Yamaha launches their PSG-01S Microphone Speaker for Skype to be sold via the In Store Solutions shop on the Skype Store. During my recent European trip I had my first ever encounter, after several decades of traveling on Air Canada, with their baggage scales and new weight limits: 23 kg per checked luggage piece and […]
Archive | Skype Hardware RSS feed for this section
Skype launches a Canadian Skype store customized to the Canadian market. When Skype began working with hardware vendor partners a few years ago, it also realized there was an opportunity for revenue generation by hosting a store where a Skype user could purchase Skype Certified headsets, phones and webcams. However, it also quickly became apparent […]
The initial feedback post, FREETALK® Everyman: The Bloggers Speak Out, is getting a bit long for a single Internet post. But feedback continues to arrive, not only in blog posts but also via Twitterville where we find, searching on “FREETALK Everyman” and “Skype Everyman”: And Michael Graves (@mjgraves), in his post Skype’s FREETALK® Everyman Headset, […]
In my post, “FREETALK® Everyman for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”!, outlining the background leading to the production of this headset, I mentioned that the most important feature of any headset is the user experience. But reporting on the user experience has to rely on feedback from a cross section of independent evaluators who can […]
So why would Skype announce support for, and In Store Solutions develop and launch, the FREETALK® Everyman headset in a seemingly crowded market? Let’s step back a bit and look at some issues related to headsets: Skype’s research has found that a Skype user’s “end point” configuration is one of the main contributors to churn. […]
Note: Denali InterConneXions, publisher of Voice On The Web, has taken on In Store Solutions as a business development client; see the more complete disclosure at the end of this post. Over my three years of following Skype as a blogger there have been many ups and downs in the availability of Skype Certified hardware. […]
I follow several forums about Skype, for instance at LinkedIn and on eCademy. Recently I have noticed a thread on the LinkedIn Skype for Business Group asking about using Skype without a PC. While eventually I intend to have more detailed information in response to such a question in the reference content on this site, […]
The most recent hotfix release of Skype for Windows 4 Beta 3 had one key new feature: feature: Super Wideband audio codec The associated Skype Garage post went on to say: … Starting from this version we’ve included the new Super Wideband Audio codec. This is our second in-house built audio codec especially designed for […]
At a Skype’s CES 2009 press conference today recently appointed COO Scott Durchslag provided the first hints of a vision statement for Skype under its new executive team along with some initial software offerings that hint at the direction Skype is taking towards “liquid communications” or “Skype Whenever, Wherever”. In leading up to the new […]
Videophones were first demonstrated to the public at the New York World’s Fair in 1964 and Montreal’s Expo ’67. But, until Packet 8 introduced a video phone a few years ago, they were not readily available. Once Skype introduced video, you knew someone would have to come up with a Skype-enabled video phone. Coolest Gadgets […]
Get Email Updates (It’s Free!)
Skype Reference Guide
- Skype Features
- Case Studies
- Skype In Business
- Skype for Business
- Hosted Services
- BlackBerry KEYone – An Security Enhanced Android Phone May 31, 2017
- A Tale of Two BlackBerry’s May 31, 2017
- Returning to Blogging May 30, 2017
- Experience Skype to the Max: 2nd Edition March 17, 2015
- BlackBerry Classic–Beyond The Power of the Keyboard Upgraded December 17, 2014
- FREETALK® Everyman USB Headset for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”! August 14, 2009
- Coming “Real Soon Now”: Skype for iPhone over 3G February 3, 2010
- Skype’s SILK Codec: Working Towards Adoption as a Standard March 11, 2010
- SILK: Skype’s New Audio Codec Sets New Performance Standards for Voice Conversations February 3, 2009
- Skype Everywhere: Nokia and Skype Announce Ongoing Partnership February 17, 2009
- RIM: A Phoenix Emerging from its Ashes | 2 Sides 2 Everything: [...] Courtney writing on his blog (http://voiceon...
- RIM 1 of likely companies to fold next year - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com: [...] however, BB10 is the sign of a rebirth. ...
- “Skype Has Stopped Working”: Another Service Interruption | Voice on the Web: [...] Skype Login Disruption Update: User Friendly...
- Skype With Your Doctor: Risk vs. Reward —C3Social Social Media Consulting Milwaukee & Chicago C3Social: [...] Even with a signed disclaimer for treatment,...
- Whither Skype Extras Today? Withered? | Voice on the Web: [...] the Extras publishers were acquired; for ins...
- No Tweets Available
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/qBzlHaXrTV #mlb about 5 hours ago from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/ofT8aeyxNX Thanks to @sunnysideup346 04:55:22 AM September 21, 2020 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/Tjiy9XIJWz Thanks to @DonnyHalliwell #stanleycup #tblvsdal 04:55:24 AM September 20, 2020 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/YQrLDLB8aQ #roshhashanah #breaking 04:55:23 AM September 19, 2020 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/U4SbLPS5Yw #fintech #startups 04:55:24 AM September 18, 2020 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/3MAZuObgOg 04:55:22 AM September 17, 2020 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite