One of BlackBerry’s most widely received legacy smartphones was the BlackBerry Bold 9900 introduced three years ago. In the interim BlackBerry acquired QNX and developed a new, more robust and powerful operating system, BlackBerry 10. However, it launched on touch screen smartphones, such as the BlackBerry Z10 and BlackBerry Z30 and, more recently, a low cost version the […]
One of BlackBerry’s most widely received legacy smartphones was the BlackBerry Bold 9900 introduced three years ...
Over the past several years I have followed the evolution of PamFax from initially a ...
On February 19, 2013 I received my BlackBerry Z10. As we await the arrival of ...
One announcement during last week’s BlackBerry Live keynote was the availability of BlackBerry 10.1 for ...
[Editor’s note: Today Microsoft’s Corporate VP for Skype and Lync announced a major change in its real time communications product branding. Phil Wolff recently made some comments in a Quora forum; I asked him to flesh out his points for a post. Here goes…] This is a second life for the “Skype for Business” brand. Back in […]
Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with smartphone innovation. In peace there’s nothing so becomes a mobile As modest stillness and humility: But when the blast of war blows in our ears, Then imitate the action of the hardware keyboard; Stiffen the sinews, summon up innovative formats, […]
Last spring Truphone, which has been developing both VoIP clients and multi-country SIM technology since 2001, announced its Truphone World plan, expanding the use of its SIM to seamlessly and transparently support wireless carrier voice and data access in 66 countries. During my recent 24 day trip across seven European countries I was able to obtain first hand user experience […]
Over a recent 24 day period I traveled through eight countries, providing an opportunity to determine the level of access and travel support I could get from my BlackBerry 10 devices (a Z30 and a Z10). I also had available an iPad Air and an iPhone 5; however, they quickly became ancillary to my activities. […]
Over the past several years I have followed the evolution of PamFax from initially a Windows application seven years ago through to today’s fully cross-platform application versions such that your mobile smartphone or tablet can be your sole requirement for sending, receiving and archiving faxes. But the question arises as to why does one still […]
In a recent post, Why voice is the next big Internet wave, telephony futurist Martin Geddes discusses “a wave of innovation that fundamentally alters the definition” of voice as “a mature technology that simply connects people in real-time across a distance”. In one of his points he talks about “Beyond the Call”: Sadly, we are […]
Over the past three weeks I have been experiencing the recently released BlackBerry Z30 and uncovering what I feel is the best user experience from a platform perspective of any smartphone (or tablet) to date. Yes, there are applications I would like to have but, as will be mentioned further along, that is also improving […]
It’s over three months since our last post; I’ve been on a bit of a hiatus while trying to follow trends in IP-based communications, smartphones and tablets. Skype has been evolving as a Microsoft offering that supports multiple platforms, especially on mobile devices. Also, under a new CEO, we are only just now getting a […]
Since its launch three weeks ago I have been recruiting BBM Contacts amongst friends and acquaintances who have an iPhone or Android phone. I now have over 20 new contacts on iPhones and Android phones and have established five common interest BBM Groups. But for some it required a more detailed explanation of what BBM […]
Get Email Updates (It’s Free!)
Skype Reference Guide
- Skype Features
- Case Studies
- Skype In Business
- Skype for Business
- Hosted Services
- BlackBerry Classic–Beyond The Power of the Keyboard Upgraded December 17, 2014
- What will Microsoft rebranding Lync as Skype for Business change, besides the name? November 11, 2014
- BlackBerry 2014: Reaching Out in New Directions September 24, 2014
- Truphone World – My Universal World Carrier Experience August 12, 2014
- BlackBerry 10: My European Travel Companion(s) July 23, 2014
- FREETALK® Everyman USB Headset for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”! August 14, 2009
- Coming “Real Soon Now”: Skype for iPhone over 3G February 3, 2010
- Skype’s SILK Codec: Working Towards Adoption as a Standard March 11, 2010
- SILK: Skype’s New Audio Codec Sets New Performance Standards for Voice Conversations February 3, 2009
- In Store Solutions: Building Worldwide Distribution for Skype Hardware August 12, 2009
- RIM: A Phoenix Emerging from its Ashes | 2 Sides 2 Everything: [...] Courtney writing on his blog (http://voiceon...
- RIM 1 of likely companies to fold next year - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com: [...] however, BB10 is the sign of a rebirth. ...
- “Skype Has Stopped Working”: Another Service Interruption | Voice on the Web: [...] Skype Login Disruption Update: User Friendly...
- Skype With Your Doctor: Risk vs. Reward —C3Social Social Media Consulting Milwaukee & Chicago C3Social: [...] Even with a signed disclaimer for treatment,...
- Whither Skype Extras Today? Withered? | Voice on the Web: [...] the Extras publishers were acquired; for ins...
- Achieving Productivity, Efficiency with a ‘Virtual’ Workforce http://t.co/CnJ9hotC9L 03:15:15 PM January 24, 2015 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Achieving Productivity, Efficiency with a ‘Virtual’ Workforce http://t.co/PhTZC1V2JI 03:10:07 PM January 24, 2015 from Buffer ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The Nordic Model http://t.co/vG3kaWiVTV via Foreign Affairs Interview with Skype founder Niklas Zennstrom on... http://t.co/GH1OWQK6br 09:05:12 AM January 22, 2015 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The Nordic Model http://t.co/KaKFg8isep via @ForeignAffairs Interview with @Skype founder Niklas Zennstrom on entrepreneurship. 08:14:07 AM January 22, 2015 from Buffer ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Net Neutrality: No on Reclassification, Yes on Adding Content & App Providers - http://t.co/sU2a41xObk @BlackBerry #BBEliteWin 07:06:08 PM January 21, 2015 from Buffer ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Net Neutrality: No on Reclassification, Yes on Adding Content & App Providers - http://t.co/53aSYgtEK2... http://t.co/JXjhi4iwUC 05:15:16 PM January 21, 2015 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The Jim Courtney Daily is out! http://t.co/ue7tXeN0Af Stories via @icemanswimmer @DaveMichels about 12 hours ago from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The Jim Courtney Daily is out! http://t.co/ue7tXeN0Af 03:57:01 AM January 26, 2015 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Linch (@ Panera Bread in Mississauga, Ontario) http://t.co/YMSbPp9lx1 01:17:29 PM January 25, 2015 from Foursquare ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The Jim Courtney Daily is out! http://t.co/ue7tXeN0Af 03:59:01 AM January 25, 2015 from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Checking out all the nominees. (@ Cineplex Odeon Winston Churchill Cinemas - @cineplexmovies for Birdman) http://t.co/9zefLgGyRg 07:21:57 PM January 24, 2015 from Foursquare ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Achieving Productivity, Efficiency with a ‘Virtual’ Workforce http://t.co/T2imO6PfAP 03:15:08 PM January 24, 2015 from Buffer ReplyRetweetFavorite