Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with smartphone innovation. In peace there’s nothing so becomes a mobile As modest stillness and humility: But when the blast of war blows in our ears, Then imitate the action of the hardware keyboard; Stiffen the sinews, summon up innovative formats, […]
Archive | Service Providers RSS feed for this section
Over a recent 24 day period I traveled through eight countries, providing an opportunity to determine the level of access and travel support I could get from my BlackBerry 10 devices (a Z30 and a Z10). I also had available an iPad Air and an iPhone 5; however, they quickly became ancillary to my activities. […]
Since its launch three weeks ago I have been recruiting BBM Contacts amongst friends and acquaintances who have an iPhone or Android phone. I now have over 20 new contacts on iPhones and Android phones and have established five common interest BBM Groups. But for some it required a more detailed explanation of what BBM […]
Voice conferencing provide Calliflower delivers a new user interface that takes full advantage of WebRTC and the superwideband Opus audio codec to deliver a simple, robust, crystal clear and reliable moderator and participant experience. It’s been over two years since covering Calliflower, a worldwide voice conferencing service which I had frequently been using up to […]
For several years CounterPath has offered softphone clients, initially the free XLite with a limited feature set and later the more scalable, robust, secure and versatile Bria series supporting SIP-based PBX installations. Over the past few years I have covered CounterPath’s Bria softphone client and its evolution across multiple platforms, including iPhone, iPad, Android (phones and tablets) […]
Observations from last week’s BlackBerry Annual General Meeting at the University of Waterloo. I attended, with one of my MBA classmates who is a retired IBM employee, BlackBerry Limited’s Annual General Meeting in Waterloo whose highlights were: Formal approval of the company name change to BlackBerry Limited Formal approval of management’s slate for Board of […]
In the early part of my career the Telex machine and associated services played a major role in my business communications. When working with a company with operations in Germany and Switzerland, Telex was our “email” of-the-day. Sit down at a clunky QWERTY keyboard and “punch” the message onto a tape (error correction not allowed!). […]
Two weeks ago I was in the midst of BlackBerry’s annual conference, renamed BlackBerry Live to reflect the spirit of rebuilding a brand to its former addictive levels of adoption through an innovative communications and information platform. Some of my lasting impressions: A Positive Energy Overall the event had a positive energy about BlackBerry’s offerings. […]
With its announcement today that Truphone is offering a “company-wide” mobile access sharing program, Truphone joins Skype and PamFax in providing a centrally manageable communications offering that shares resources across employees and associates regardless of geography. According to the Truphone press release: Truphone today became the first mobile operator to offer shared international mobile service […]
While attending BlackBerry Live earlier this week I was interviewed by Simon Sage of CrackBerry.com as a participant in their CrackBerry Live series recorded throughout the event. After providing an overview of PamFax for BlackBerry 10 and Playbook we then went on to discuss my experience with Skype for BlackBerry 10. More on the latter […]
Get Email Updates (It’s Free!)
Skype Reference Guide
- Skype Features
- Case Studies
- Skype In Business
- Skype for Business
- Hosted Services
- BlackBerry KEYone – An Security Enhanced Android Phone May 31, 2017
- A Tale of Two BlackBerry’s May 31, 2017
- Returning to Blogging May 30, 2017
- Experience Skype to the Max: 2nd Edition March 17, 2015
- BlackBerry Classic–Beyond The Power of the Keyboard Upgraded December 17, 2014
- FREETALK® Everyman USB Headset for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”! August 14, 2009
- Coming “Real Soon Now”: Skype for iPhone over 3G February 3, 2010
- Skype’s SILK Codec: Working Towards Adoption as a Standard March 11, 2010
- SILK: Skype’s New Audio Codec Sets New Performance Standards for Voice Conversations February 3, 2009
- Skype Everywhere: Nokia and Skype Announce Ongoing Partnership February 17, 2009
- RIM: A Phoenix Emerging from its Ashes | 2 Sides 2 Everything: [...] Courtney writing on his blog (http://voiceon...
- RIM 1 of likely companies to fold next year - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com: [...] however, BB10 is the sign of a rebirth. ...
- “Skype Has Stopped Working”: Another Service Interruption | Voice on the Web: [...] Skype Login Disruption Update: User Friendly...
- Skype With Your Doctor: Risk vs. Reward —C3Social Social Media Consulting Milwaukee & Chicago C3Social: [...] Even with a signed disclaimer for treatment,...
- Whither Skype Extras Today? Withered? | Voice on the Web: [...] the Extras publishers were acquired; for ins...
- No Tweets Available
- @alexeck Take a tour of an Amazon warehouse and you'll see why it can't be duplicated. Billions invested in their h… https://t.co/mkRpbkS6lB about 18 hours ago from Twitter for Android in reply to alexeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/R90VpiJTYt Thanks to @tron #toronto #blockchain about 21 hours ago from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/klUoiyrglY Thanks to @behaviorsignals @vassko @MarcGarneau #fcc #apt 04:57:21 AM June 15, 2019 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/K8FfzGh3Gl Thanks to @uoftengineering @tron @CQualtro #5g #socialmedia 04:57:19 AM June 14, 2019 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/NYVZVk6q6F Thanks to @BruceAHeyman @buschic @jimcarr_wpg #toronto #voip 04:57:31 AM June 13, 2019 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/7ZWoG7Ga5P Thanks to @matrixdotorg #apple #ai 04:57:22 AM June 12, 2019 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite