Last spring Truphone, which has been developing both VoIP clients and multi-country SIM technology since 2001, announced its Truphone World plan, expanding the use of its SIM to seamlessly and transparently support wireless carrier voice and data access in 66 countries. During my recent 24 day trip across seven European countries I was able to obtain first hand user experience […]
Archive | Skype on Mobile RSS feed for this section
It’s over three months since our last post; I’ve been on a bit of a hiatus while trying to follow trends in IP-based communications, smartphones and tablets. Skype has been evolving as a Microsoft offering that supports multiple platforms, especially on mobile devices. Also, under a new CEO, we are only just now getting a […]
One announcement during last week’s BlackBerry Live keynote was the availability of BlackBerry 10.1 for the BlackBerry Z10. Which also meant that Skype for BlackBerry 10.1 (Preview), previously available on the Q10, became available for the BlackBerry Z10. I had been testing it out on my Z10 for the previous couple of weeks and basically […]
While attending BlackBerry Live earlier this week I was interviewed by Simon Sage of CrackBerry.com as a participant in their CrackBerry Live series recorded throughout the event. After providing an overview of PamFax for BlackBerry 10 and Playbook we then went on to discuss my experience with Skype for BlackBerry 10. More on the latter […]
Yesterday Skype released Skype 4.6 for iOS, available as both Skype for iPhone and Skype for iPad. The changes include: New features and improvements: New, beautiful calling experience One-to-one chats now appear in the correct order Option to select your message as ‘read’ with just a few taps General fixes and improvements A call with […]
A few months ago Skype introduced the ability to associate your Skype ID with a Microsoft ID and the option to log into Skype via your Microsoft ID. The most immediate advantage is the addition of your Windows Live Messenger contacts to those accessible from the Skype client. While many Skype users have taken advantage […]
Back in the summer of 2009 I wrote a post, Is WiFi Becoming the Unregulated Stealth Carrier of the Future?, where I covered some of my experiences using WiFi while traveling, especially to European destinations. For ten days in January, 2013 I traveled throughout the Central American country of Costa Rica and decided to use […]
Over the past week Skype has released Skype 4.5 for iPhone and iPad providing a reconfigured user experience in Portrait display on the iPad while addressing some user experience issues on both devices. Skype 4.5 for iPad – the new Portrait UI experience It starts with logging in. When I attempted to log into Skype […]
The Grey Cup is the ultimate award for winning the Canadian Football League’s championship game. With two conferences (East and West), each of the eight teams play 18 games from July to November, followed by three weekends of playoffs, ending with the Grey Cup game on the last weekend of November. The games itself climaxes […]
Yesterday Skype released Skype 4.2.1 for iPhone and iPad bringing Skype for iPhone and iPad into the world of Microsoft integration as well as addressing some features found on the Skype PC clients. But first, as background, have a look at the statistics reported by Skype Product Marketing Manager, Jonathan Watson: According to recent data […]
Get Email Updates (It’s Free!)
Skype Reference Guide
- Skype Features
- Case Studies
- Skype In Business
- Skype for Business
- Hosted Services
- BlackBerry KEYone – An Security Enhanced Android Phone May 31, 2017
- A Tale of Two BlackBerry’s May 31, 2017
- Returning to Blogging May 30, 2017
- Experience Skype to the Max: 2nd Edition March 17, 2015
- BlackBerry Classic–Beyond The Power of the Keyboard Upgraded December 17, 2014
- FREETALK® Everyman USB Headset for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”! August 14, 2009
- Coming “Real Soon Now”: Skype for iPhone over 3G February 3, 2010
- Skype’s SILK Codec: Working Towards Adoption as a Standard March 11, 2010
- SILK: Skype’s New Audio Codec Sets New Performance Standards for Voice Conversations February 3, 2009
- Skype Everywhere: Nokia and Skype Announce Ongoing Partnership February 17, 2009
- RIM: A Phoenix Emerging from its Ashes | 2 Sides 2 Everything: [...] Courtney writing on his blog (http://voiceon...
- RIM 1 of likely companies to fold next year - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com: [...] however, BB10 is the sign of a rebirth. ...
- “Skype Has Stopped Working”: Another Service Interruption | Voice on the Web: [...] Skype Login Disruption Update: User Friendly...
- Skype With Your Doctor: Risk vs. Reward —C3Social Social Media Consulting Milwaukee & Chicago C3Social: [...] Even with a signed disclaimer for treatment,...
- Whither Skype Extras Today? Withered? | Voice on the Web: [...] the Extras publishers were acquired; for ins...
- No Tweets Available
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/xAizYtGZd6 Thanks to @CharlieSierra24 @EbatesCanada #ai #science about 9 hours ago from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/dSOkZzguid Thanks to @tron @shidan @elagerway #toronto #indonesiaelection2019 04:57:18 AM April 17, 2019 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/eS4cmJowDp Thanks to @caitlincz @kerryritz @CharlieSierra24 #ai #cybersecurity 04:57:17 AM April 16, 2019 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/5CFuBq2QiC Thanks to @filos @shidan #gameofthrones #toronto 04:57:16 AM April 15, 2019 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/3Gfbz4O8J8 Thanks to @shaiberger @DC_CHILLIN_8 @micah #fcc #cybersecurity 04:57:17 AM April 14, 2019 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/n49xGEFipc Thanks to @CQualtro #gameofthrones #googlenext19 04:57:50 AM April 13, 2019 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite