 28, 2020 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/GG7aVIRGNW Thanks to @jt_teran @nejsnave @tamera #ai #toronto 04:57:43 AM January 27, 2020 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/t8R4L0ioka Thanks to @malcolmbastien @cbcsports @caitlincz #toronto #cybersecurity 04:57:20 AM January 26, 2020 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/rC7XDyexGo Thanks to @MarcKBoucher @SkypeSupport @DougonIPComm #canada #toronto 04:57:20 AM January 25, 2020 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/tJWXxh6caR Thanks to @trentjohnsen @laurenonizzle @caitlincz #cybersecurity #fcc 04:57:15 AM January 24, 2020 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite