I have multiple tablets – an iPad 1 (upgrade coming), BlackBerry PlayBook and a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, initially running on Android 3.2 (Honeycomb). I also recently had an experience with the Microsoft Surface. When I went to install a new voice calling application for the Galaxy Tab today, it turns out I needed an […]
Archive | Wireless Carriers RSS feed for this section
Analysts and many technology reporters and bloggers had crow for breakfast yesterday; it’s time for them to get with the program. BlackBerry 10 is well along the way to becoming a smartphone market reality. And Shakespeare’s Henry V is becoming an inspiration to drive the challenge ahead. It has a 500 to 1000 year life-cycle, […]
Full disclosure: I was a beta tester of the Rogers One Number service, on behalf of one of the software vendors behind the service. I also use it regularly, mostly to answer calls to my mobile smartphone on one of my PC’s but sometimes for outbound calls. Yet I continue to use Skype for its […]
Over the past few months CounterPath’s Bria softphone clients have become an industry standard softphone client for connections to SIP-based services whether from a hosted service or a local PBX. Bria offers chat, voice calling and, as first demonstrated at CES 2012, video calling between Bria clients or out to the PSTN. It’s available on […]
When I received a “Mention” on a Tweet earlier this week: my curiosity was piqued. Obviously Marcus had read one of my previous posts about CounterPath’s Bria on the iPad and iPhone and had encountered the CounterPath name in association with a new Rogers service. Over the years CounterPath has become associated with providing IP-based […]
Yesterday long time acquaintance Andy Abramson put up a post Skype on Three-Me Too, Me Also, No Longer Me Different where he states “Now 3 no longer has the same Skype service in the UK…” and concludes with “…. now Skype is back to being just a IM based calling service online with a few […]
Three months ago Skype and TELUS announced an agreement whereby TELUS Mobility, a Canadian carrier, would become proactive in supporting Skype through several initiatives: Providing full platform and customer support for the use of Skype on iPhones and Android phones Offering a Skype edition LG Optimus Black phone powered by Android with a pre-installed Skype […]
Last week Skype and TELUS Mobility announced an agreement, where Canada’s third largest national wireless carrier will be closely working with Skype for free Skype-to-Skype and low cost SkypeOut international calling. While Canadians can use Skype for iPhone and Skype for Android on any Canadian carrier offering iPhone and Android phones, this agreement represents the […]
In a press release associated with its participation at Mobile World Congress Skype has announced an expansion of its Skype Access service to include eight additional hotspot operators. According to the press release: With one click, Skype users can connect to the Internet through a WiFi operator partner in over 500,000 hotspots around the globe […]
Following the Mood Messages of a Skype employee in my Skype Conversations window I came across this last Friday: “brand new version of Skype To Go available. Dead simple to use, nothing to download, call directly from your contact list !” Curious, I went to my Skype To Go subscription where I found all six […]
Get Email Updates (It’s Free!)
Skype Reference Guide
- Skype Features
- Case Studies
- Skype In Business
- Skype for Business
- Hosted Services
- BlackBerry KEYone – An Security Enhanced Android Phone May 31, 2017
- A Tale of Two BlackBerry’s May 31, 2017
- Returning to Blogging May 30, 2017
- Experience Skype to the Max: 2nd Edition March 17, 2015
- BlackBerry Classic–Beyond The Power of the Keyboard Upgraded December 17, 2014
- FREETALK® Everyman USB Headset for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”! August 14, 2009
- Coming “Real Soon Now”: Skype for iPhone over 3G February 3, 2010
- Skype’s SILK Codec: Working Towards Adoption as a Standard March 11, 2010
- SILK: Skype’s New Audio Codec Sets New Performance Standards for Voice Conversations February 3, 2009
- Skype Everywhere: Nokia and Skype Announce Ongoing Partnership February 17, 2009
- RIM: A Phoenix Emerging from its Ashes | 2 Sides 2 Everything: [...] Courtney writing on his blog (http://voiceon...
- RIM 1 of likely companies to fold next year - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com: [...] however, BB10 is the sign of a rebirth. ...
- “Skype Has Stopped Working”: Another Service Interruption | Voice on the Web: [...] Skype Login Disruption Update: User Friendly...
- Skype With Your Doctor: Risk vs. Reward —C3Social Social Media Consulting Milwaukee & Chicago C3Social: [...] Even with a signed disclaimer for treatment,...
- Whither Skype Extras Today? Withered? | Voice on the Web: [...] the Extras publishers were acquired; for ins...
- No Tweets Available
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/H7EpvIgorO Thanks to @somtimz @caitlincz @TalkingPointz #toronto #blockchain about 13 hours ago from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/6kNFBJrGOS Thanks to @rhh @OleksiakPenny @CharlieSierra24 #blockchain #technology 04:57:20 AM March 24, 2019 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/11rodhXNbP Thanks to @DennisSmith #tech #science 04:57:21 AM March 23, 2019 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/W2eWw9uA13 Thanks to @dawnbazely @berryvic @caitlincz #ai #toronto 04:57:20 AM March 22, 2019 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/XSDkWcYaEe Thanks to @MarcKBoucher @RealJorritsma #toronto #retail 04:57:25 AM March 21, 2019 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/2QajQnNssu Thanks to @igrigorik @caitlincz #toronto #brexit 04:57:23 AM March 20, 2019 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite