A year ago BlackBerry was ravaged in the media when CEO Thorsten Heins announced one of the toughest business decisions of his CEO role. Basically it was to move out the BlackBerry 10 launch date by one quarter into the first quarter of 2013. He stated at the time that BlackBerry 10 did not have […]
Archive | Communications News RSS feed for this section
Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more, Or close the wall up with our English dead! In peace, there’s nothing so becomes a man As modest stillness and humility, But when the blast of war blows in our ears, Then imitate the action of the tiger: Stiffen the sinews, conjure up the blood, […]
Join Alec Saunders, vice President of Developer Relations and Ecosystem Development at BlackBerry for a discussion with BlackBerry VoIP app development expert Gurtej Sandhu and Chief Architect of Hookflash, Robin Raymond about supporting theWebRTC platform and the opportunity for developers in voice and communications in mobile. This was the promotional content for yesterday’s weekly VoIP […]
With its announcement today that Truphone is offering a “company-wide” mobile access sharing program, Truphone joins Skype and PamFax in providing a centrally manageable communications offering that shares resources across employees and associates regardless of geography. According to the Truphone press release: Truphone today became the first mobile operator to offer shared international mobile service […]
A few days ago I posted about PamFax for BlackBerry 10 and how it can become your total fax solution. With BlackBerry Live coming up this week, PamFax publisher PamConsult has put out a special offer for BlackBerry Live and BlackBerry Jam Americas attendees. I will be attending many of the sessions; I have already installed […]
Obligation-free PamFax for BlackBerry 10 turns your BlackBerry 10 into the only worldwide Fax solution you need. With the evolution of the Internet, including its email and online storage solutions, the need for sending and receiving documents using faxes has declined. Yet there are still several hundred million fax end points out there. While your […]
Blaq for BlackBerry PlayBook was a popular Twitter application that provided a few extra features beyond simply following a Twitter feed. It certainly went beyond the normal Twitter client; however, one had the feeling they could make some improvements (and have regularly put out updates). However, earlier this week we learned where its developer team, Kisai […]
Yesterday BlackBerry, the company formerly known as Research in Motion, called the bluff of analysts who are trying to forecast their earnings and move share prices. However, the analysts’ interests are not at all aligned with BlackBerry’s interests, including goals, business plans and sales channel management. Analysts seek out short term results; a restructuring on […]
In today’s office, several items may occupy our physical desktop – a computer display (or two or three) and keyboard, writing tools, a blotter pad, a few books, a papers organizer, a radio and … a communications device (traditionally known as a “phone”). But with today’s Internet-enabled communications it’s feasible to want that communications device […]
Today Skype announced they had passed a significant milestone, now supporting over 2 Billion minutes of conversations per day. Here’s the infographic: 2 billion minutes infographic by Skype With Skype clients on PC’s, smartphones (iOS, Android, Windows Phone and soon to include BlackBerry 10), tablets, including Kindle Fire, and an emerging offering of Internet-enabled TV’s […]
Get Email Updates (It’s Free!)
Skype Reference Guide
- Skype Features
- Case Studies
- Skype In Business
- Skype for Business
- Hosted Services
- BlackBerry KEYone – An Security Enhanced Android Phone May 31, 2017
- A Tale of Two BlackBerry’s May 31, 2017
- Returning to Blogging May 30, 2017
- Experience Skype to the Max: 2nd Edition March 17, 2015
- BlackBerry Classic–Beyond The Power of the Keyboard Upgraded December 17, 2014
- FREETALK® Everyman USB Headset for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”! August 14, 2009
- Coming “Real Soon Now”: Skype for iPhone over 3G February 3, 2010
- Skype’s SILK Codec: Working Towards Adoption as a Standard March 11, 2010
- SILK: Skype’s New Audio Codec Sets New Performance Standards for Voice Conversations February 3, 2009
- Skype Everywhere: Nokia and Skype Announce Ongoing Partnership February 17, 2009
- RIM: A Phoenix Emerging from its Ashes | 2 Sides 2 Everything: [...] Courtney writing on his blog (http://voiceon...
- RIM 1 of likely companies to fold next year - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com: [...] however, BB10 is the sign of a rebirth. ...
- “Skype Has Stopped Working”: Another Service Interruption | Voice on the Web: [...] Skype Login Disruption Update: User Friendly...
- Skype With Your Doctor: Risk vs. Reward —C3Social Social Media Consulting Milwaukee & Chicago C3Social: [...] Even with a signed disclaimer for treatment,...
- Whither Skype Extras Today? Withered? | Voice on the Web: [...] the Extras publishers were acquired; for ins...
- No Tweets Available
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/PprBJhKCjy Thanks to @trentjohnsen @CharlieSierra24 #toronto #gameofthrones about 14 hours ago from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/QjU2z96yUr Thanks to @MarcKBoucher #toronto #gameofthrones 04:57:23 AM May 21, 2019 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/s6JxKrBuGf Thanks to @bla1ze @buschic @LarryLisser #gameofthrones #toronto 04:57:20 AM May 20, 2019 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/g5021ytkZB #cybersecurity #toronto 04:58:01 AM May 19, 2019 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/3W8ZeX1Sn2 Thanks to @DougonIPComm @celinus @Global_DP #cybersecurity #fcc 04:57:17 AM May 18, 2019 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The latest The Jim Courtney Daily! https://t.co/zsiTVgqqwa Thanks to @sarahnadav #ai #fcc 04:57:22 AM May 17, 2019 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite